PDA

View Full Version : when time for ADR at Cali Grill?

amorillo
03-10-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm just curious... if we hoped to have seating during wishes... what time should we make our ADR?

Pirate Granny
03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Hard to say...we've been lucky enough to book one hour before the fireworks and be seated right at a prime window, we've also not been seated, and waited over an hour, and watched from the outside balcony...one time we waited 90 minutes for our table (ADR for 8:45), and were rewarded with food poisoning as a souviner of the night both of us were up two hours after the meal for ten hours straight. UGH

I find the service and food, hit or miss, but the view is worth it...not the food poisoning though...

BelleBeauty
03-18-2012, 09:38 AM
We made an ADR for 9:10pm during our trip in November (just DH and I). We were running ahead of schedule, so actually just showed up almost an hour early. We checked in and told them we would like a table by the window (we had listed it was our anniversary on the reservation). We were headed up in the elevator to just grab a drink at the bar and wait and our buzzer went off. Prime window seat, the last table before the bar seating area started. Perfect timing of Wishes just after we got dessert. It was wonderful!

RBrooksC
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Last year we had a reservation around 7 PM or so, if I remember correctly. It may have been 6:30. However, dinner there, as in most high end dining rooms usually is a prolonged and enjoyable affair. We ended up watching Wishes with our friends just because dinner lingered over two hours. I think we ended up getting done dinner after Wishes completed.

To be honest, we didn't think we would be there for the fireworks but we all were glad we were. And there is something about a prolonged elegant dinner with friends that really helps make a vacation.