PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with planning dinners

natstroop
03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Last time we went to the world, we ate at restaurants in the parks that we were in for the day. This time around, I'd like to try out other restaurants. The ones I have in mind so far are Ohanas, Boma, Cali Grill, and Captain's Grille (all for dinner.) These might change several times between now and December, but I'd just like to get an idea ahead of time. We'll be going a day to each of MK, AK, HS, and EP. Which restaurants from the above listed would you recommend I do when we're at each of the parks? Is one better than the other according to proximity, ease of travel, viewing of fireworks, etc? Also, what would be the best way to travel to them from each park? Thanks so much!!!

mom2morgan
03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Cali Grill is a wonderful viewing location for "wishes" - even if you aren't seated near a window you can go out on the viewing terrace. Boma would be great to pair with AK , since they are obviously close (and touring AKL kind of continues the theme you'll have started earlier in the day). Cali and 'ohana are both on the monorail for MK, so pick one for your MK day. Off hand I can;t think where Captain;s Grill is, but I love your other three choices.

sassafras
03-08-2012, 10:48 PM
The Captain's Grille is at the Yacht Club, so it is fairly close to the International Gateway at Epcot. It takes about 10 minutes to walk there. It is one of favorite places to eat at DW.

linedropper
03-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Some of our favorites over our 5 trips. Chef Mickey, Hoop Dee Doo, Sci Fi Theater, Hollywood and vine, Coral Reef, and of course Le Celleir

faline
03-09-2012, 09:23 AM
This time around, I'd like to try out other restaurants. The ones I have in mind so far are Ohanas, Boma, Cali Grill, and Captain's Grille (all for dinner.) ... We'll be going a day to each of MK, AK, HS, and EP. Which restaurants from the above listed would you recommend I do when we're at each of the parks? Is one better than the other according to proximity, ease of travel, viewing of fireworks, etc? Also, what would be the best way to travel to them from each park? Thanks so much!!!

O'Hana's is located in the Polynesian and is easily accessible by boat or monorail from the Magic Kingdom. If you plan your dinner time right, you can eat there then head down to the beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach.

Boma is located in Animal Kingdom Lodge. This might be a nice choice for the day you spend at Animal Kingdom. Take a bus from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge. In addition to dining there, you can walk out back of the resort to see the animals that are on view there. There is a fire pit and story telling out back and, after dark, there are night vision googles available for animal viewing.

California Grill is located at the Contemporary. You might do this dinner on the day you have planned for Epcot. It would be easy to take the monorail from Epcot to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then swith to the Resort Monorail to go to California Grill. While you're on the resort monorail, you might also consider stopping at the Grand Floridian to check that resort out. Some tables at California Grill have an excellent view of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks. If you are not seated on one of these tables, you can make your way out to one of the outside viewing areas. Even if you have an early dinner and leave the restaurant, you are invited to come back for the outside viewing of the fireworks on the same day that you dined there.

Captain's Grill might be planned for the day you visit Disney Studios. From Disney Studios, you can either take the boat (which runs between Disney Studios and Epcot with stops at the Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk and the Yatcht and Beach clubs along the way) or you can walk. When you leave the park, you need to keep the boat dock on your left as you cross over the waterway and you will find the walkway on the opposite side of the waterway form the dock.

natstroop
03-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Thank you everyone for all the advice. I want to make sure I know ahead of time which restaurant would work best on each day and how to get there. I want to be able to take the most time in the parks and still try out some amazing restaurants.