PDA

View Full Version : "Hidden Minnie" in queue at Great Movie Ride.

Alpha Jeanie
03-11-2012, 01:30 PM
I read that there is a rare "Hidden Minnie" in the queue at the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios. I have never noticed it before. Has anyone ever seen it?

:minnie2:

Main Street Jim
03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Well, it's not in the queue; it's in the loading area where you get on the ride vehicle, although you may not be able to spot it until after you're loaded and the ride vehicle is moving under the marquee (into the Buzby Berkley "Footlight Parade" scene).

It's a silhouette of Minnie in one of the windows of the "homes" on the "back wall", which would be on your left as the vehicle is moving forward.

Maleficent's Dad
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
If you wait until the ride is over, ask one of the CM's to point it out. Usually they're pretty good about it. And from what I recall, they carry flashlights which make it even easier for you to spot.

Jared
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
It's hilarious that a thread about this popped up today! I had never heard of this Hidden Minnie until last week, when I rode The Great Movie Ride with our good friend SpecJoeMagic, a fellow user on this board. He mentioned that there is a Hidden Minnie in that mural in the loading area, but he had never been able to find it. Neither of us thought to ask a Cast Member -- that would have been a good idea.

Joe also pointed out to me the Mickey and Goofy hieroglyphics in the Indiana Jones scene. I need a lesson.

Fangorn
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
There's an R2-D2 hieroglyphic in the Indiana Jones scene too.

:mickey:

Steve

joanna71985
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Besides the Hidden Minnie, there's also a REALLY tiny Hidden Mickey on the loading dock.

Also, besides the Mickey/Donald and R2-D2/C-3P0, there are 2 other Hidden Mickeys in Raiders

Iluvtink
03-13-2012, 12:43 PM
So cool. I will definitely be looking for the Hidden Minnie as well as the hieroglyphics in Raiders when I go to WDW next month. :mickey:

emerzmom
03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
There is also a Mickey in the top floor window of one of the buildings in the western scene area on the Great Movie Ride. It is on the left. My DD pointed it out to me when we were riding it just a few days ago. Is that a "Hidden Mickey" or just a Mickey? Not sure about the difference but you had to really look for it to see it. I call that a "Hidden Mickey".
Julie

joanna71985
03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
There is also a Mickey in the top floor window of one of the buildings in the western scene area on the Great Movie Ride. It is on the left. My DD pointed it out to me when we were riding it just a few days ago. Is that a "Hidden Mickey" or just a Mickey? Not sure about the difference but you had to really look for it to see it. I call that a "Hidden Mickey".
Julie

It's a real Hidden Mickey

Maleficent's Dad
03-16-2012, 06:36 AM
I read that there is a rare "Hidden Minnie" in the queue at the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios. I have never noticed it before. Has anyone ever seen it?

:minnie2:

Just PM'ed you a link with a pic of the Hidden Minnie.

Aurora
03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Joe also pointed out to me the Mickey and Goofy hieroglyphics in the Indiana Jones scene. I need a lesson.

I've looked for those hieroglyphics for years and can never spot them. :(

fernsmommy
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
The last time we were there in May 2010 the CM on our ride pointed it out to us. I got a picture of it too.But I can't seem to find it on my computer so I can't post it.

cfoshe
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I've looked for those hieroglyphics for years and can never spot them. :(

If I remember right, its in the room before you stop and the bad guy goes to steal the gem. The part you have to know it's on the left hand side, second block down from the top, and I then the second block from the left side where it starts. It is a very cool hidden mickey. I will see it in 77 days to comfirm.

Maleficent's Dad
03-16-2012, 07:25 PM
It's actually a hidden MIckey and Donald. If there's one with Mickey & Goofy in the hieroglyphics, that's a new one (at least to me!).

joanna71985
03-17-2012, 08:19 PM
It's actually a hidden MIckey and Donald. If there's one with Mickey & Goofy in the hieroglyphics, that's a new one (at least to me!).

Nope, you're right (it is a Hidden Mickey/Donald- Donald is serving cheese to Mickey on a platter).

HackLaSalle
03-17-2012, 09:45 PM
After reading this thread I ran over to another website and checked out all the crazy hidden Mickey esque stuff in The Great Movie Ride and it's insane. It's like a hidden Mickey gold mine!

TinkerbellFan16
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
It is a silhouette of her. I was recently there with a few friends, and one of them asked a CM to point out the hidden minnie. They have a flashlight at the loading area and they will shine a line on it so you can see it. It looks like a shadow hidden among the trees, but you will notice the 3 ears like the hidden mickeys, but there is also a bow on the head, which makes it minnie. There is also a Mickey hidden in the window of one of the houses in the mural.
I have heard it is the only hidden Minnie at any of the WDW parks, but I am not 100% sure of the accuracy of this.

TinkerbellFan16
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM
OH! And also on the Public Enemy poster in the "Ghetto" scene where you first meet the robber, on the left hand side of the car, there is part of mickey's shoe. It looks like someone covered a Mickey Mouse poster with the Public Enemy poster

joanna71985
03-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Correct. GMR's Hidden Minnie is the only one on property