PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite thing to eat at Rose & Crown?

Alpha Jeanie
03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
We have ADR's at Rose & Crown the first week of June. We have never eaten there and would like to hear what your favorite thing to eat there is.
We have eaten at the Yorkshire fish shop and had the fish & chips and loved them. I remember that we also loved the short bread cookies that they gave us for dessert.

Thank you for any info.
:mickey:

IloveJack
03-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I really like the bangers and mash (sausages over mashed potatoes in an onion soup-type sauce). My hubby likes both their fish 'n chips and their "surf and turf." However, if you're going for fish and chips, skip the reservation and eat at Yorkshire for cheaper. Oh, and the apple cobbler/crumble/something like that, is amazing!

joonyer
03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Bangers! Yum!

R&C used to have a fabulous Mushrooms in cream appetizer, but I think it's been replaced on the menu.

BugeyedMuggy
03-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Bubble and squeak. It's mashed potatoes with cabbage. It's a side dish but big enough to share.

Quadstriker
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Black and Tan

:thumbsup:

faline
03-10-2012, 04:11 PM
They have (or at least had) a very nice appetizer cheese platter than I've had a couple of times. I also enjoy their fish and chips and usually order that.

LVT
03-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Shepard's Pie

DVC2004
03-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Love love love the potato leek soup. And I'm not a fan of soup. It's really good.

They've changed the menu but last time I visited there was a Sunday Roast which had Yorkshire pudding. That was good. In the past they had a wonderfully prepared chicken breast but I haven't seen that offered. We really enjoy this place.

DizneyRox
03-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Guinness is a meal in many parts of the world...

A Big Kid
03-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Scotch egg.

KatrinaJ91
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I really like the bangers and mash (sausages over mashed potatoes in an onion soup-type sauce)

Bubble and squeak. It's mashed potatoes with cabbage. It's a side dish but big enough to share.

Black and Tan

:thumbsup:

Get all of it....so delicious! (a little Beano wouldn't hurt either! lol)

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Scotch Egg and a Strongbow. :thumbsup:

Tygger7
03-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Scotch Egg & Sticky Toffee Pudding...mmmm...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

dizneydeb22
03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Ok...have to ask....what is a Scotch Egg?

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Ok...have to ask....what is a Scotch Egg?
It's a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, then it's breaded and fried. Fabulous "hand" food and can be eaten hot or cold (I like them cold).

mc mouse
03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
I've been to DW annually over the last 17 years and have always made it a point to have dinner at R&C. Back in 1994 they had a fantastic menu, my favorite being prime rib with Yorkshire pudding and as an appetizor mushrooms w/cream sauce. IMO, I have seen the menu offerings deteriorate over the last 6 or 7 years (I suspect due to DP). The cheese appetizor tray used to be delicious (great cheese, crackers, grapes, and sausage). When I ordered the tray two years back, it was horrible....unless you like blood sausage and half rotten grapes. I still have dinner there, but now stick to the fish and chips and the beer sampler.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Do they still serve the Sticky Toffee Pudding? At both lunch or dinner seatings?

Looooove that stuff and hard to find good ones. :cloud9:

Cinderelley
03-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Potato Leek Soup

brownie
03-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Cottage pie! It was the first thing I ever ate at Disney World and I liked it so much we bought the cookbook on our trip so we could make it at home.

I'm going to try an English Bulldog from the Pub on my upcoming trip.

ElenitaB
03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
R&C used to have a fabulous Mushrooms in cream appetizer, but I think it's been replaced on the menu.
That appy was the best! :eat: They also used to have a really good barley soup which has also gone by the wayside. Won't stop us from going there though.

Fastpasssteve
03-19-2012, 02:38 AM
I do love the Bangers and Mash.

But whatever you do...don't skip the Sticky Toffee Pudding. That would be a tragedy.

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2012, 08:26 AM
We typically eat at the CS outside of Rose and Crown. We have however eaten dinner twice inside the Rose & Crown. One time I stuck with old faithful and got the Fish and Chips. The second I got adventurous and I want to say I got a pot pie of some sort. I really hope I'm not confusing it with somewhere else but I am almost certain I got either a chicken pot pie? Or something of the like. Obviously it wasn't anything special or else I would surely remember the details. So if I were to eat there again I would get the delicious Fish and Chips and a Harp. :thumbsup:

RBrooksC
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I really love Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding. Couple that with a Yard of Ale.

MNNHFLTX
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
FYI--I just heard that the lunch and dinner menus have changed. They are no longer offering the Potato Leek Soup and Shepherd's Pie on either menu, and the Bangers and Mash is only served for lunch. Also no more Sunday Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding at either meal. The Sticky Toffee Pudding is still there though.

Aside from Fish and Chips, the Shepherd's Pie was my favorite. :(

Hopefully they still serve Snakebites (half lager, half cider), also a favorite. :tasty:

SBETigg
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Beth, they changed the Shepherd's Pie to Cottage Pie, so it's beef instead of lamb, but still on the menu and the same except for the meat change. But yes, the potato and leek soup is gone, which is sad because that was a favorite of my daughter.

MNNHFLTX
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Beth, they changed the Shepherd's Pie to Cottage Pie, so it's beef instead of lamb, but still on the menu and the same except for the meat change. But yes, the potato and leek soup is gone, which is sad because that was a favorite of my daughter.
It was the Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie that I had last time and it was so good (and now gone!) I actually never had the Potato Leek Soup, but heard it was a customer favorite. Wonder why they changed it?

Sylvia
03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Fish and Chips is our favorite.

ElenitaB
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Beth, have no fear. Your Snake Bite is still on the menu! :thumbsup: