PDA

View Full Version : What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why?

mom2morgan
03-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Ours would be Trails End Buffet - we discovered we didn't care for most of the food served, and it was a nightmare to get there. (took the boats, but it was on a Hoop-Dee-Doo night so we were very late.

SBETigg
03-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Coral Reef. We've only been there once, in 2001, and it was bad enough to convince my husband to never go back again. It was a complete nightmare experience from start to finish, and complaining to management didn't get us anywhere, not one apology. We waited an hour to sit. Husband's steak was not cooked (not even rare- I love rare and I couldn't have eaten it, the outside was still red). I didn't want to eat mine until he had his, but the server refused to hold my food or keep it warm. His steak came back an hour later. They served my kids the completely wrong orders and acted like it was our fault. Our entire meal took three hours (so four hours for the whole experience), and it was our arrival night. We were exhausted and fed up with the place.

I have actually been back for private dining in the Living Seas pavilion, and it was delicious. I tried to convince husband to give Coral Reef another shot, but he will not set foot in the place (and I can't really blame him). Our worst meal ever.

zipadeedoodah
03-14-2012, 10:15 AM
For me it would be the princess breakfast at the Norway Pavilion. My friend used to rave about it to me all the time, and how she would never miss it on a trip to the world. So, finally one year, I decided to try it. Never again! It was VERY overpriced (which I understand you get a photo with it, and eating with the Princesses) but the food was NOT good. I could get better breakfast food at the all stars food courts! So that's mine!

buzznwoodysmom
03-14-2012, 10:17 AM
1900 Park Fair for dinner. It was just awful and I don't wish to ever try it again.

There aren't many places I wouldn't give at least a second chance. We didn't really love Le Cellier the first time we ate there, but due to rave reviews we tried it again. It was OK, but nothing special in our opinion. I'd rather leave spots open for those who really love it than to try it again. I also didn't care for Boma on our first try, but I'd definitely like to try it again. Maybe it was an off night. However, 1900 Park Fair was so awful that I don't ever need to try again. It's one of the only places anywhere, not just Disney, that I won't give a second chance.

Ms. Mode
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Akershus!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
TS- Marakesh-slimy lamb just not good
CS-ABC Commisary-we threw it away it was so nasty

BhamWriter
03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
The Wave. Everything was simply disappointing. It wasn't terrible, just unexceptional in every way. There are too many good restaurants to enjoy to waste time at The Wave.

DonaldsBFF
03-14-2012, 11:16 AM
For us I would guess it would be Boma or 50's Prime Time. AKL is very nice, just didn't really like the food. Have been to 50's twice and while the atmosphere was really neat and reminded me of being at my grandparent's house when I was a kid, I was not impressed with the food either time. So these two are the ones on our list that are marked...been there...done that...other places we would like to try.

DizneyRox
03-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Since I only get one, I'll go with the Polynesian.

Nothing there was worth the trip,, Ohana's and the Luau included...

Someone stole my Coral Reef answer, so I'll stick with the above.

NewDVCowner
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
I have to ditto ABC Commissary. It took forever to get our order after we placed it. The food wasn't great and my mom's hamburger was cold - not 'had been sitting there too lon'g cold - 'never heated up after it came out of the fridge' cold.

btharvey
03-14-2012, 12:02 PM
I have to ditto ABC Commissary. It took forever to get our order after we placed it. The food wasn't great and my mom's hamburger was cold - not 'had been sitting there too lon'g cold - 'never heated up after it came out of the fridge' cold.

Sounds to me like the ABC Commissary was true to the true ABC Commissary. At least when I ate there.

c&d
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Garden Grill. It's been about 10 years since we ate there, the food was horrible. The food just sat in my stomach all day.

I'm sure they've changed the menu, but I'm just not going back.

EeyoreFan
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
The Brown Derby :ack::ack::ack:

After waiting forever and a day to get in (even with an ADR) the service was terrible. Dinner selections were disgusting, food was cold, overall terrible experience!!!! We will never go back. :ack::ack::ack:

With so many outstanding choices at WDW, don't waste your time or money at this place!

CajunDisneyDad
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Mine would have to be Capn Jacks... Food was cold,and not that great... my son wanted an extra corn on the cob, when he got it and I started to take the corn off the cob, it was still frozen... Service was bad...and then she had the nerve to grat us, we proptly removed the tip. We tip for good service and good food...this place was lacking on both accounts

disneymomma2010
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Boma
I love going to AKL. I even like the experience of the Boma. But I just do not like the food. My family loves it and for the last 3 years wanted to go. Every time I say well, ok, maybe I will find something I like this year. Nope! I leave starving everytime because I dislike everything I try! Last year half of the family were not as crazy about it as usual. I told them they are finally seeing what I've been seeing. Love the AKL experience but Im not waisting another evening at the Boma unless my family forces me. :nope: And actually my sis in law said she wanted to go back next trip and I told her that she is welcome to but we will eat somewhere else.

CajunDisneyDad
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM
1900 Park Fair for dinner. It was just awful and I don't wish to ever try it again.

There aren't many places I wouldn't give at least a second chance. We didn't really love Le Cellier the first time we ate there, but due to rave reviews we tried it again. It was OK, but nothing special in our opinion. I'd rather leave spots open for those who really love it than to try it again. I also didn't care for Boma on our first try, but I'd definitely like to try it again. Maybe it was an off night. However, 1900 Park Fair was so awful that I don't ever need to try again. It's one of the only places anywhere, not just Disney, that I won't give a second chance.

I think alot of our problem is we are too used to the food in our area :) gotta bring the life support..aka Tony's lol

Itchy
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Another vote against Capt'n Jacks.:down::down:

Unfortunately I have eatten there more times than I would like to state.. I thought I would give it another chance.

When ever someone asks about it I steer them to another restuarant..

To sum it up...Super YUCK!!!!!

sweetsavannah
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Rainforest Cafe. It was loud, over priced, the server had a bad attitude, and I got food poisoning. Never, ever again :ack:

eam
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Cape May. I know, I know, most people love it, but I had my worst Disney experience ever at this restaurant. First they sat us at a table that was impossible to get to/from at a buffet. We were moved, food was mediocre, then they charged my debit card twice for the meal. I asked them for a copy of the credit and they told me it could not be credited at that time. They eventually gave me a copy of a receipt that they said was my credit so I would leave. Upon leaving the restaurant, I looked at the receipt, and it was for a different amount, was not a credit, and was for another table. Manager of the restaurant was no help, but the manager of the resort was, and I was promptly credited for everything (although being a debit card it took a few days). It was awful, so very un-Disney. There was no joy in Mudville that day.

WDW-Geek
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM
I'll second Rain Forest cafe. At least for us, the food was fine, but it was just too loud and obnoxious and my DS (3 years old at the time) was terrified of the moving animals. :scared:

I've read through the posts, and some places on peoples "bad lists" really surprise me. I've been to the Brown Derby... eh... 5 or so times and only had wonderful food and service. It's one of our favorite places. I've had plenty of meals at The Wave and 50's Primetime--I wouldn't rave about either, but I'm fine going there. :shrug:

Fangorn
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
The one place we will probably not go to again is Artist's Point.

Not that we had a bad experience - to the contrary, everything was fine. It's just that we live in the Pacific Nortwest and to be quite honest the overall atmosphere and menu is something we can get anytime we want and it just wasn't anything special to us. It was nice to be able to get some favorite local (to us) wines, even if I did choke at the prices.

If I want to get a gourmet Northwest meal in a rustic mountain lodge, I can drive an hour to Timberline Lodge (the primary inspiration for the Wilderness Lodge) and have a true 5 star meal. Likewise, we don't stay at WL for similar reasons - it's a beautiful place and very true to the real thing, but it's just too much like home for us want to stay there on our vacation.

But then, that's what I like about WDW. What's different, unique and enjoyable for me may not be for someone else. And vice versa.

Steve

lettripp
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Marrakesh - Cinnamon and beef? No thanks...

PopPhan
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Kouzzina -- just not our type of food flavoring. Atmosphere was neat though, with the open kitchen...

Mickey's Back Yard Bar-B-Que -- Picnic tables and crowds elbowing for everything was just not our idea of fun....Maybe if we had kids to join in the dancing with the characters...Better ribs at Flame Tree!!!

Kona Cafe -- Food was OK, but (and it just might be the evening we were there) the atmosphere lacked...Would MUCH rather go to 'Ohana.

dizneydeb22
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Ours would be Rose and Crown. We were there in August 09. LeCellier lost our reservation and called around to try to accommodate us and the R&C was the only restaurant able to. We quickly found out why. From beginning to end, we were there for 4 hours and we never received half of our food or our dessert. The table next to us was sat and served 3 times in the time we were there. The manager was more rude than our server. I have never left with out paying the bill, but we did here. We were on the dining plan, so I promptly went to guest relations and made sure we were not charged a meal, especially since we were about to go back to our resort to eat at the food court! My husband and I had gone in'98 on our honeymoon and had one of the best meals of our trip there, so I was completely taken aback by the disgraceful service!

Wolf
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I know its touted as one of the best things ever but I've never been treated so badly as I was at California Grill. The server was just angry we were there, it was the resturant I fought to hard to get us into for Mom's birthday cause we heard such good things, the service was appauling, food was stone cold, we saw our server I think twice. He never had one nice thing to say, not even a smile, we talked to a manager and she was just as bad as he was...We ended up calling the resturant line because we were both waitresses at the time and knew there surely had to be someone to hold accountable for us being treated barely above bugs, but noone had answers...I ended up in tears by the time we got back to our hotel while Mom tried to lie and tell me it didn't bother her, shes waited tables close to 15 years and I did it for 6, I knew it bothered her. Broke my heart, even now years later I still have a dislike of the entire contemporary resort because I know "those" people who were so awful to us were there at one point. I honestly wouldn't recomend that place to my enemy.

OTHERWISE...ABC comisary was the worst CS we ever did, but we got to watch the Star Wars show while we tried to force down that icky food lol I wish they would do that place into a Star Wars themed cantina resturant like Pizza Planet but with the Blue elephant guys on the walls! ...sorry I'm abit of a Geek:secret:

mom2morgan
03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Likewise, we don't stay at WL for similar reasons - it's a beautiful place and very true to the real thing, but it's just too much like home for us want to stay there on our vacation.

Steve

Oh, I know what you mean!! My husband is a log home builder and we live in the mountains of Alberta - and we feel exactly the same away about poor old WL.

Scar
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Only one? Sorry, there are more than one (really 5 or 6.)

Kairi_7378
03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Electric Umbrella.

stitchingirl
03-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Le Cellier. The wait was long, the food was just medicocre. The whole reason we went there was DH was Canadian, and wanted the rest of us to experience Canadian food, but he said it wasn't even close.

AmandaChan
03-14-2012, 08:10 PM
The Yacht Club, before they changed it to Portobello. DH got veal and it was so salty... everything we got was gross.. We haven't been there in like 5 years, but I have no desire to ever go back.

ElenitaB
03-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Big River Grille — unbussed tables all around us and food that got me sick :ack:

Other places we won't repeat: Marrakesh and Brown Derby. CS: Lotus Blossom Cafe and ABC Commissary

BhamWriter
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Big River Grille — unbussed tables all around us and food that got me sick :ack:

I would add Big River Grille to my list. Very mediocre. Years ago, I liked the one in Chattanooga, Tennessee, but this one pales (I think they're part of the same group).

Nini
03-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Ohana

I know it's a favorite of a lot of people here, but we just didn't care for it. We don't like coriander so the wings weren't good to us, and the steak was really fatty and gross. Plus, I got horribly sick the next morning (stayed in the room the whole day, and was pretty much done for the last 3 days of our trip). I don't know for a fact that it was the food, as my husband had been sick two days before, but I'm unable to convince my stomach otherwise.

Also wouldn't go back to the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. I still don't know if that gravy was supposed to be turkey or beef - it was gross!

Denise :mickey:
Next up: 1/13 WL :muscles:

mom2morgan
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't know for a fact that it was the food, as my husband had been sick two days before, but I'm unable to convince my stomach otherwise

I know what you mean. I got the stomach flu really bad the day we ate at Cindy's. Even though I KNOW it wasn't the food, the thought of being there again makes my stomach turn. Weird!

PS - sounds from the posts above like the ABC Commissary is a universal thumbs down!

brownie
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Cape May for dinner (love the breakfast) and the Sci-Fi Dine-In. We had advance dining reservations for the Sci-Fi Dine-In and still had to wait over an hour to get seated. Not repeating that experience.

MNNHFLTX
03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't know that there's any I absolutely wouldn't go back to, but the least likely are Tony's and Marrakesh. Tony's because the food was mediocre. And for the Restaurant Marrakesh, we went during a free dining period and it was horribly crowded. We had an ADR, but still had to wait quite a while. It was warm outside so everyone was trying to wait inside the small air-conditioned waiting area. Unfortunately they kept needing more chairs for the restaurant itself and would come take them from the waiting area, leaving a crowd of people standing around. Then when we were finally seated, it was at a table crammed back into a corner, far away from the belly-dancing and so close to other tables that it was difficult for our servers to wait on us. Can you tell this experience left a very negative image? It's a shame, because the food was not bad.

Disney4
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
We stopped eating at H&V after three tries. The food is very plain, much like Crystal Palace, but the outlet was just filthy. Food was being mixed among the trays by guests and the staff was not doing a good job of keeping up on maintaining the line. The last time we were there I don't think we even finished our first plate before leaving.

SandmanGStefani24
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree with MNNHFLTX in that I wouldn't say never, just not very likely. I am slightly conflicted but still think I have to put Bistro De Paris on my list.

It's not that there wasn't a lot of good in my experience, though. The service was good, and my server was well versed on the menu, offered great suggestions when asked for advice, and was quite attentive. Also, some of my meal was excellent. My gratine' crab pasta appetizer was memorable, but the rest of the meal was just ok. Not bad, but not amazing as I expected. With the look, pricing and feeling of exclusivity I wanted to be wowed by the food, and I just wasn't.

I think it should be done once by anyone who is a foodie or a WDW fan, but the only feeling I got was like I was a kid and the grown up's table. Not sure I'll do it again.

olivegirl
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Akershus! It was the worst ever!! The food was terrible and the place was dirty! We were seated at 815am and the food was cold!! How is that!! Except getting a pic of DD and a princess it was a huge waste of time!!

ILoveMickey'77
03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
San Angel Inn- GROSS-- what a waste of such amazing atmosphere.

Checkers
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
I would have to say Tony's in the MK. We had ADRs and waited and waited and waited while other parties with ADRs after us were seated. My granddaughter who was a mere toddler at the time was really getting antsy. After we finally got seated the meal was just mediocre at best. The manager comped us our dessert.

A close second would be O'hana. We had dinner there 2 times with the same results. Meal was rushed and the meat was tough and the service was really lacking (we did like the dessert). We found the breakfast was much better.

tcswife
03-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Coral Reef!!!!

Starryice
03-16-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm shocked to see Coral Reef on here - Hubby and I ate there on our honeymoon and it ended up being our favorite of the trip, and we ate at a different table service every night!

My least favorite is Kouzzina service/atmosphere - not because of the food, but because of the service. They had a huge issue in charging it back to our DDP (long story, not going to go into it).

Least favorite food/atmosphere - Sci-Fi diner

While we were there, there was a disabled elderly man. The cast members let their family sit him on the bench and had a family member PUSH them all the way into the corner. It was such a horrific thing to witness that I was actually happy we left before I had to see them manhandle him out of the booth. There was disabled seating open where they would have been comfortable, but it was not the "best view" of the screen for his family to enjoy.

Horrible :(

mydisneygirls
03-16-2012, 09:48 AM
I have 3: Garden Grill, 50's Prime Time and Liberty Tree Tavern. We did not care for the food at any of these.

PopPhan
03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
OTHERWISE...ABC comisary was the worst CS we ever did, but we got to watch the Star Wars show while we tried to force down that icky food lol I wish they would do that place into a Star Wars themed cantina resturant like Pizza Planet but with the Blue elephant guys on the walls! ...sorry I'm abit of a Geek:secret:

I think you're thinking about Backlot Express rather than ABC Commissary....This is right across from the Jedi Academy stage....There is nothing you can see (really) from the ABC Commissary but walkway....It's kind of like an alleyway.....

Quadstriker
03-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Least favorite food/atmosphere - Sci-Fi diner

While we were there, there was a disabled elderly man. The cast members let their family sit him on the bench and had a family member PUSH them all the way into the corner. It was such a horrific thing to witness that I was actually happy we left before I had to see them manhandle him out of the booth. There was disabled seating open where they would have been comfortable, but it was not the "best view" of the screen for his family to enjoy.

Horrible :(

Imagine my surprise when reading this post and thinking "holy cow this person must have been there the same time that I was I saw that same thing! Oh...wait. Starryice is my wife. Uh... yeah. Nevermind."

Yeah watching that disabled gentleman get pushed around made me want to leave immediately. I have NO idea how they planned to get him out of that booth, but I just couldn't be around to see it in fear that I would end up breaking something over someone's head for being such a sorry excuse of a person.

But aside from that, the food was bad. Not only was the food bad, but the lighting was so low I couldn't even see my food. So... is my steak done properly? I have no idea. Can't see it. Oh well, let's take a bite! BLEEEECH yeah that was pure grizzle I just bit into.

The place advertises that you get to watch old sci fi movies. That's wrong. What you really get are commercials for old sci fi movies. Hey, you want to sit and watch a 35 minute commercial loop while eating? Wow sign me up!

The server we had was quite possibly the most intrusive and annoying person I have ever encountered in a restaurant. He was CONSTANTLY telling everyone what was coming up on the screen in a minute, so that we could take a picture. Dude... GO. AWAY.

Just a miserable place to try and enjoy a meal.

mom2morgan
03-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Imagine my surprise when reading this post and thinking "holy cow this person must have been there the same time that I was I saw that same thing! Oh...wait. Starryice is my wife. Uh... yeah. Nevermind."

THAT is the funniest thing I've heard today! ROTFL

Kenny1113
03-16-2012, 04:28 PM
I just posted on the Kouzzina thread my never go to again restaurant.
I will not return to Kouzzina the service was sooo bad food was good. But not good enough to warrant second chance. :(

GoldenDreams
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
My worst is La Cantina de San Angel ---- the newer take-out one. We were there at night. There was no place to sit and there were long lines and we did not enjoy the food. We had 2 young children with us and were finally able to crowd onto a bench and balance the trays so that they could eat.

We had been there for the food festival and there were tables up around the Mexican Pyramid, but they took them down when the Food Festival ended. It would be nice if they left the tables there year-round, especially now that they've added this takeout location.

Pop Centurion
03-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Nine Dragon's or whatever it was called in '99. The food was very bland & the atmosphere was.....well there was none. It reminded me of being in a local Chinese food restaurant during off hours.

Also in 05' we were disappointed with the Plaza Restaurant.

No plans of returning to either.

PinKy
03-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Coral Reef! It's the worst! We've had two very bad experiences ( service and food) there and now just can't bring ourselves to waste that kind of money on a terrible experience. Especially when there are many GOOD dining options at Epcot!

(the ABC Commissary isn't good either)

disneynarula
03-17-2012, 03:25 PM
TS:O'Hana (dry meat and too loud)

CS:Backlot Express (worse than McDonalds)

EeyoresBestFriend
03-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Oh, I know what you mean!! My husband is a log home builder and we live in the mountains of Alberta - and we feel exactly the same away about poor old WL.

Alberta has mountains?!?! :D

Just kidding ~ I know the Rockies are breathtaking! :thumbsup:

mom2morgan
03-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Alberta has mountains?!?! :D

Just kidding ~ I know the Rockies are breathtaking! :thumbsup:

LOL - Well *I* do since I'm only an hour from Jasper and Banff ;-)

MrPeetrie
03-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Like many have said, I'm not going to say never, but rather not likely about the Polynesian Luaua. Very disappointed in the food. Not worth the price.

On a disheartening note, we ate at Ohana's last trip. My DW and DD8 kept saying, "It's a beautiful location," when I'd ask if they liked it here. That's code for: "We're not liking the food so we'll say something nice about the place." fresh slabs of meat on fire!! How do you not like that???!!! Sadly, that may end up on the never list.

If you asked me before our most recent trip, Coral Reef would have been at the top. We hadn't been there since 2000 or 2001. Our experience was horrible. One hour wait WITH ADRs. Food was just so-so. However, on our last trip, we gave it another shot. Seated quickly. Our waiter was exemplary. The food was terrific. SBETigg, you may want to give them another chance.

Cinderelley
03-18-2012, 02:46 AM
The Luau. The food was horrible and so was the show.

jwallace378
03-18-2012, 07:08 AM
I'd have to say the Poly Luau....the show was decent, but the food was absolutely horrible.

AmandaChan
03-18-2012, 08:19 AM
quadstriker, that really is sad to hear about. it's so crazy how people's experiences vary so much from place to place. we have always enjoyed the atmosphere, and it always freaked me out how quiet it is sometimes.

Wolf
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I think you're thinking about Backlot Express rather than ABC Commissary....This is right across from the Jedi Academy stage....There is nothing you can see (really) from the ABC Commissary but walkway....It's kind of like an alleyway.....

Yes!! Thats the place, I'm so sorry!!!

Joannelet
03-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Crystal Palace for us. The place was dirty and the food was just awful. Our omelets didn't even look like omelets! Hubby and I were so disgusted there.

mom2morgan
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
If you asked me before our most recent trip, Coral Reef would have been at the top. We hadn't been there since 2000 or 2001. Our experience was horrible. One hour wait WITH ADRs. Food was just so-so. However, on our last trip, we gave it another shot. Seated quickly. Our waiter was exemplary. The food was terrific. SBETigg, you may want to give them another chance.

That is probably a good reminder not to put something on the "never" list because of one bad experience! Perhaps the only thing it should come down to is if the menu has items I like, or not...and not whether I had bad service or poor food quality on one occasion years ago!

phillydan
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Tony's - very quaint but he food is just blah. Once is enough.

Side note - my parents were just there and ended up getting a patio seat as the parade was starting - they thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

DANAM
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Cape may we gave it a second chance and still horrible.besides the food not being that good the service was horrible both times and we waited forever to be seated.

Mama Melrose is another that was one of our favorites we went to every trip but we will never go back there. Service was the worst in the park. Child next to our table literally got sick on the table and not only did we have to sit there the mother took the child away and the father had to sit there for 20 minuteswaiting for the check.

mickey_M_lvr
03-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Another vote for 9 dragons. One of the first times we went there is was wonderful. We re-visited it in Sept of last year and could hardly stomach it. :sick: Just bad.

LudwigVonDrake
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
ABC Commissary was some of the most inedible food I've ever tried to eat.

Crystal Palace = :ack:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Cinderella's Royal Table.

CuteAsMinnie
03-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Le Cellier!

Yes, I know I'm in the minority but I'm sticking to it. Our service was soooo bad, it was the absolute worst in all the World. My steak came to the table walking and talking and had to be sent back twice. By that time everyone else in our party were finishing their dinner. I was so ticked I used my 'charm' to get the entire meal comped to the tune of well over a few hundred bucks.

Again, I know I'm in the minority, but we'll never go back!:marg:

luvdiznee
03-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe'. Raw red roast, then burnt...:confused:

Mogie
03-20-2012, 03:25 PM
The Habachi Place in Japan. Small portions and way over priced.

Chefs de France, in Paris Pavilion. I may be spoiled having been to paris many times, but this was just gross gross gross.

LandFan
03-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Tony's - really cute but really worse than chef-boy-r-dee food - blech.

Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner now that the characters are gone - it's just blah - mostly prepackaged food (like the stouffers mac & cheese and the turkey breast is the boneless kind that has that texture and is salty like the kind you get at the deli sliced) as well. Once in a while it is not so bad but it is not worth the chance.

PopPhan
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Yes!! Thats the place, I'm so sorry!!!

No apologies necessary!! When you said where it was, I'm sure most knew which one....It doesn't hurt matters when the ABC Commissary ends up on a lot of "Yech!!" lists too!! LOL

Coral Reef! It's the worst! We've had two very bad experiences ( service and food) there and now just can't bring ourselves to waste that kind of money on a terrible experience. Especially when there are many GOOD dining options at Epcot!

After my first trip (2003) I would have said the same thing, but we were noobies and I really didn't know the parks and restaurants at all (can you say No Research!!!)....We were in Epcot and starved after a long day and wanted a sit dow and relax meal...Walked into Coral Reef because it looked nice, tucked back there in the corner behind The Seas pavilion (pre-Nemo!!)....Should have known better when we saw the waiting area packed, but were told a 5 - 10 minute wait....Almost an hour later, we were seated in the center section - not high enough to see over everyone and not low enough to see under....We ordered, waited some more, and got meals that were, at best, blah.

It took 5 or 6 trips to try it again, but we are GLAD that we did!!! Now, it is a must do TS meal for us on every trip!

Just goes to show that you cannot make a lasting decision based on one disappointing visit.

mdricks
03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Shutters at carib beach. around my house it is refered to as "shudders".

azcavalier
03-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Kouzzina's - not that it was terrible...we loved the decor and location. And the service was alright. It just wasn't very good.

Brown Derby - went for lunch OOP. My wife got the Cobb Salad. I don't even remember what I got. But I know that it was average, and we paid $100 for lunch. Sheesh!

natstroop
03-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Kringla in Norway...we tried this two trips ago OOP. The sandwiches we got were soggy and the meat was slimy. We were afraid the meat was going to slither right off the table it was so slimy. There was also a lot of flour underneath the sandwich...almost like they were trying to sop up the sogginess. We ditched the sandwiches and ate somewhere else. Bleh!

Tinkerbella16
03-23-2012, 12:03 PM
There are two restaurants that really stick out to me that we would never go back to.. #1 would be Tony's Town Square.. yuck! We are italians and we love our italian cuisine, but I will never forget eating there for the first time with my family and the nats that were flying all over the place and around our food.. the food was not good and my mom ended up getting so sick after that meal, she was stuck in the room the whole rest of the night and threw money at us to go play in the arcade or do something so we didnt have to be around her.. I felt so bad. So we will never eat there again.

#2 would be Sci-fi... ate there twice and although our experience was nowhere near as bad as Tony's, the choices on the menu weren't great and the seating felt very tight. Wish they would play actual movies instead of a 10 minute loop that keeps repeating over and over. Not a fan.. 50's Prime Time is way better IMHO.

DVC2004
03-23-2012, 03:07 PM
We don't like Sci Fi Drive In. I wanted to, and the concept is great, but it was very underwhelming as far as food goes. We never consider going back.

SBETigg
03-23-2012, 03:37 PM
SBETigg, you may want to give them another chance.

I would be up for it. We've given Kona Cafe several (and still don't care for it). But I would have to go it alone, because there is no convincing my husband to venture there again. And, I'm all for giving places a second try and you can't always tell from one bad visit and all that but... Sometimes that first visit is so overwhelmingly bad that there is absolutely no going back. Such was our experience, for my husband anyway, at Coral Reef. It's irredeemable. And a shame, but that's what happens when all of it (food/service/management) goes wrong at once.

Lizzy
03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
LIberty tree, Sci Fi Drive In and 50s Prime Time. I have even given 50's 2 more chances and just can't stand it.

Dopey's Girl
03-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Shutters at carib beach. around my house it is refered to as "shudders".

Us too! That place is just nasty. We have given it two tries, and it's on the list now. Tony's too. That 'food' is just yucko!

ronandjulie
03-24-2012, 09:09 AM
T-Rex
It's like a combination of Rainforest Cafe and an elemtary school cafeteria. Boring and loud. Never to return.

squad51
03-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Coral Reef was just horid. For a place that prides it's self on seafood the steak my wife had was better than my lobster ravioli. My dessert had no taste to it at all.
We liked the ABC Comm. The burger and shrimp were just fine for a counter service area. The sitting area was clean and the TV promos were entertaining. We ate there twice on our last trip last year.
1900 Park Fare did not live up to expectation. One would think being in the Grand Floridian the food would be better. We ate there in 2000 and the food was hands down better than last year.

wdwnutz
03-25-2012, 10:55 AM

We just went to 1900 Park Fare last week and the food, service & character interaction were great! It's not a huge buffet, but the food was good. We would definitely go back again! It was one of our favorites.

wdwnutz
03-25-2012, 10:57 AM
CS-ABC Commisary-we threw it away it was so nasty

We ate at ABC Commissary twice last week. Both times we all ordered the burger that has 3 fried shrimp on top....best burgers we had at a CS.

Kenny1113
03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Le Cellier!

Yes, I know I'm in the minority but I'm sticking to it. Our service was soooo bad, it was the absolute worst in all the World. My steak came to the table walking and talking and had to be sent back twice. By that time everyone else in our party were finishing their dinner. I was so ticked I used my 'charm' to get the entire meal comped to the tune of well over a few hundred bucks.

Again, I know I'm in the minority, but we'll never go back!:marg:

At least they cared enough about your satisfaction to compensate you some how. :)

At kouzzina it was like they didn't even care. When I spoke with the floor mgr her attitude was kinda "this is how it is" no apologies for their mistakes.
Which is why I will not give them a second chance.

greengeen
03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
There are SEVERAL I would never try again; and I usually give every restaurant a second chance, but not these:

Kouzzina - bland decor (remember Spoodles?); bland and unseasoned food (Sunbeam white bread dipped in "crystal" oil? REALLY?); and really bad service from an elderly waiter who mumbled.

Jiko - really, really snotty waiter, who treated us like bumpkins who didn't know how to choose wine (spouse & I are both attorneys and have a wine cellar). Some of the food was so bad it looked and smelled like dog food (wreck of lamb, I call it).

Kenny1113
03-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot!

Kimonos. The waitress completely insulted DS (I think he was 8 or 9 at the time). When he asked for regular chopsticks instead of trainers she said "you'll have your food in your lap" and when he ordered sashimi platter she said "you'll be hungry" she was so condesending. DH (who is usally passive) called her on it and informed her thàt we eat sushi regularly. But really, does it matter if we did or not????

twinboyz
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Hollywood & Vine: Food was very bland with no real options for adults. very disappointed.:(

tjstrike
03-27-2012, 06:27 PM
I'll go with Akershus (Norway princess dinner). The princesses were nice but the food was horrible !! :sick:

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I'll likely be flamed for this .... California Grill. The food was ok (service was fantastic), but I just wasn't that impressed for the money it cost.

Wolf
03-28-2012, 02:50 PM
I'll likely be flamed for this .... California Grill. The food was ok (service was fantastic), but I just wasn't that impressed for the money it cost.

I'm sooo glad to have a kindred spirit in this!!! :)

VWL Mom
03-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Citrico's....waitstaff has way to much attitude!

i'm grumpy
03-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Yakitori or whatever it's called now. YUCK.

The last time or two the 50s waiter wasn't fun. Last time after waiting 45 min for a table, we asked and they claimed they called us and I know they didn't. We did like TE buffet, but it takes way too long to get there. Haven't been to Orange Blossom since they changed the menu several years ago. We did stand in line forever at Pizza Planet once for what seemed no good reason. And had to eat outside the rain, but have been back.

garymacd
04-04-2012, 09:12 PM
A few years ago, we ate at Pizza Planet and just got there as they were closing. We were literally the last people to be served that day, as they put up the barricades after we entered.

Most of us had some type of pizza, but my beloved wife opted for a chicken caesar salad.

Big mistake!

Half an hour later, she was running to the toilet and spent the rest of night vomiting and running.

We did tell the Concierge desk at POR but never heard anything back.

I know she will never, ever eat there again. We don't know if this was food poisoning or just bad timing with getting a flu, but she is never going to take the chance again.

ANG
04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
France in Epcot. The waiter was a bit snooty. I was very confused about the menu/wines and when I asked they didn't answer them well. Plus I didn't care for the food.

ANG
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
We stopped eating at H&V after three tries. The food is very plain, much like Crystal Palace, but the outlet was just filthy. Food was being mixed among the trays by guests and the staff was not doing a good job of keeping up on maintaining the line. The last time we were there I don't think we even finished our first plate before leaving.

We also thought it was dirty

joonyer
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
For us it was Wolfgang Puck Cafe at DTD. We had heard great reviews about their oven-fired pizza, so we tried it for lunch. Two small pizzas, (too small to feed the 4 of us) were very ordinary, (honestly no better than Domino's) and 4 soft drinks costs us $55.00. I felt ripped off. To feed all of four is us it would have cost us about $90, for what basically amounted to fancy counter-service. Very disappointed with food quality and value. Next day we went to Earl of Sandwich, where he had 10 times better food (and plenty of it) for 1/2 the price.

clou1028
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
1900 Park Fair - ate there in 1997 and to this day the worst meal I have ever eaten. At the time Mickey and Minnie hosted dinner, and even Mickey noticed we weren't eating. He kept pointing to our plates, rubbing his tummy, and then would hold his hands up as if to ask why we wren't eating.

Hollywood & Vine - after eating here and the previous experience at 1900PF, I realized Disney buffets were not worth the risk.

waymickey
04-11-2012, 03:28 PM
ABC commissary- took forever to get our food and it was horrible. We threw it out after a few bites

Pizza Planet- overpriced small bland pizza. I'd rather have Ellios!

SCI -FI Dine- nothing really wrong just nothing really right.

MrPeetrie
04-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Pizza Planet- overpriced small bland pizza. I'd rather have Ellios!...

I totally agree!

CzepielCrew
04-12-2012, 09:24 AM
I will have to say Coral Reef. Not sure if I ate too much or not. Got very sick after my meal. Missed Illuminations :(

mudpuppysmom
04-13-2012, 01:15 PM
I had no idea reading this would bring back the memories of bad meals!! Originally the one restaurant that came to mind instantly for me was Artist Point.

Why? Well, we checked in early and had to wait until an hour past our ADR (with two kids under 5 -- who are well behaved, but even I was antsy after waiting so long) -- other parties walked up with NO ADR and were seated (same size party) and when I asked the CM hostess brused me off THREE TIMES.

I was ready to leave before we even sat down, but I appeased DH b/c for once he looked at the menues before hand and ASKED to eat here -- he never does that, so I caved.

Once seated we were treated by our server with disdain I believe b/c we had children. My older son specifically waited his turn and when I had ordered my meal I then asked DS#1 what he would like to order. The server did not even acknowledge his presence at the table. When my son was done telling his order the server looked at me and asked, "What's he going to have?"......I said, "you should have written it down, he just politely told you what he wanted". The service went even further down hill from there.....our app came out via another server (barely warm), our meal came out via another server (cold) -- OUR server walked by once toward another table and DH flagged him down for a second glass of wine and then he brought our check WITH the glass of wine -- didn't even ask if we wanted dessert (which DS had wanted the puzzle you paint -- at that time). I know this is a "nicer" place, but REALLY! When you work as a server and ignore a table you don't deserve compensation for that table......while you chit chat to friends of yours at the next table (which ours did) -- and just gushed and gushed over them repeatedly.

We were not on the dining plan, we used no discount card of any sort, we were pretty patient and DS#1 was nothing but polite (it was one of those moments you as a parent are proud of!). DS#2 was 6 mo old and he slept thru the meal -- we had fed him while waiting.

So for us, that was the absolute worst place we have eaten.

Other less than par meals for us would be:
*ABC Commisary (we trashed our food and left after two bites -- it WAS that bad)
*Studio Catering -- DS had a chicken leg that looked cremated! And they would not replace it when I said something upon its arrival on our tray.
*Brown Derby -- just not what it's all cracked up to be to us.
San Angel Inn -- again, totally ignored as a table while he served his friends and the food was AWFUL!

On the upside -- we have eaten all over property and honestly this list is a VERY SMALL percentage of the places we have been to----so we're lucky in that respect!

Plus -- dining is subjective.....everyone has different tastes -- otherwise I'm thinking some of the places that keep coming up as "bad" wouldn't be there anymore.

Have a fun trip and eat well!!:mickey:

Ruprect
04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
So based on the responses to this thread...pretty much every restaurant is one to avoid.

It does illustrate how experiences can be different from trip to trip though. We've had bad experiences at locations one trip only to have a great experience the next (SciFi is one I can think of).

ledudes
04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Prime time cafe. We used to love it, but last time we went the portions were tiny and they rushed us out. Not a pleasant experience.

TexansInNY
04-13-2012, 04:38 PM
I also would say 50's (although I do laugh at how much I enjoy some that people hate).. it is too hit or miss - might get someone fun but twice we went and had someone that just was not into character - defeats the purpose especially combined with cost/size.

captain j
04-14-2012, 05:37 AM
The Luau at the Polynesian. Food was cold. Service was horrible. I know everything Disney is expensive but this was WAY overpriced for what we got.

MinnieMommie
04-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Cali Grill...I will not go into the story but terrible all around... you would have to drag me back

Airblue1
04-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Hollywood and Vine

hope2survive
04-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I won't go back to Rainforest Cafe. I just thought the food was very average and bland for the high price. I could have gotten equally good food at a Cracker Barrel or some other chain restaraunt for half the price. :ack:

julyjewel
04-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I would break my least favs down like this:

1900 Park Fare (dinner) It was nice the first time but when we went again a second time, it was terrible. I loaded up on desserts!

San Angel Cantina- HUGE disappointment! Not enough seating too!

Liberty Tree Tavern- Tried the dinner after the characters were gone and decided it wasn't worth it.

Studio Catering- Yuck!

TikiLounger
04-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Via Napoli. I've lived in Naples, Italy and the pizza is nothing like the real thing...especially the Margherita Pizza.

And...while my kids and I like O'hana, my husband is NOT a fan of the food.

Finally, The Rainforest Cafe. Overpriced for average food and we can go to their location right here in Massachusetts (not that we ever DO go there). Nothing special...at all.

BeansMom2012
04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Teppan Edo - we enjoyed the atmosphere but the food was too salty to swallow

TRex - our server was so bad our whole meal (6 people) was comped - as were the meals of the 2 tables on either side of us. The meal started with the waitress dropping the appetizer in my husbands lap..... only went downhill from there!

Tony's - i ordered chicken parm and the spaghetti it came with was so overcooked it disintegrated in my mouth when i tried to chew it - ugh

That said - we've had tons of meals in many of the other restaurants and always found them enjoyable - just these 3 after dozens of trips, not bad!

Eric87
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
During my first trip to the resort without my parents, my girlfriend and I went for a week. On our night in DHS, we had no reservations and only the Sci Fi drive in had an open table. We thought it would be cool to experience this since we went to our local drive in a few times in our area before the last of them closed. As previous posters mentioned, the film is terrible. Just pick a few B movies and play them all the way through!! The set up can definitely work but show actual movies. Also, the food was some of the worst I had on property. Service was fine but the food and film have ruined this for me.

spoiledraf
04-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Brown Deby. Food was poor and the sevice was horrible. We actually had a Disney exec. sitting next to us and we were talking about some of the upcoming Disney projects. About 20 minutes after seating, there were no beverages, no bread at the table, no orders taken and basically no sever. The Exec. took the waiter who finally showed to the woodshed so to speak. Unfortunately it didn't seem to help.
I'll NOT be Baaaack!

CosmicRay
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Ours would be Sci-Fi Drive In. Nothing was super bad, the food was fine and all. But it was pricey for hot dogs and nachos. I understand you're paying for atmosphere, but it wasn't worth the money.

BrowncatP
04-17-2012, 09:59 PM
This has been interesting to read everyones comments. I think it just depends on when you go. My husband and I like Crystal Palace, and eat there on every trip. Trails End-left with a very full stomach. Yum. I would not go back to Kouzzina. Service was good, but I didn't like having the cinnamon on lasagna.

eandrsmom
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
~Ohana's character breakfast. For some reason, the characters kept skipping our table. We were there for over an hour, and none came over. When we complained to the management, they were unconcerned. We had finished our meal, and we refused to pay until we got to see at least ONE charater. The waitress was annoyed with us, because we wouldn't leave, but for the price of breakfast and gratuities for six, we wanted to see at least one character!
~We had ADR's for Hollywood & Vine's character breakfast on our last trip. We still waited over an hour. By the time we were seated, they were beginning to serve lunch. As previous posts have noted, the place was filthy.

Cinderelley
04-18-2012, 11:31 PM
This has been interesting to read everyones comments. I think it just depends on when you go. My husband and I like Crystal Palace, and eat there on every trip. Trails End-left with a very full stomach. Yum. I would not go back to Kouzzina. Service was good, but I didn't like having the cinnamon on lasagna.

Cinnamon on lasagna? Ewwww:sick:

swampfox28
04-19-2012, 04:10 AM
I'm the first to say it (I think), but I think Chef Mickey's is WAY overrated. I'm a big dork - I LOVE character meals - but that place is SOOOOOOO crowded that it's insane. I hated that if a character was in the room that you'd better stay put, because if you left to get food and they went by your table, you were just out of luck. I felt a little captive - and hated making my kids wait JUST in case Mickey would swing by... The food was fine - not terrible, but not amazing. Typical buffet. But SO noisy and crowded!! I don't hate it, but it's just not my thing.

Now, a few people have mentioned Cape May, the Norway princess breakfast, and Ohana; these 3 we just LOVE. (See, I am a big dork! And it just goes to show you, one person's "blah" is another person's "must see/do!") But we had amazing times at all three of these and thought the food was good (esp. at the Ohana breakfast -- YUMMMY!!) And, boy do we have some fun memories of Lilo and Stitch! Our now 7 year old girl was 2 1/2 when we went to Ohana and she was scared of Stitch, and he was SO funny with her and her big brother. Once when he passed by, Stitch pointed to the empty high chair (I'd taken her to the bathroom). Without missing a beat, my 9 year old said, "We ate her!" and Stitch made a big to-do out of how YUMMY she would have been! (She saw the end of his theatrics and spent a good bit of time following him around for the rest of the breakfast, which was hilarious to everyone who witnessed it!!)

And to be even more oppositional-defiant, we adored the 1900 park faire meal, too. Lots of fun! And a truly yummy place to eat was Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom!

(I miss Disney!!!)

-Sarah

homeschool mom
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
We wouldn't eat at Biergarten in the Germany pavillion again simply because we didn't like the food. Service was great as was the entertainment, but the food just didn't appeal to us.

swampfox28
04-20-2012, 04:55 AM
Oh -- forgot to mention Boma!

Ambiance: cool decorations and artwork
Food: icky (to me) -- just wasn't as amazing as everyone said it would be. I don't remember being esp. impressed with much of anything there, food-wise. The staff was nice, the dessert they brought us (it was our son's birthday) was very cool-looking and lovely. But all those "gotta try this" foods??? Bleah. NOT IMPRESSED! I remember thinking that if we had Disney virgins with us, that this place would be great for showing them how cool a restaurant/eatery could be, how much selection, how "authentic-feeling" it can be... But honestly, if it's just US (my family and me), we'd much rather head over to Whispering Canyon or someplace (including Germany, who I thought had great food - even though I don't really like sausage OR beer!!!) Just, no Boma for us, thanks. (Though someone DID say they had a rockin' breakfast buffet at Boma that we probably would have liked a lot more...!)

BlueDorrie
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
My vote would be for the SciFi Drive In. It was not particulary bad in any way but that terrible B movie loop made me want to poke my eyes out after the 5th go around. Coupled with the tight seating and meh food, we will not be going back again.

MissMaryPoppins
04-30-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't think I will eat at Chefs de France again. I went with my father on Super Bowl Sunday since he's not a football fan. We were in EPCOT and for some reason he insisted we eat at a table service restaurant. I was excited to go because I never ate there. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was good but we were rushed from the minute our waiter came to our table. Our dinners came out about 5 minutes after our salads. Our waiter wad rude too. I have a big problem being rushed when I'm in a restaurant. I don't like when the waiter does or someone I'm with. I have eaten at Via Napoli three times and my third time ended up changing my opinion of it. The third time we had no reservations and got seated right away. We had a very nice, attentive waiter, who kept telling us to take our time. We weren't rushed. We enjoyed our dinner and a bottle of wine. It was a pleasant surprise from the last two visits when we were so rushed.

tdk316
04-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I am slightly conflicted but still think I have to put Bistro De Paris on my list.

We'll never go here again! The food was not great, the waiter was snottier than they are in France, I kept getting hit with carts, etc.

This is one of the few that we'll never try again.

LoriSan
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Captain Jack's. smelled like my grandparent's house :ack:

Disney Hungarian
04-30-2012, 10:48 PM
I would never shun a restaurant for bad service. I know the odds of having the same waitress/waiter are slim to none.
I am a "foodie." I know that since the 80's that Disney restaurants have ranked the lowest possible on reviewers scales. For some reason, the trend has been to praise Disney restaurants. I do not think any of them warrant the praise. Their prices are so out of line with the quality. The sheer volume of a Disney restaurant should be a clue that you are probably not going to get the best "whatever it is you ordered."
That being said, It is what it is. You are in a theme park atmosphere and you will get theme park food.

I will not go back to Tony's. I will not go to the Liberty Tree Tavern for anything except for lunch. (The pot roast is yummy.)

My advice: If you have already had a dish that was spectacular at another restaurant, do not expect the same quality at a theme park. Keep your expectations low, and hope for the best.

There are some pleasant surprises in the WDW area. Be adventureous and try them all. Only you can make up your mind on what is good or not.

disneynarula
05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
I totally agree with the above poster. I have had a few experiences with bad service but never at the same place more than once.

Crow
05-01-2012, 11:58 AM
i had to think
Capn Jacks..once long ago (w first wife so that is a long time) just remember it not being good
T-Rex (w potential 4th wife) just wasnt good food or service
Boma..uh cause i met my 3rd wife there...and I dont think it was quite as good the 2nd time i ate there.
there have been places i had good meals then not so good. it depends
but w so many places to eat at WDW, you never have to repeat if you dont want to

EpcotChic23
05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
The poly luau I tried it twice and had the same feeling long drawn out show and the food was not worth the $$$

The crystal plaza in the mk is another not b/c food tasted bad or service was bad it is on the list b/c in 1998 i had cake and there was glass in it and i ate it. They comp my meal and the managers and staff were extremly nice but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.:sick:

rmsongs
05-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I have to go with 1900 Park Fair. The whole night was a disaster. First, it was pouring and there's no close parking (unless you want to pay the valet). We were traveling with friends who had never been to WDW, so when I planned the trip (including ADRs) I wanted it to be memorable. Well, it was; just not in a good way. We had 2 cars, so my buddy and I dropped off the wives and kids and went to park. By the time we got to the lobby, we were both soaked to the skin. Whoever was in the lobby (concierge???) thought it was hysterical that we were dripping wet (and freezing in the A/C). Instead of offering us towels, he suggested we go to the gift shop and buy t-shirts. I went into the men's room to try to dry off, and it was an absolute mess. There were paper towels all over the place, toilet paper scattered around, soap and water around the sinks; NOT what I expect from Disney. Then, to top it all off, the food was awful and the service was mediocre.

Obviously, it's not Disney's fault the weather was nasty, (I know they're good, but they're not THAT good :D) but the valet lot was almost empty; they could have let us park closer to the building (as I remember, the lot we were told to use was across the street from the property; a long walk in the rain). The concierge (or whoever he was) certainly could have been helpful and offered us towels, rather than laughing at us and telling us to buy dry shirts. The restroom should have been cleaned. And I definitely expect quality food and service when I'm at WDW.

I've long wanted to stay at the GF, even if only for one night as part of a longer stay. Maybe someday I will, but I won't eat there.

SandmanGStefani24
05-30-2012, 12:46 PM
I
I am a "foodie." I know that since the 80's that Disney restaurants have ranked the lowest possible on reviewers scales. For some reason, the trend has been to praise Disney restaurants. I do not think any of them warrant the praise. Their prices are so out of line with the quality. The sheer volume of a Disney restaurant should be a clue that you are probably not going to get the best "whatever it is you ordered."

Seriously? I consider myself a foodie and love to cook as much as I eat. I don't think the dismissal of all WDW restaurants is necessary. I would think a foodie would enjoy looking for and finding things they enjoyed. There are so many things I could list that are great to eat in just Epcot, never mind anywhere else. Let's not get carried away here...

And forgot two places :-o
Columbia Harbour. Ambience is very nice. I sat upstairs in a quiet corner by a window and was able to people watch for a while looking over the pathway to HM. Very pleasant and neat looking inside but still didn't make up for my dry fish sticks. (Ordered fried fish, but got what looked like a kids meal. Maybe wrong order? Lol)

McDonalds Near All Stars. Used to be a cheap alternative to the resort food, or at least something different. No way, no how anymore! The last time i stepped inside, I saw that the prices were WAY over what they are anywhere else. Meals ranged from 6-10 dollars! Most burgers/sandwiches were around 4-5 dollars, without fries or drinks. No dollar menu to be found either! And when this place is usually dead, why is the service so slow? Just wondering...

Gator
05-30-2012, 04:20 PM
1. San Angel. Man, I live in "North" Mexico where we get quality Mexican food all the time. San Angel is for those who like plain, bland food. Not to mention lousy service, but that could happen anywhere.

2. Corral Reef. I actually liked my food, but everyone else hated it. Plus it took 45 minutes to be seated for a 6pm ressie. Terrible.

3. Garden Grill. Food was barely OK. And it was LOUD. With the waterfalls and ambient noise, everyone has to shout to be heard. Not even Mickey and the gang can pull me back there.

Really shocked to see Le Cellier, Marekesh, and Akershus on lists. These are in my top 5. But that just means it's that much easier for me to get into.

disneydeb
05-31-2012, 01:34 AM
The first two or three times Le Cellier was great, but our last time was, well, our LAST time. Food and service were awful!!!!:sick:

Marakesh, we've also put off our list. Bad food and awful service.

Chefs gave us snooty service as well and the food was not good, we won't be back.

Coral Reef and Boma have always been terrific!:thumbsup::thumbsup: and our server has always bent over backwards to please us.:thumbsup:

California Grill never disappoints:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Friday, I make ressies for our November-December trip!!!

OHana, we are never dissappointed there either.

jimsgal05
05-31-2012, 07:35 AM
the wave for me...we had an ADR we got there early there was noone there..quests..we told them our time they said okay we were there 30 mins early... they could ahev seated us..nope
then we get there waitress was okay we tried making small talk there was 2 other couples in the room... and another waiter for them. husband orders Samon and I order FM...his was rear inside so we send it back...we waited and waited... i had mine so I ate some due to medical I could not wait ...but ate real slow..finally his was served good.. but the staf just didn't seem to care... we left a tip small one it took our waitor 2o mins to get water..really if it was packed yes..but we were her only table...

food was okay but service slow and unintentive... another vote agaist THE WAVE

i'm grumpy
05-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Pizza Planet. It was very overdone. It wasn't even sliced completely, probably because it was so crunchy!! Had to wrestle it apart.

mdricks
05-31-2012, 12:52 PM
I know that since the 80's that Disney restaurants have ranked the lowest possible on reviewers scales.

The only 5 diamond in Orlando (one of two in Florida) is a Disney property. As a foodie who has done my time in kitchens I can say this is great post because of the wide range of foods offered at Disney. While expectation management is an excellent plan for many Disney restaurants (i.e. Shutters barf!) it is by no means the norm.

:number1:

garymacd
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM

I just read this part of your post to my beloved wife. She said we must have been separated at birth, and sends her apologies to your beloved wife!

White Rose
06-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Honestly, I've never had an absolutely HORRID meal at Disney. I've had a few meals that were 'meh' but never what some people are describing. Not to say that they didn't happen, because I'm sure they did, but that my own experiences were never that bad.

In spite of this, I would have to say I would most likely not return to Via Napoli (I know, right?! I even can't believe I'm saying this!). I ate there with family in January 2012 and while the food was good, it was awfully crowded. The layout of this place is terrible and it was so LOUD. I felt awful because I had convinced my parents of how good this place was and I'm afraid that my own expectations may have fallen short. Our server was nice but she spent a lot of time arguing and ordering other servers around and we had difficulty hearing her and vice versa.

My family didn't have the dining plan (and VP doesn't accept it anyway) so we paid for the whole thing out of pocket but paying $70 and up for two pizzas just seemed...excessive. I'm going back to Disney in January 2013 for my 25th bday and I'm just going to skillfully avoid this place (and we'll be on the DDP anyway).

MarkC
06-03-2012, 02:27 PM
For me, its the Hollywood Brown Derby. It was good, I just thought the food was overpriced (I know-- its Disney). Service was good and food was decent but it was just not worth the price when there are so many other choices out there.

My wife mentioned Rose and Crown. We've eaten there twice and had fun, but its somewhat of a limited menu and once you've tried a couple of things, there isn't much left. Again, that's our opinion only. Food is very personal.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-09-2012, 01:02 PM
SCI -FI Dine- nothing really wrong just nothing really right.

:funny: I LOVED that description!!

I 've felt exactly like that about a few places . . . well said! :thumbsup:

MickeyFanKY
06-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Boma. Didn't like the food at all. :ack:

P.Sherman42
06-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Couldn't disagree more with those saying Cali grill or Brown Derby. Your experience must have been a fluke, because the food and service every time I have gone has been nothing short of spectacular. Having said that, I can't blame you if your reason is the prices, but we like the meal plan, so that hasn't been an issue for us.

AntMagsMom
06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Mama Melrose. We ate there for the Fantasmic package and the food was for lack of any other word...gross. :ill:

SurferStitch
06-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Le Chefs de France (Scallops that were raw in the middle.... spongy, springy, fat riddled filet..... half frozen and wet creme puffs). It was really a bad meal, unfortunately.

Artist Point (Again, half raw scallops with no seasoning, bland food all around, very poor service). Just not impressed.

The Wave (Again.... terribly bland food and poor service at a high price tag.) Luckily our concierge comped this meal. We didn't even have to complain... he was just chatting with us before the fireworks one night and asked how dinner was. We told him we tried a new restaurant, but didn't care for it, but it was a lesson learned, so we just wouldn't go back. He slipped away for a few minutes, then came back and told us it was just a memory. :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
We ate at ABC Commissary twice last week. Both times we all ordered the burger that has 3 fried shrimp on top....best burgers we had at a CS.

Ooooh.... never had that before. I hope they have it in October. We like the Commissary a lot!

Crow
06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Le Chefs de France (Scallops that were raw in the middle.... spongy, springy, fat riddled filet..... half frozen and wet creme puffs). It was really a bad meal, unfortunately.

Artist Point (Again, half raw scallops with no seasoning, bland food all around, very poor service). Just not impressed.

The Wave (Again.... terribly bland food and poor service at a high price tag.) Luckily our concierge comped this meal. We didn't even have to complain... he was just chatting with us before the fireworks one night and asked how dinner was. We told him we tried a new restaurant, but didn't care for it, but it was a lesson learned, so we just wouldn't go back. He slipped away for a few minutes, then came back and told us it was just a memory. :thumbsup:

wow I just had good meals at AP and LCF a few wks ago..didnt have the scallops there though, scallops at RR were good.
I had short ribs at LCF a big portion, and cedar plank salmon at AP..
if i was basing it on this last trip only, i wouldnt go back to Wolfgang Pucks or Via Napoli.

jonahbear2006
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Coral Reef. We've only been there once, in 2001, and it was bad enough to convince my husband to never go back again. It was a complete nightmare experience from start to finish, and complaining to management didn't get us anywhere, not one apology. We waited an hour to sit. Husband's steak was not cooked (not even rare- I love rare and I couldn't have eaten it, the outside was still red). I didn't want to eat mine until he had his, but the server refused to hold my food or keep it warm. His steak came back an hour later. They served my kids the completely wrong orders and acted like it was our fault. Our entire meal took three hours (so four hours for the whole experience), and it was our arrival night. We were exhausted and fed up with the place.

I have actually been back for private dining in the Living Seas pavilion, and it was delicious. I tried to convince husband to give Coral Reef another shot, but he will not set foot in the place (and I can't really blame him). Our worst meal ever.

We had the same experience. A hurricane had come through and it was a terenchal downpour. We were soaked down to our shoes, which had puddles in them. The restaurant was freezing and we waited 90 min for a table bc, despite what they said when we asked, they were taking walk ins ahead of us. We watched them do it. They comped lobster bisque for our family but didnt tell me what it was, so here I am eating lobster (allergic to shellfish) and our food took an hour to get out and then it took 30 min just to get the bill taken care of. We had little to no apologies and no offer for free dessert or bill coverage or anything for our troubles. It was supposed to be my daughter's 9th birthday dinner and she was in tears. She had expected this to be something to look forward to, and had asked about the place for a couple of years by now. . . and they couldn't have seated us further from the tank. It was just a mess and we all left angry. I wont take my family back there. I went alone in February for a quiet dinner alone and their management is just sub-par, imho, comparatively...being that this is supposed to be Disney World.

Mackflava99
06-28-2012, 05:03 PM
50's Prime Time-

Previously we had had a poor experience, but i wanted to give it another try because my kids were a little older.
So we tried last year...
We had a super long wait, even though we were 20 minutes early for our ADR.
We had a really bad Bad Waiter ( i wont say CM), didnt even try to be in character.
The food was delivered incorrectly, and when we got our requested meal, it was cold.
But the worst was there was a table of 8 kids about 14-16 next to us and they were loud and obnoxious. ( the parents were all at another table in a different section of the restaurant. The Waiter would not quiet them down and the parents didnt care. I had to go threaten them so we could eat in peace...( they did quiet down , i guess i scared them) but it was a terrible experience. Never again