PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights?

JanetMegan
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Just wondering I haven't seen much lately on Boatwrights and we are considering it for a table service this Fall. I have never eaten there but we were looking for a slightly quieter non-park dinner and I wondered what you thought? We would be driving there.

Itchy
03-15-2012, 12:03 PM
We stayed at POR last year and ate at Boatwrights.

It was a very quiet and low crowd experience as we had an early dinner around 5:30. The food was very good a fresh and our server was very attentive.

We would eat there again.

You may want to try the carriage ride while there you will need to make a reservation, if I remember the cost was right at $50, Very romantic.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

JanetMegan
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the notes (btw I'll be with my parents who are 59 and 60, maybe I should duck out and let them do the ride-ha ha!)

c&d
03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
We haven't eaten there in about 5 years so I don't know how it is now but when we did eat there is was good.

Itchy
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
The carriage's have room for 4...

We were lucky, each time we took our rides (2) we got the same lady driver who has relative living about 25 miles from where we live.

We had a lot of good conversation and I think a little longer ride.:blush:

btharvey
03-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Prime Rib is excellent!! And I'm very fussy about my Prime Rib!

Environment is wonderful, service was very good, drinks were very good, $$ about as expected.

Of course, staying at POFQ, I drooled over the food court at POR, 'cause ours was so small and limited. Good, but limited.

SBETigg
03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
We did not care for it, and I don't think it's worth the trip if you're not staying at POR. There are so many much better restaurants at resorts.

azcavalier
03-15-2012, 01:32 PM
We've eaten there once. My meal was just OK, but the others liked theirs more. We would go back, but we haven't as there are more restaurants we think are better.

Fangorn
03-15-2012, 03:04 PM
We have eaten there many times and have always had a great experience - both food and service.

Both the pork chop and prime rib has always been great. The pork chop is particularly good. And, if you can't get into 'Ohana or can't get your fill of their desset, Boatwright's has a Banana's Foster Angel Food cake dessert (comes with ice cream too) that's really close to 'Ohana's.

Our service has always been stellar. One time DW and I had dinner there on our anniversary. We hadn't planned it as an anniversary dinner, but we had our anniversary buttons on and the staff went way out of their way to make our dinner special. Lots of attention, a bit of bubbly, and a visit from both the chef and the manager. Lovely people all around.

Enjoy.

Steve

Ms. Mode
03-15-2012, 04:53 PM
We had dinner @ Boatwrights last January, it was our first time there and I was nervous from all the bad reviews I've read; but we loved it. The food was great! Not over crowded, very good service. I'll eat there again for sure. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
We had dinner at Boatwright's in 2010 when we stayed at POR. I thought it was the pleasant surprise of the trip as far as the food was concerned. I thought the dining room was a bit noisy when it got busy but I think that was because everything was hard wood and people's voices tended to carry. At one point we could barely hear our waitress. I still think it is a wonderful restaurant, and would love to return there some day. We also took the horse and carriage ride and loved it. :mickey:

sassafras
03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
We make a point of going to Boatwrights every trip. It's got very good prime rib, the Bananas Foster Angel Food cake is to die for and it's the one place my hubby can get pecan pie! It never seems overly busy, the wait staff is very attentive, and it just makes for a nice, quiet, relaxing meal.
:thumbsup:

mom2morgan
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
How ironic! I've only ever stayed at POR and have never actually tried Boatwrights because I had the impression it wasn't very good!

ftwildernesskid
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
We ate there for the first time last year. The food was wonderful and the service was the best we had during our whole trip. I would go back again in a heartbeat.

natstroop
03-15-2012, 09:09 PM
We ate there in Oct of 2010 and had a very pleasant experience. Our food was excellent, especially the banana's foster. And our waitress was fantastic. We will be going back to eat there in Dec.

#1donaldfan
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Boatwrights is a great meal. Very "home cooked" tasting. They used to serve breakfast and that was our all time favorite !! They had the best sweet potato pancakes in the world !!:thumbsup:

ShanlovesMickey
03-19-2012, 01:56 PM
We stayed at POR in Feb. for the Princess half marathon & ate at Boatwrights one night. The food was excellent. We had to wait for 40 minutes but we went to the bar area & enjoyed a drink & the entertainment while waiting. Our waiter was amazing. He made the whole dinner the best. One lady with us was celebrating her birthday so they sang Happy Birthday to her! Food was fresh & the portions were great! Highly recommanded!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Shannon