PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasyland Area Questions

Nini
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I haven't been paying close enough attention to this, and now since it's starting to come to life I want to know!

First off - with the two Dumbo rides...I understand there are going to be two tents. Are the rides going to just be covered, or completely enclosed?

Second - what exactly is Belle's Village going to include?

And third - the two new restaurants..."Be Our Guest", and "Gaston's Pub"...any info as to what kind of food they'll be serving, and if they will be sit down or counter service?

Thanks!
Denise:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I haven't been paying close enough attention to this, and now since it's starting to come to life I want to know!

First off - with the two Dumbo rides...I understand there are going to be two tents. Are the rides going to just be covered, or completely enclosed?

Second - what exactly is Belle's Village going to include?

And third - the two new restaurants..."Be Our Guest", and "Gaston's Pub"...any info as to what kind of food they'll be serving, and if they will be sit down or counter service?

Thanks!
Denise:mickey:

Dumbo is out in the open, not under tents... The queues will be under cover and I believe the tent is the interactive portion, people can play in there while waiting for their ride...

Belle's village is going to have a Belle meet and greet, which, I think, is supposed to be pretty elaborate, but I don't recall the exact plans...

Gaston will be counter... Be Our Guest will be counter for lunch and table service for dinner... No menus are out yet...

But if you want my guess:

Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Some grey stuff
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding "en flambe"

It will be a culinary cabaret!!!! (I kid of course, it is just too easy to use the lyrics of this song for the menu)...

disneymom15
03-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Some grey stuff
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle

It will be a culinary cabaret!!!! (I kid of course, it is just too easy to use the lyrics of this song for the menu)...

Love your reply:thumbsup:

zipadeedoodah
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Some grey stuff
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle

That was awesome.. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Love your reply:thumbsup:

That was awesome.. :mickey:

Disney only wants to make sure the company's impressed... So they have a lot to do... ;)

dizneydeb22
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Dumbo is out in the open, not under tents... The queues will be under cover and I believe the tent is the interactive portion, people can play in there while waiting for their ride...

Belle's village is going to have a Belle meet and greet, which, I think, is supposed to be pretty elaborate, but I don't recall the exact plans...

Gaston will be counter... Be Our Guest will be counter for lunch and table service for dinner... No menus are out yet...

Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Some grey stuff
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle

That was funny!

darthmacho
03-14-2012, 05:38 PM
I just watched several videos on Youtube of the new Storybook Circus area, both day and night, and they were awesome! I can't wait for the entire thing to be finished, but here's a couple of things I noticed while watching:

1. Dumbo looks wonderful, and whomever thought to add the fountain was a genius! (That is new, right?)
2. Dumbo looks awesome at night. I think it will become a new nighttime favorite.
3. The new area looked awesome, so despite losing the castle view, Dumbo is still vary charming.
4. The background music and water fountain seemed to drown out any other noise, so I don't think the proximity to Tomorrowland Speedway is an issue.
5. The Great Goofini looks like it is a nice fit to the theme, but it looks pretty much like the same ride.
6. The trains station looks great and they were smart to get that open asap.
7. Just watching the video made my heart swell. Can't wait to get there!

My question:

1. After seeing the sign for SBC, I was wondering...what are the "Humphrey" and "Casey Jr." attractions supposed to be?

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
I just watched several videos on Youtube of the new Storybook Circus area, both day and night, and they were awesome! I can't wait for the entire thing to be finished, but here's a couple of things I noticed while watching:

1. Dumbo looks wonderful, and whomever thought to add the fountain was a genius! (That is new, right?)
2. Dumbo looks awesome at night. I think it will become a new nighttime favorite.
3. The new area looked awesome, so despite losing the castle view, Dumbo is still vary charming.
4. The background music and water fountain seemed to drown out any other noise, so I don't think the proximity to Tomorrowland Speedway is an issue.
5. The Great Goofini looks like it is a nice fit to the theme, but it looks pretty much like the same ride.
6. The trains station looks great and they were smart to get that open asap.
7. Just watching the video made my heart swell. Can't wait to get there!

My question:

1. After seeing the sign for SBC, I was wondering...what are the "Humphrey" and "Casey Jr." attractions supposed to be?

Casey Jr is going to be the water play area in front of the train station... Not built yet... And I'm curious about Humphrey as well.. Maybe he'll be part of the meet and greets going into Pete's Silly Side Show... Unless he winds up being the "owner" of the merchandise store... Which brings me to this: Storybook Circus is the perfect opportunity to give Bongo the recognition he deserves... and he fits too, a circus performing bear from the movie Fun and Fancy Free...