PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations?

FiggyFan
03-11-2012, 08:30 AM
We are planning a trip for late November (after Thanksgiving) into early December. When do the Christmas decoration come out? How much can we expect to see?

Thanks in advance!

BrerGnat
03-11-2012, 09:45 AM
By that time, the decorations will be out in full force.

They usually "debut" around Veteran's day, give or take a few days.

Disney Doll
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Yep, everything should be up by then. Last year I was there Nov 8-11 and they were in the process of getting Christmas decor up. We called to ask this year because we were debating November/ December dates. The CM we spoke to said everything is up by Thanksgiving.

buzznwoodysmom
03-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Everything should be up by the time of your trip, with the exception of the tree at MK. The MK Christmas tree goes up after the filming of the Christmas parade. I believe filming takes place in early December.

We've been twice for Thanksgiving week. At the beginning of our trip some of the resorts weren't yet decorated, but the parks, for the most part, were completely done. By the time we left to go home, pretty much everything was done, with a few of the resorts just finishing up.

tinka
03-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know when the "expected" date for the taping of the Parade is this year? We are looking at 12/3-12/8 and would love to see the tree at MK, but someone said earlier that it doesn't go up until after the taping?

Joannelet
03-11-2012, 01:21 PM
It is usually at the end of the first week. That Friday, sat, sun.

AllDisney
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM
The taping will probably be Dec 1 & 2.

All the decorations are up by the time you will be going. We tend to stay away from MK during taping. We hit the other parks on those days and haven't run into huge crowds trying to avoid MK like us:thumbsup:

FiggyFan
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone! It sounds like we will get the full Christmas experience, or very close to it!

GusNJacque
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Denise--I can't believe that I never noticed that the tree wasn't up till after the parade taping. Too busying looking at everything I guess. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Denise--I can't believe that I never noticed that the tree wasn't up till after the parade taping. Too busying looking at everything I guess. :mickey:

It is my understanding that they used to put it up in time for the first MVMCP, then take it down for the parade taping, then back up again. One year we were there for Thanksgiving, I believe it was 2007, and the tree was over by the castle, and then moved to its spot at the entrance of Main Street USA after the parade was taped. I think sometime after 2007, possibly the very next year, they decided to just hold off on putting the tree up until after the filming of the parade. I may be wrong on some counts, but I think that's pretty much how it went.

I personally loved when the tree was over by the castle. I have some very lovely pictures from that trip!