PDA

View Full Version : Poly - Just Got Back! - Day 2

DisneyBarb
03-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Dates March 2nd - 6th
Where - Poly
Who - me , DH, DD (16), DS (13)

We wanted to get up and be at the Studios when it opened in the morning. Our goal was to do T.S. (without waiting forever)and the rest would be gravy!

I was looking through paperwork before we left and saw the notice "monorail service will be suspended between the non-peak hours of 11:30 and 6:00 p.m, alternative transportation will be provided' blah, blah, blah. I was not thrilled but will talk more about that later!

After a pleasant meal at Kona Cafe (traditional first morning breakfast), we were at the Studios by 9. We headed right for T.S. and it said it was a 30 minute wait. F.P. return was around 11. We did wait and it was pleasant and quicker then the 30 minutes. No wait on the GMR, I don't remember the details but did RnR 2 x, once with F.P. and without (20 min wait), FP for ToT which was about 20mins with FP. We also saw the Muppets and headed out to the ferry for our 2:30 ressies in Canada.

A very pleasant boat ride to Epcot and headed to Soarin and got F.P. (yeah!), rode on the land (DH fav) and back to LeCellier for a late lunch. Service was quite good, (had some good bantering about hockey with the waiter, being from Boston this was fun, not so much when we had NYC waiters that liked football!) :)3 filet mignons, substituting risotto with mashed potatos and a chicken caesar for DD. Everyone was satisified and used one sit down credit.

Ride on Norway, Soarin and Spaceship Earth before heading out for our nap!

We had some downtime and I headed to MK with DS and DD (DH has bad back and stay behind). We rode People Mover, CoP and Buzz Light year, had dessert at the Bakery and took in the atmosphere. We headed out at 11:30 and had to take the ferry back as the monorail was no longer running. The stated park hours was until 12 so this was a surprise to me (thought it was an hour after park closed) but now understand it was because they had recently moved the park hours from 10 to 12. No worries, the ferry was there and it was a smooth ride.

3 parks in 1 day, wow!

Overall Impressions -

Studios - Love this park, T.S. just makes us all happy. I do wish they had more rides in the park however, but love the theme of the park

Epcot - Happy to be able to get FP for Soarin in the afternoon, such a large park, feet were hurting!

MK - My overall favorite, we took our time knowing we would be going back the following day.

We were able to be in 3 parks because we know what we want to do and don't need to do everything. We are very lucky.

Monorail - It did bother me to be paying for a monorail resort and not having the monorail available. However, staying at the Poly and being able to walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail and the quick ferries made it non distruptive for us. Having said that, I think that if we had not stayed many many times we would have been a bit confused on the quickest way to travel and would have felt it more.

Tomorrow - AK, and EMH at MK!

DisneyorBust
03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Excellent first park day! I agree with your sentiments regarding DHS, the themeing is great but they do need a few more attractions.
3 parks on your first day! I liked reading that you knew what attractions that you wanted to enjoy and did just that!
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
03-08-2012, 09:40 AM
What a wonderful day, Barb. The best (and your most favorite) attractions, some great food and MK to end the day . . . what could be better?! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Suz36
03-08-2012, 01:40 PM
What a packed first day, although it still sounds relaxing. We'll be park hopping for the first time in a couple trips - hope we can do it as seemlessly as you did!

faline
03-08-2012, 06:32 PM
It's only your first park day and you've already been in three parks! Very impressive!

emerzmom
03-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Three parks in one day! Sounds like a great day to me!
Thanks for the reports.
:mickey:
Julie

SBETigg
03-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, the monorail thing would upset me, too, but I'm glad the ferry was working out for you.

vizsla
03-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Don't blame your irritation about the monorail but it still sounds like a good day.

buzznwoodysmom
03-09-2012, 10:58 AM
What a wonderful, fun filled day.

I agree with you about first time Poly guests and figuring out how to get from place to place. I'm sure it's been tough on lots of guests.

DizNee143
03-15-2012, 08:38 AM
What a busy and fun filled day you guys had!! :mickey:

January-2007
05-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks for reporting.