PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get a specific area?

dulyjs
03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I'll be heading down to POR in late April and would prefer to stay in the Alligator Bayou section rather than the Magnolia Bend. Last time down we ended up in MB but I just prefer the other. When I made the res online I do not recall there being an option. Has anyone else tried to get one over the other other than asking when checking in and if so how?

Of course they will be referbs going on in AB during that time so there might not be too much choice in the matter.

faline
03-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I typically have my requests noted on my original reservation. You can call and have the request noted - there are, of course, no guarantees even when requests are made.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-12-2012, 03:20 PM
I agree with Faline, give them a call and have it noted on your reservation. Otherwise, just ask at check-in.

There might be a good chance of getting AB, I find that most people are asking for the Mansions, but I loved our stay in the bayou!

Ms. Mode
03-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I usually send a fax to the resort a week before check in; they have honored every request. About a week out is when they assign the rooms. Good luck! :mickey:

dulyjs
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Good to know. I guess I'll have to give them a call. I usually ask at check-in and have had luck until last trip. I was thinking with the new Royal Guest Rooms in the Magnolia section that people would be requesting those more than AB. But on the other hand they might try to keep the Bayou rooms available for larger groups who need the trundle.

I just like the Bayou section more because it reminds me of the rustic feel of Fort Wilderness where we used to stay on many previous trips. If not for my general dislike of tent camping and the price of the cabins, I'd be over there.

mom2morgan
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
You are correct that the AB section gives first priority to groups needing the trundle. My experience is that they always give me the opposite of what I ask for (literally) but I hope you have better luck!

buzznwoodysmom
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Your chances of a room in Alligator Bayou might increase now that some of the masion rooms have become "Royal Rooms". These rooms are a bookable catagory which I'm sure will be popular. That might put more people booking rooms in the mansions, freeing up some of the Bayou rooms. Good luck!

brownie
03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Have the request noted on your reservation and ask again at check-in. We've always had good luck with getting our requests granted. It does help to limit your requests and keep them more general.