PDA

View Full Version : Which pools are heated?

Gator
03-13-2012, 04:57 PM
I always go in the winter to WDW. Last time, we went to Coronado. My kids are finally old enough to jump in the pools and I was pleasantly surprised that it was heated. I was wondering if all resort pools are heated, or just select pools.

DVC2004
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Not sure about the non Disney /Good neighbor resort pools over by downtown Disney, but yes all Disney resort pools are heated.

Gator
03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
That's good. My wife will be happy about this. Now we can choose from whatever has a discount.

JoDisney
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
I know CBR is definitely not heated. This has been noticed numerous times, especially quiet pools. I have asked and maintenance will say things like " it will heat up when the sun comes out." People are shivering away. Maintenance would not budge and put on the heat!

MNNHFLTX
03-14-2012, 12:14 AM
I know CBR is definitely not heated. This has been noticed numerous times, especially quiet pools. I have asked and maintenance will say things like " it will heat up when the sun comes out." People are shivering away. Maintenance would not budge and put on the heat!
I have no idea why maintenance would insinuate that the pools at Caribbean Beach are not heated. :0 The pools at all the Disney resorts are heated to 80-82 degrees, otherwise no one would be able to swim in them in the winter months. This is stated on the Disney World website. Granted, the sun will make them much warmer in the summer months. Personally, anything less than 85 degrees feels chilly to me, which is why I don't swim in the resort pools in winter.

MrPeetrie
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM

We were CBR in October and the pools were not heated. Maybe it was too early in the season to heat the pool. It was in the 60s most of the time during our trip and my daughter wanted to swim. Very little sun and no heated pool. We were freezing.

Truthfully, I did not know anything about heated pools so we just accepted the cold water.

LudwigVonDrake
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Every pool is supposed to be heated :mickey:

JoDisney
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
The CBR pools have been cold whenever we have stayed there. Family friends would not stay there because they considered the pools there to be cold, too. We went to Disney together and we immediately crossed CBR off the list of potential resorts to book because our friends did not like the cold pools. Honestly, I believe the pools could be heated if they would turn the heat on. The pool staff refused to do so.

SandmanGStefani24
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
a few trips back, we were staying at POP when a cold snap blew in and started our Epcot day in the mid 30s!

It was crazy to see steam rising off the pool in the 80s-90s area. Add that to the list of things I never thought I'd see...

epceddie
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I've noticed in the past that the quiet pool at Congress Park in SSR has been a lot warmer than the quiet pool at the Grandstand. That's for trips in January and February.