PDA

View Full Version : What time dinner if I'm doing the MNSSHP?

mom2morgan
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
We're looking at taking in the parade which starts at 3:00, then hopping the monorail to go to 1900 Park Fare for dinner, then back for the start of the party around 7:00. Does this seem like a reasonable plan - dinner around 5:00,5:30? I'm wondering what "time" the party is best to be there at. Also, is it a mistake to do MK the day of a party - does it make it more crowded early in the day as well?

ElenitaB
03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I think that 5:00-ish is a good plan. We usually go back to our room pre-party, to rest some for the late evening and to change into costume (or party t-shirt as the case may be).

Main Street Jim
03-08-2012, 10:12 PM
You can get into the park as early as 4:00pm with *just* a party ticket :thumbsup:

My personal recommendation? Take the morning/early afternoon off from the "busy-ness" of the park(s); go shopping, rent a boat out on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon, go fishing at Ft. Wilderness...something you've never done on previous trips :) *RELAX*....you're on vacation. :cloud9:

For taking the Monorail to GF from MK: keep in mind that GF would be the fourth (next-to-last) stop on the Resort Monorail loop, coming from MK. You'd need a little bit of travel time. I have *always* recommended *at least* an hour's travel time to get to/from a park/resort to/from a park/resort. You can also take one of the water launches to GF from MK as well.

If you're doing the Party with little ones/kids, for the Halloween parade, you may want to see the first parade (usually at 8:30pm and 10:00pm). If they can make to the second one, I *highly* recommend that, as it's usually a LOT less crowded than the first one.

I've also always found that later in the evening as the crowds thin out, especially toward closing time, the Candy locations seem to give out *more* to each guest :)