PDA

View Full Version : It's Been 11 Years!

DadofTwins
03-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Hard to believe that its been almost 11 years since we were last in Disney. The last time we were at WDW, our twins (boy and girl) turned 7 and it was a phenomenal week. Now we are planning on going back this summer FOR THEIR 18TH BIRTHDAY!! The weird part is that my Intercot signin and password still worked!

Anyway, just curious if anyone has ever taken several older teenagers. We are thinking about letting them both take a friend and maybe renting a larger house / condo close to WDW.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

garymacd
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Welcome back to Intercot and to WDW!

The most we ever took was four young people. They were all beyond teens and included our two daughters, our niece and our oldest daughter's boyfriend. We all shared a two-bedroom condo at Old Key West.

Everything worked out well and we all had a great time.

No real advice, except prepare to have fun.

brownie
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Check All Star Vacation Homes, an INTERCOT sponsor: http://intercot.com/resorts/nearby/allstar/default.asp.

vicster
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Hard to believe that its been almost 11 years since we were last in Disney.

OMG - I would have serious withdrawal! Have a great trip!

Gregandmel
03-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Enjoy your trip! We took our older son when he was 17, then again when he was 19 and he loved it. No matter what their age.....they will have a blast! Some things may have changed since your last visit, so you might want to refamiliarize yourself with how things run right now. Our first trip was in 1997 (15 years ago) and they didnt' have fast pass. What a treat when we went back in 2008 to have this service!! Enjoy your time - not sure how you stayed away for 11 years. I can't go 11 HOURS without thinking about trying to get back! LOL

Disney-4-Me
03-11-2012, 06:56 PM
My boys are in their early 20s now and we've taken them since they were little and all through their teenage years. They love Disney and still have a great time.

I personally like the family experience and love to do most things together. My personal preference would be to just take my sons without extra friends, but that's just me...;)

You are guaranteed to have a great time either way!:mickey:

AmandaChan
03-12-2012, 07:34 PM
My boys are in their early 20s now and we've taken them since they were little and all through their teenage years. They love Disney and still have a great time.

I personally like the family experience and love to do most things together. My personal preference would be to just take my sons without extra friends, but that's just me...;)

You are guaranteed to have a great time either way!:mickey:

yeah, how many more opportunities are you going to have to take just your children on a special vacation where you can focus and spend time with one another! that would be just me, as well ;)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
11 yrs - it will be over 7 since my daughter last went, she was 9. We are going in 90 days :party2: She is 17 and we are celebrating her graduating from HS a year early. She basically skipped her Junior year. She asked that it just be the 2 of us and that we stay at POFQ.

I'd ask your twins (my frat. boys are over 22 yrs now) if they want to take someone OR if they want to spend time together in the parks....together as twins and together with you the parents.

Either way - it will be a blast.

BhamWriter
03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
One of the advantages of staying on property is that you will have more flexible transportation options for a large group. That is, the teens can go off on their own using the bus, monorail, or boat system, and the adults can do their own thing when they want to as well. If you stay off-site in a condo, you will have to have an SUV or van, most likely, and even then, it can only be one place at a time.

You may want to consider an on-site suite or even two on-site regular rooms.

My sons grew up going to WDW. When my oldest went to college, he thought he had out-grown Disney. When he asked friends at college where they wanted to go for spring break, they said, Walt Disney World! He was surprised and, since then, has learned to appreciate WDW even more. He now loves it again.