PDA

View Full Version : ME to the Poly

Suz36
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know the typical drop-off order for ME from MCO to the Poly? Thanks!

PlutoPlanet
03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
The bus stopped off at Poly and GF before BLT last year. DW suggested we get off at Poly and take the monorail to BLT. I didn't listen. She was right.

SBETigg
03-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't think there's a set order. When I took the ME to the Polynesian, it stopped at WL and the Contemporary first.

CleveRocks
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
There is no set order. There is no pre-set grouping of resorts. There is also no typical order ... it can change saeveral times even during the same day.

Groupings are made with efficiency in mind. Because you have to make reservations, DME knows about how many people are going to which resorts at about what times, so they group the buses to make the most efficient rides possible.

As for the order of drop-offs, it is up to the driver. A former DME driver who is (or at least was) a frequent Intercot poster often said that as she drove her full bus out of the airport she started thinking about what order she would do the drop-offs in.

There is one small exception, and it actually involves Polynesian. If Grand Floridian is on a bus, that resort is supposed to be dropped off first. HOWEVER, if there are also Polynesian guests on that bus, then the Poly will be dropped off first and then GF second. This is due to logistics. Poly and GF are both on the right side of the same dead-end road. If GF was dropped off first, the bus would have to make a left turn into Poly; there is not enough room for a full-size motorcoach to do that without making the bus do a K-turn (turn, back up, and then complete the turn), and thus it's basically impossible. As a result, a bus that stops at both GF and Poly MUST stop at Poly first.

But like I said, that's the single exception.

Catzle
03-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Every time we have gone the Poly seems to be last or second. Never first!!