PDA

View Full Version : Poly - Just Got Back! - Day 3

DisneyBarb
03-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Dates March 2nd - 6th
Where - Poly
Who - me , DH, DD (16), DS (13)

On our previous trip we ate at the Tusker house in AK before the park opened and loved it! We did it again this time and it paid off once again!

We got to the bus stop at 7:25 and 3 Studio busses came, but "Matt" a castmember was there and told us and AK bus would be along shortly and it was! In the meantime we enjoyed talking to Matt who was in the college program and very enthusiastic and hoping to have a long career with Disney.

We arrived well before 8 and were seated quickly. We love the Tusker house for the variety of food and it always seems fresh!

We were out by 9 and on the first car of the Safari! The animals were active and it was a great way to start the day! We headed to E.E. and all had a great ride, the kids went again and I got them F.P. for a little later on. At this point the ride was still only 10 min wait. We headed over to Dinosaur ride and was on with in 10 minutes. Back to E.E. for the kids to use the F.P. and then onto the trail to see the Gorillas (forget the name of the trail!). We got some great pictures! Tough to be a Bug and out of the park by 11:00 a.m!

We went back for a rest before friends came over to spend the afternoon. I hadn't mention the weather in previous posts but it had been hot and breezy. Last night the cold front came in and it was cool and very windy, no daytime rain and being hardy New Englanders we could handle some wind and cool temps! Strmchaser was right on with his forecast by the way!

Friends left and we headed to Ohanas for our 8:30 pm reservation. Believe it or not its only the second time we have all eaten there! Food was fantastic and they did not rush as they did in our previous visit. The only complaint was the steak was fatty, however we were so full we didn't care and it left more room for dessert! Yum!

We left DH and went to MK EMH! This is our tradition (the kids and I) to do this and stay to ungodly hours in the a.m.! We are so glad we did, we rode everything once and Splash 2x with our sweatshirts and ponchos, we were all alone! Little did we know this was the last time we would get on it this trip! All rides were 20 mins our less. We went on a cool ferry ride at 1:30 a.m. and were 3 of 5 people on it. It was quicker then the monorail I believe! This was a fantastic night and so happy not to set the alarm for the a.m.!

Overall Impressions -

AK is not our favorite but we seem to have it down to a science and 1/2 day is perfect for us. It was nice not walking around in the heat!

MK EMH - This was a great night and even though the kids are teenagers it was so nice that they begged me to ride Splash with them (I try to resist!) those are the moments that you cherish! DH understands that this is "our" thing and was fine with being sound asleep in bed!

Cast Members - Matt was great to talk to and it seemed that most times we took the bus there was someone there monitoring the frequency. Never encountered an unhappy castmember all week!

Tomorrow - Epcot and crowds, crowds and more crowds!

SBETigg
03-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I think we love the AK more each trip, but it still doesn't always take a full day for us. Sounds fun!

Suz36
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Another great day! Gotta love those moments!

faline
03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Those special moments with your kids are so important! Sounds like you made some great memories on this day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
sounds like a wonderful day, we love Ohana's too

DisneyorBust
03-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I agree with your assessment of AK being a half day park, always works that way for us.
Sound like another great day in WDW for you and your family.

buzznwoodysmom
03-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Another great day. I love your tradition with your kids. It's always great to have those moments, and those memoires in life with your children.

vizsla
03-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
03-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Another great busy and fun day you all had! :mickey:

January-2007
05-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks for reporting.