PDA

View Full Version : POP room locations

JoDisney
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
What are the rooms facing the lake considered? Are they standard or preferred? I know that POP has standard, standard pool view, preferred, and preferred pool view. Next they will have a category for bldg. floors! LOL

JoDisney
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Anyone know?

LandFan
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I think most of the rooms facing the lake are (or were) standard rooms. From what I know, most of the preferred rooms/bldgs at pop are the ones closest to Classic Hall which is opposite the lake...

Who knows though maybe they HAVE made a new "lakeside" category since they are working on The Art of Animation resort... :shrug:

Tink#64
03-16-2012, 12:14 AM
I've had a room facing the lake in bldg #4 of the 60's section & that was preferred. If you look at the property map & ask me about a particular section, I might be able to help. I know that the classification of the rooms has changed somewhat over the years, but I'll tell you what I know. I've stayed at Pop 6 times, and only had a room facing the lake in bldg #4 of the 60's section.

We're not in our room enough for our view to matter, over the years I've decided that I prefer to be closer to the bus stop! I guess that means I'm getting old!:funny: Even from bldg 10 of the 70's section, the lake is a 1 minute walk. The end of many of the building face the lake, but you can walk to the end of the walkway & see from there. Even those with a view, may have trees obscuring the view of the lake. Pop actually has alot of lush landscaping! The property is very tranquil & pretty despite the lively & fun theming & LARGE icons lit up ! :thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
like Tink, we had a room in that same area. To be honest I don't see what the big deal was. It was a little closer to the food and front desk areas but not much. Granted, the 80s and 90s rooms are much further away. I just like to leave it open and let POP decide where I stay. Besides, when I'm tired after being at the parks all day, I usually drive over to the front entrance parking and drive back to my room. Now THAT's lazy, but hey, I'm on vacation! :mickey:

chrim
03-19-2012, 03:50 AM
I think the preferred rooms are in the 60's section.

I have had non-preferred, "lake-view" rooms in the 50's section. I say "lake-view" since the view is obscured by the walkway and (if you aren't in the first floor) railing outside your window. Being a hotel with all exterior corridor rooms, I don't consider the view of much use unless it is something quiet vs. noisy or something near to where I want to walk. ;)