PDA

View Full Version : Double Digits Dance- AND I haven't Bought Plane Tickets Yet!!!

Mammabruski
03-08-2012, 11:33 AM
99 days before I can surprise my girls and tell them we're not going to Kansas, but to Disney! :cloud9:

Anyways, I'm a little stressed, as I haven't purchased plane tickets yet. I typically fly Southwest and I can get roundtrip prices at $300, even at peak times. Right now my tickets are sitting at $410. Yikes. And sadly, that is the cheapest airline by over $40! I'm planning on waiting till 85 days and then buying. I didn't wait long enough when I bought my tickets at Christmas (visiting family) and I lost out on big savings, when SW dropped their prices.

Do ya'll think that Southwest will follow their trends and drop their prices? I've never paid more than $300 for tickets before... :fingers:

faline
03-08-2012, 11:49 AM
With fuel prices going up and up, it's hard to say!

ThanxForNoticin
03-08-2012, 12:37 PM
But that's the beauty of Southwest - if the prices do drop, you can rebook and get credit for the savings - without any fees. It sounds like if you had rebooked tickets on your previous trip, you'd have credit with SW that you could now use on this trip!

It really is a bit of a game trying to figure out the best time to buy. Prices could go down, but they could also go up. Good luck with your decision - have a great time!

Mammabruski
03-08-2012, 01:03 PM
But that's the beauty of Southwest - if the prices do drop, you can rebook and get credit for the savings - without any fees. It sounds like if you had rebooked tickets on your previous trip, you'd have credit with SW that you could now use on this trip!

So true, at Christmas I actually booked with Frontier, so no credits for me....

Mammabruski
03-18-2012, 12:46 PM
So I ended up buying the return flight only. I really didn't want that segment to go up and have to pay even more money for the flights. The flight to Florida went up by $34 (x3) on Tuesday, and I am crossing my fingers that it will drop on this coming Tuesday.... Regardless, the Southwest site and I are going to be best friends as I will be watching it like a hawk.

Here's another conundrum I'm facing: There is an earlier direct flight for less money that I can get us on, but we'd be leaving at 6:30 am. I just don't know if it's worth saving $100 in exchange for getting my little ones up at the crack of dawn, risking serious crankiness on our first day at the happiest place on Earth.

What would you do? Save some money or take the 8:55 am flight?

Thanks!

wildernesslady
03-18-2012, 01:50 PM
My kids have never had a problem getting up early when going to DW. I would go earlier and save some money.

NyDisneyGirl
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi there, I hope you enjoy you're upcoming trip. I just posted in this forum about the airline prices. I paid the most ever flying down to Orlando from NY this year then I ever have. I would buy my tickets now and don't chance it. I paid $460 roundtrip per person, and now those tickets are up to $580 per person and I'm going in July. I'm glad I got them when I did.

Mammabruski
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Well, I bought the tickets for the first leg of our journey today... the round trip total for one ticket was $420, $120 more than I budgeted for! Unbelievable... now I just need to watch that fare, maybe I'll get lucky and get some travel credits ...

Disney Doll
03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Here's another conundrum I'm facing: There is an earlier direct flight for less money that I can get us on, but we'd be leaving at 6:30 am. I just don't know if it's worth saving $100 in exchange for getting my little ones up at the crack of dawn, risking serious crankiness on our first day at the happiest place on Earth.

What would you do? Save some money or take the 8:55 am flight?

Thanks!

I plan for early flights because my kids will usually sleep at least part way. Plus, it's not crowded at the airport yet and we get to Orlando soon enough that we can nap and then start our vacation.