PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace for dinner??

Briansmom
03-11-2012, 05:09 PM
So, here is our history....we've been to the Crystal Palace once several years ago for breakfast. We've never been there for any other meal nor have we ever been to 1900 Park Fare at all. The food is very important to DH (lol)...loves lots of it and is a real meat eater. DS13 loves characters so I'd like to know what other characters besides Cinderella are at 1900 Park Fare.

I'm thinking of perhaps doing this meal before MNSSHP. Which one of these restaurants would you recommend and why?

Also would you choose either of these over Rain Forest Cafe or T-Rex? We've never been to either of those either.

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

Zippy 1
03-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I have been to Crystal Palace for dinner but not 1900 Park Fare. We did however go to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast in February. We loved the atmosphere and character interaction. Some places the characters did not spend much time with my DD who is 18 but gets just as excited as a little kid. Here all the characters spent time goofing around with us! I know dinner has different characters not sure who. We loved the food at breakfast. Had a few things we had not seen on the breakfast buffets elsewhere. Food was fresh and hot. We will definately go back! Don't know if this helps for dinner - we just really enjoyed our experience there.

mom2morgan
03-11-2012, 07:14 PM
With 13 year old I'd do Park Fare. The stepmother and stepsisters are there and I've heard they are quite funny (they USED to do a full on villains meal - I wish they still did! My DD 14 would LOVE it). I also think the food is better, and it might be nice to get OUT ofthe park a bit before retunring for the party.

CuteAsMinnie
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
I can not speak about 1900 Park Fare but we've been to Crystal Palace for breakfast and a late lunch. Both times the food was excellent, certainly ample enough for DH, and it is such a pretty place. I would certainly choose with of these establishments over the other two you mentioned!

Enjoy!

:mickey:

amorillo
03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I have no complaints about the food in either restaurant... we've done both within the last three years. But I'd say your daughter would probably enjoy 1900 Park Fare more, as far as the characters are considered. It's Cinderella, Prince Charming, The Stepmother, both Stepsisters, and the Fairy God Mother is outside of the restaurant for pics before you are seated. My daughter was asked to dance with Prince Charming last year.... :cloud9: she was in heaven! lol

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I would do 1900 Park Fare. The Stepmother and Stepsisters are just so fun.

One trip, Lady Tremaine actually sat down at the table and had quite the conversation with DD about the trouble she was having trying to marry off her daughters ... it was a HOOT!

The food is good, and the character interaction just amazing.

wickedgin
03-11-2012, 10:15 PM
My sons loved 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters are hilarious. I was able to get strawberry soup, so I was happy, but I did think they were a little stingy at the carving station--the server wasn't paying attention and only offered us very small (IMO) servings. (Of course, you can always ask for more, but I feel awkward about it.) Overall, though, we had a great time.

whitney37354
03-13-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd go with 1900 PF. Both CP & 1900 had standard buffet fare, IMO. Character interaction was great at 1900 PF. DD danced with both Cinderella & Prince Charming.

renecat
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Another vote for Park Fare. We were there in Nov. for dinner. It was very good. We had Cindy, Prince Charming, Step mother and sisters. They all where very entertaining.

Gator
03-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Crystal Palace has good food, and the 100 acre gang are decent.

BUT, 1900 Park Faire has better food, and the character interaction is waaaayyyy better. And that's for breakfast or dinner. Go to the GF - you'll love it.

Dopey's Girl
03-13-2012, 10:51 PM
1900 Park Fare. Can't beat the strawberry soup with Lady Tremaine and those "beautiful" step sisters. They made the meal for us!

mydisneygirls
03-13-2012, 10:55 PM
We've been to both for dinner and loved them. But I would say if you haven't been to 1900 Park Fare, you should go there. The stepmother and the stepsisters are a hoot and I think you and your DS will really enjoy it. Hint...if you DS isn't shy, have him "propose" to one of the stepsisters. I've seen this and it's a riot how they react!!!!

javamama
03-14-2012, 12:31 AM
1900 PF is great, service, and characters are great hands down. Food is good, we go every year. Our only character dinner we ever do, we usually will do a breakfast also. Go for it, I have great videos and pics some good memories.