PDA

View Full Version : What to do with cell phones on water rides??

IamBelle
03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I was just wondering what everyone does to keep their cell phones dry on rides like Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids? One of my friends tried putting her phone in a zipper bag, but water still went through it...I also saw "raincoats" for your phone but I don't want to buy them unless they work...any ideas??

Joannelet
03-09-2012, 04:54 PM
If you can put it in a ziplock bag..not sure if that's what you meant by zipper bag but it does work as long as it is completley closed.

DizneyRox
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
A ziplock has always worked for me. I wouldn't trust generics, ZipLock brand or nothing.

The only ride that I think it's really necessary at Disney anyway is Kali, and even then, there's one or two seats that you need to worry about. The covered storage in the middle still gets a ton of water in it. Inside a ZipLock bad though, you'll be fine.

Auntie B
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Ziplock bags are the way to go!

CuteAsMinnie
03-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Doubled up ziploc bags and then in a backpack (or zipped purse or whatever it is your're carrying).

:mickey:

badkitty
03-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Another vote for the Ziploc and as DisneyRox said, avoid the knock-offs. I also wrap my purse/backpack/tote-of-the-day in a plastic Disney shopping bag (checked for holes) before getting in the log on Splash or using the center center storage on Kali.

brownie
03-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Double bag it in a Ziploc and you should be fine.

BrerGnat
03-10-2012, 02:14 PM
I've always just kept my phone in my pocket.

Even when I took a huge wave of water into the water sprite boat I was piloting, and I was LITERALLY sitting in water from my waist down, my phone inside my pants pocket stayed dry. :thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
03-10-2012, 02:17 PM
If you have an iPhone; I highly recommend the Lifeproof case. It is waterproof. I used a waterproof lanyard case for my Android and Blackberry phones before the iPhone and they worked very well.

Itchy
03-11-2012, 12:46 AM
A baggie or zip lock bag works fine. I have also placed it very close to my body after placing it in a baggie you protect if from less water.

I have used this for my 35mm camera and digital camera with no problems.

If you have ever gotten caught in a lovely Florida rain while in the parks an try protect you camera or other electronic device just do the same thing...

I haven't lost one yet to Florida rain.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

cuteduck223
03-12-2012, 12:52 PM
well...ziploc bags are a good idea. Last trip, we made our own purses super easy with staples, duck tape, and fabric. Made the bags waterproof and turned out super cute. :)

Urbss
03-12-2012, 04:02 PM
If you jump on [removed per TOS] today only (3-12-12), there is a very cool waterproof thing for cell phones. I ordered one for me and my DW today just for use at the parks and at the beach.

Disney-4-Me
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I even use a Ziploc bag for my video camera. They've never failed.

drhama
03-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Zip locks have always worked fine for me. I even went swimming in the Mediteranian with my cell double bagged inside a nylon fanny pack.
If you would feel more comfortable with something a bit more substantial, there are several relatively inexpensive options available in the camping section of your local sportings good store.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Always just used Ziplock bags. Now, we've not ridden water rides while at Disney - they are usually down for routine maintenance. BUT I've done Busch Gardens Williamsburg many, many times (6 band trips, and a couple of family trips) and have never had a wet cell phone or camera with the ziplock bag, I used the brand name AND it has to be the pinch lock, not the slider.

diz_girl
03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Ditto on the ziploc - but test it first to see if it is air tight.

SuzieBell
03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Another vote for the Ziploc and as DisneyRox said, avoid the knock-offs. I also wrap my purse/backpack/tote-of-the-day in a plastic Disney shopping bag (checked for holes) before getting in the log on Splash or using the center center storage on Kali.

ZIplock! :number1: I do this too, plus I have a dry wash cloth I wrap my phone in and place it in a ziplock bag, then inside my backpack, then inside a shopping bag! But be careful, sometimes that center storage gets soaked! make sure it's sealed!!

Quadstriker
03-13-2012, 02:04 PM
ziploc.

Don't go cheap on it.

sixshot19
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Call me old fashioned, leave it in the car or hotel and enjoy the park.