PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Terminal

wendybird
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
How much is the Disney Transportation from resort to the terminal and then from terminal to airport per person? Also, how early can you book their transportation to terminal - just want to get on board as early as possible. Considering booking a towncar to get there when we choose, but not sure how much more it will cost then what Dosney offers . . . :scratch:

DizneyRox
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Not sure, but if you want it on your terms, a towncar is the way to go. Disney (probably through Mears :ack::ack: ) charges per person, and towncars are usually per trip. For two people, you may be better off (financially) going through Disney, but more than that, I bet you're going to come out ahead with a towncar.

I did West Side Transportation last year from the airport to the Port and they were great.

ElenitaB
03-14-2012, 10:44 PM
From the DCL site, it indicates "Airport to Cruise-Cruise to Airport, $70.00 per person." What time you arrive in port is determined by where you are transferring from. Busses run earlier from the airport (and throughout the morning), later from the resorts.

If you want to be in port early (i.e., before 12:30/1:00-ish), you should probably take a towncar. (Remember that you can help support INTERCOT, by using Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/), a site sponsor.)

wendybird
04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Can I use Disney Transportation one way? Was thinking Town Car from resort to Port, then Disney Transportation from Port to Airport...if so, would it then be $35 each for the return using Disney???

Donald_Quackers
04-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes, you can book DCL Transfers one way, and it is as you thought, $35.

I did this on our last cruise, had a one-way rental to the port, stayed overnight at the Radisson, returned car and took vehicle shuttle to the terminal. Afterward used DCL transfers to POFQ.

wendybird
04-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Great - Thanks for the info!!!:mickey:

MarkC
04-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Depending on how many are in your party and how much luggage you have, consider renting a one way car rental for both trips. We did in February and it was much cheaper and at least as easy. Since we were there a day early it gave us a chance to do some sightseeing and other fun stuff on our own schedule.

wendybird
04-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Not sure, but if you want it on your terms, a towncar is the way to go. Disney (probably through Mears :ack::ack: ) charges per person, and towncars are usually per trip. For two people, you may be better off (financially) going through Disney, but more than that, I bet you're going to come out ahead with a towncar.

I did West Side Transportation last year from the airport to the Port and they were great.

Doesn't Disney use their own buses for cruise transfers??....I have seen the Disney Cruise Bus with porthole windows......

Ed
04-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Doesn't Disney use their own buses for cruise transfers??....I have seen the Disney Cruise Bus with porthole windows......

Yes. :thumbsup: And no. :confused:

DCL doesn't own or operate buses; they contract those cool buses from Mears. Depending on passenger loads, you could end up on a regular yellow Mears bus instead. And conversely you'll occasionally see those DCL buses being used for runs from the airport to the resorts.

wendybird
04-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Yikes - good to know - thanks! I think I will stick with a towncar round trip!