PDA

View Full Version : Em's Birthday Resort Hoppin Trip Day 3

emerzmom
03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Me: Birthday Girl's Mom
DD: Birthday Girl (turning 22 on this trip)
2/2/-3/85
Poly, BLT, AKL

Day 3 Thursday 3/1
I woke up around 7:00 am, made some coffee, and tried to do a few things however I realized just how small our room was. The room has one full or queen size (still not sure which) bed so my daughter was sleeping on the pull out couch. With the couch pulled out into a bed it is almost impossible to walk around in the primary part of the room. I talked to a DVC person who said that the BLT Studios are the smallest rooms of all. I was not totally unhappy with BLT. It has many good qualities the studio rooms are just not one of them. I am not sure I would stay there again.
I let my daughter sleep in again this morning. When she woke up she was finally feeling a little better. I think the meds were finally starting to work. A little Raison Bran, took a shower, got dressed, and took the sky walk to the Contemporary and hopped on the resort monorail to the TTC then transferred to the EPCOT monorail. There was a fairly long line at bag check (security) however it moved fairly quickly. We went in the gates and were pleasantly surprised that there were several Flower and Garden Festival topiaries already displayed. EPCOT was in bloom! It was also not crowded at all. We saw that Test Track single rider line was 5 minutes so we hopped in line. We literally walked through the line then only waited less than a minute to be placed in a car. It was great. Then we rode the big EPCOT ball ride (I always forget the name of that ride). We had not been on that in a while. I forgot that it was pretty cool. We then walked over to the Land Pavilion and walked right on to Living with The Land. I love this ride. I have always loved gardening and think this ride is so cool. My daughter does not like Soarin’. She said it makes her queasy and it “lame”. I love it but passed on riding it alone as my primary goal was to hang out with her. We started to walk toward World Showcase when my DD asked if we could go back to the room for a while. She was starting to not feel so good. So we monorailed it back to BLT. I have never stayed at a monorail resort before and I have to say that it is really nice. I could get used to this.
While my DD took a short nap I went down to the pool area and noticed the marina. I went over and checked out the boats. I thought it might be fun to rent a boat and go around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. I was headed to the pool bar when my DD called and said she couldn’t really sleep and wanted to do something. I told her about the boat rental and she was not exactly thrilled but said she would do it if I wanted to. I did so she came down and we rented one of the mid sized boats so that she could just relax and I would drive the boat. Well, she ended up loving this! We went around Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, then through the canal and went by MK, GF, Poly, and the Wedding Pavilion. It was breezy but not too bad and it was such a nice afternoon. What a different perspective on the resorts and it was just a fun thing we had never done before. After our boat excursion we headed to the BLT pool bar. The CM’s there were so nice and friendly. We talked to several people at the bar and had margaritas. We had missed our ADR at Tony’s Town Square our first night because my DD was sick so she asked if we could try to get in this evening. We got there about 7:45 and they seated us almost immediately. We shared something but I can’t remember what we had. It was pretty good. My DD loves that place. I think it is just okay. We decided to go ride some rides and picked Splash first. Big mistake! It was a walk on and we had a boat to ourselves. We sat up in the front and we got completely soaked. I was wringing my shirt out and my hair was dripping. I was not excited about continuing to ride anything else dripping wet. My DD thought is was hilarious but I did not. So, we walked back to BLT to change and return to MK (open to 11) but when we got back to the room we both decided to call it a night.
Tomorrow ADR’s at Via Napoli & Le Cellier
:mickey:
Julie

faline
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear your daughter was feeling a bit better - still, it sounds like you're not quite having the trip you had planned.

Goofeygal
03-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Glad she is feeling better, enjoy the rest of your trip.

SBETigg
03-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Renting the boat was a great idea. I'm glad she ended up enjoying it.

DizNee143
03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Glad that she keeps getting better each day! I love renting boats..always a fun time! :mickey:

vizsla
03-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the report.