PDA

View Full Version : OKW - Housekeeping

NJdisney
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Hello - I am renting points for a 5 night stay at OKW Studio, and this is my first time in a DVC unit. I know we only get Trash and Towel service on the 4th day, but can you make requests from Housekeeping like you can at the Disney hotels? Specifically, can I call Housekeeping to ask for additional pillows, towels, shampoo and conditioner?

DVC2004
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Not 100% sure of this, maybe someone who's rented can confirm, but I believe if you are staying on points even if rented points it works just as if you were the owner. You could request extra pillows and blankets, no on the towels (you would have to purchase a towel package I think $25) and not sure on the shampoo and coniditioner/toiletries; my guess is they would not provide extras. You would get replenished on your cleaning day.

If you book the room on cash like a typical hotel room then these things don't apply, you would get daily cleaning, towels, toiletries etc.

VWL Mom
03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
DVC2004 is correct, any DVC stay be it owner, renter, or DVC cash is T&T service on day 4. The only way to get full housekeeping is to book as a resort res.

These are the current rates for extras (per delivery):
Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

You can get full housekeeping for $30 per day or you can additional T&T for $15 per visit. I believe these must be arranged before or during check-in.

NJdisney
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Thank you DVC2004 and VWL Mom, that info is very helpful. Don't we get some towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner to begin with, or do we have to purchase a "Toiletries Package" and a "Towel Package" to get these items in the first place? Or are these packages just for extras, should we decide we want them?

DVC2004
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes you do get towels in your room and the toiletries already upon check in. This is just if you want "extra" before housekeeping comes on your scheduled day and replenishes. There's no charge if you want a few extra pillows or blankets, just call.

We've never paid for the extras... Although I wish we got new towels daily, I won't pay extra for them. If we've used a 1 bedroom, I will usually just thow them in the washing machine. Obviously you can't do that in a studio. I bring our own shampoo and conditioner too.

NJdisney
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you DVC2004, that is such helpful information! Now I know exactly what to expect. Thanks again.