PDA

View Full Version : Know what I LOVE about INTERCOT?

Septbride2002
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
After being called out on the podcast for being a long time member (and proud!) I realized I've been here over 10 years. :D

What I love most though about INTERCOT is that it pratically looks the same as it did back then. Sure there have been some additions - but the format for the most part has remained intact. And the additions have been welcomed ones rather then detract from the original intent of the boards. For awhile I ventured off into other parts of Disney messages boards unknown and it felt like they were always messing with the format. INTERCOT is consistent and it is the one site I know I can come to and the Info Center will be updated, and I can ask a question and not get a nasty response for my question being stupid.

So that is what I love - that 10+ years later - INTERCOT is still a welcoming easy to navigate site.

:rocks:

Dopey's Girl
03-13-2012, 10:44 PM
I totally agree! I belonged to another message board site and it was horrible. Full of snark and rudeness. I love that we don't have that here.

DizNee143
03-14-2012, 08:01 AM
I always come back to intercot! I do venture off and research everywhere..but I always start and finish with intercot! I miss a few things that people stopped posting and a few people are missing too.
But like you said not much has changed here and I like that..I don't like change!
I can't believe I've been here for 7 years! Time goes fast when talking Disney!:mickey:

disneymom15
03-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Nice comment, I couldn't agree more.

princessgirls
03-14-2012, 10:15 AM
I LOVE Intercot!!!

Good people on here!!!

Julie:mickey:

Ian
03-15-2012, 07:40 PM
I can tell you definitively that one of the top things that drew me to INTERCOT lo those many years ago was the clean, easy-to-use discussion boards.

I remember visiting other sites and there was just so much clutter and junk! People with these ghastly blinking ads in their signatures and crazy ten layer deep boards with click after click after click trying to get anywhere meaningful. BLECH! :ack:

I think I'm a rare exception, but to this day there is not a single other Disney forum I visit. I'm a one forum man!

Dopey's Girl
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
I think I'm a rare exception, but to this day there is not a single other Disney forum I visit. I'm a one forum man!

I'm right there with you. Haven't looked at another Disney related site (not even the 'real' one) in years. If it's not here on Intercot, I don't really need it!

Katzateer
03-15-2012, 09:20 PM
There are other Disney sites:eek:

wildernesslady
03-18-2012, 02:21 PM
This is the only site I use and recommend to others. Everyone here is the best.

Ed
03-18-2012, 09:43 PM

Okay, true confessions time. Other than Intercot, I do frequent a DCL cruise forum, but that's all. :blush:

This has been my "home away from home" since 1999 and I have no plans on moving any time soon. :nono:

{I'm still trying to figure out how Ian has been a member since 1969... I didn't think Al Gore had invented the internet that far back.}

Ian
03-18-2012, 09:50 PM
{I'm still trying to figure out how Ian has been a member since 1969... I didn't think Al Gore had invented the internet that far back.}That's to denote that I've been a true INTERCOTee since birth. ;)

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2012, 08:48 AM
I can tell you definitively that one of the top things that drew me to INTERCOT lo those many years ago was the clean, easy-to-use discussion boards.

I remember visiting other sites and there was just so much clutter and junk! People with these ghastly blinking ads in their signatures and crazy ten layer deep boards with click after click after click trying to get anywhere meaningful. BLECH! :ack:

AGREED!!! You literally posted exactly what I was going to post (almost) lol.

DBF and I may venture occassionally through using Google to find resatraunt Menus, updated prices, special event info, etc when we are researching something, but I will tell you what, those "other" boards always have me confused!! I'm like, where do I go, click, what is that?, click, Now where am I!?!?! click, GAHHHHH I JUST WANT THE MENU!!!! That's a typical conversation that I have outloud, sometimes throwing in an extra "word" here or there :blush::secret:

Intercot was the first and only board I regsitered to when DBF turned me into a fellow Disney nut.

emerzmom
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
There are other Disney sites:eek:

:mickey:

Dulcee
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I agree. I've floated around some other sites, especially with wedding planning right now, and its amazing how plain mean some people are on other boards!

We may disagree sometimes here, but we always manage to do so respectfully.

Lizzy
03-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I totally agree, and the people I have met from this site are some of the most fantastic people in the world.

I "moderate" a site for parenting, and let me tell you those women can have some crazy internet drama. I am constantly frusterated that the boards are nothing like this one. I have been here for so long. I may not post as much as I used to but I still lurk around. I love it here.

Hello all my old friends!