PDA

View Full Version : Would you do rainforest cafe and trex in the same trip?

disneymomma2010
03-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Would you do both of these on the same trip or are they too much alike? I definatly want to eat at rainforest. I was thinking my boys would like t rex. Also, is t rex on the regular dining plan now like rainforest?

buzznwoodysmom
03-10-2012, 10:38 PM
For my family doing both on one trip would be too much. We find their menus are very similar, as is the experience. We like Rainforest Cafe a lot more than T-Rex. T-Rex is just too loud for our likes, but definitely something to try at least once if you have kids who enjoy that kind of restaurant.

Itchy
03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't know if I would do both, but I would talk with you kids and see which they would prefer.

I have eaten at Rain forest quite a few time and enjoy the food for what it is and the atmosphere. You may want to try Planet Hollywood. The food is OK, but it is really noisy especially in the evening. ( I won't do that again ).

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Dyanna
03-11-2012, 09:21 AM
We prefer the experience at T-Rex better than that of RC. We liked the food better & my DD (5) enjoyed the dinos as you can see fish & birds anywhere.

goofygirl67
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I go alone to WDW and I do both each trip. While they are similar I have different favorites at both. As for planet hollywood I go in the afternoon when it's quieter, it's the only place on property I can get potato skins.

ThanxForNoticin
03-11-2012, 11:06 AM
We enjoy RC and TRex a lot, but would probably avoid doing both in the same trip. There are so many great places to eat around Disney, and these 2 are pretty similar - in our opinion.

GAN
03-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Just because of the average food quality I would only do one or the other -not both.

Jeff
03-11-2012, 12:50 PM
If your kids would like them then why not do both. That's what it's about. The food, I think, is good and the atmosphere is fun!

disneymomma2010
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't know if I would do both, but I would talk with you kids and see which they would prefer.

I have eaten at Rain forest quite a few time and enjoy the food for what it is and the atmosphere. You may want to try Planet Hollywood. The food is OK, but it is really noisy especially in the evening. ( I won't do that again ).

Hope this helps...:mickey:

We don't want to do Planet Hollywood. We have done it before and want a new experience.

brownie
03-11-2012, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't do both. The food is pretty much the same, just different names. If you're going for the theming of the place, then it probably won't be an issue for you. We have a Rainforest Cafe close to us at home, so it's not something we do at Disney World. T-Rex was cool, but I don't know that I'd eat there regularly.

grumpydude
03-11-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't know whether it is on the dining plan, but I like T-rex better.

Guinevere
03-12-2012, 11:57 AM
We are planning to do both on our upcoming trip in May. We will have a 2, 3 and two 5 yo in our group of eight. My two absolutely love Dinosaurs so it was a no brainer to go to T-Rex (which will be on my son's 3rd bday :party: ) and the other two have been to Rain Forest last spring and that was their favorite. I figure the food will be similar, but we are going more for the experience of the places. We are trying to spread it out, one at the beginning of the trip and one at the end. But I think if your family will enjoy it then it is fine to do.:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
03-12-2012, 11:59 AM
No way .... the food is virtually the same, I'd rather eat something different each night /day.....IMHO:cool:

LudwigVonDrake
03-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I would just do T-Rex and not both.

Dopey's Girl
03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't choose to do both. The food is pretty much the same, so is the atmosphere, you just sub in very loud dinosaurs for very loud animals. We tried T-Rex with a 5 year old Dino lover a few years back and while he liked it, he doesn't ask to go back because of how loud he remembers it being.

I would say pick one that you have to try and save the other for the next trip.

dizneydeb22
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Both have similar food, but not exactly the same. We have done both in one trip and loved the atmosphere in both. We have a jungle animal fan and a dinosaur fan in our group, so it made sense and there were no complaints. Although you can do the build a dino with out eating, it was great to have lunch and then go build our favorite dinosaur. Whichever restaurant you chose, don't forget to walk around a view all the areas. In the T-Rex, I think its called the Ice room, it is amazing!

Have a great time!

sonamae80
03-13-2012, 12:20 PM
We are doing both on our upcoming WDW trip in June. DD's birthday dinner will be at RFC, her choice. And then my nephew got to pick somewhere and he wanted to try the "dinosaur" place! Will we eat at both on our next trip? Probably not! But, we figured we'd make the exception this one time! ;)

tinkerbell615
03-31-2012, 09:03 PM
We also have both scheduled for our upcoming June trip. Our DGS will turn five while there. We have never been to T-Rex, but think he will really enjoy it. We also think he will like RC, so we are going to do both.

I have read about the build-a-dino, but don't know much about it. It sounds like something that we might need to let our DGS do while there.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Both are owned by Landry - so the food is practically identical. I personally wouldn't do both in the same trip, but I would also personally avoid them except when my children were much younger as I can experience either in other cities - they are not unique to Disney.