PDA

View Full Version : Poly - Just Got Back! - final day

DisneyBarb
03-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Dates March 2nd - 6th
Where - Poly
Who - me , DH, DD (16), DS (13)

Last day :( Raise your hand if you hate this day!

In previous years we have gone for a longer period of time so generally have taken a morning flight out. Since it was a quick trip, I wanted to take advantage of the kids not having school (due to Super Tuesday) and come back on Tuesday night.

We head over for our 7:30 Chef Mickeys breakfast. We paid this out of pocket and boy it was expensive! I do think the food was better then previous visits, seem to have more variety. The kids freaked out a little with birds flying around but a very nice time. We head over to the store to get another Disney carry on bag. My daughter (I shamefully admit) and I are fans of the show Dance Moms and knew that one of the dancers was there with her family. We were in the store when we notice them walking by. Now this is hard decision to approach them or not. However, we knew because of twitter they were in Disney and by the time we left the store they were sitting in chairs and weren't eating or anything. We went over and they could not have been nicer, got a picture (made my daughters day) and actually had a nice 5 minute chat.

We went back to the room and packed everything up. Off to check in with the airline and leave our carry ons with Bell Services.

We didn't want to go too far so decided that DS needed her ride on Test Track. Again on the monorail I saw that the ride was 70 mins and Finding Nemo line was wrapped around the front barrier! We decide to get F.P. for Test track (it was about 11 a.m.) but when we got there they gone for the day..:( with a 70 minute wait. Soarin was the same. We did the Imagination ride and saw Captian E.O. which we do not need to do again. Spaceship Earth was a long line so DS and I decided to head back and just get some sun (well it was more clouds and wind but it was relaxing). The boys remained at Epcot to eat our last counter service and go on the Land.

I told them to be back by 3:30 for our 4:15 M.E. pick up and they were back by 2:30. They said that all the counter services had huge lines and they got on the Land after 25 minute wait. Soarin at that point was up to 100 minutes!

They got another counter service at Capt Cooks and our 3 snack credits for the plane ride.

The M.E. was on time and we had an uneventful flight home.

Overall Impressions

Epcot had EMH in the a.m. and this was part of the reason the passes were gone (I did not share this with the family!)

Magical Express - Love this benefit, although it gets you to the airport early, security was a bit long and its not a bad airport to wait in! The driver was a bit rough, at one point he said on the speaker "does the old woman travelling need a wheelchair at the airport" not a lot of class but didn't seem to bother the "old women".

Next - final thoughts!

faline
03-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes, that last Disney day is always a dreaded one since everyone knows you have to go home again!

Thanks for bringing us along on your trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a nice trip:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
:sadwave: Here is my sad face, hand raised smilie, because I too hate last days!

SBETigg
03-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Last days, so sad! But it sounds like you had a really great time.

DisneyorBust
03-11-2012, 09:59 AM
That last day is so bitterweseet, in the end it's always great to go to WDW and make more family memories.
Thanks for taking us along!

Pocahontas
03-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Thank's for your reports, I've enjoyed reading them.

Just wondering - I also watch Dance Mom's and was curious witch one you saw?

Pocahontas
03-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Didn't spell check on prior post. Which not witch!:blush:

vizsla
03-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
03-15-2012, 08:51 AM
I love chef mickeys! Sounds like a nice last day! :mickey:

DisneyBarb
04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Thank's for your reports, I've enjoyed reading them.

Just wondering - I also watch Dance Mom's and was curious witch one you saw?

Sorry for the delay in answering this! We met Christi and Chloe, I think we could have chatted with them all day! (Christi was very nice and chatty).

January-2007
05-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for reporting.