PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Planning DVD

pooh0601
03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know what month each year the new vacation planning DVD is released? We wanted to order one, but if they are going to be releasing a new one soon, we will hold off on ordering one.

Thanks!!!

faline
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Usually I see a special travel section in my local newspaper that focuses on Florida and Disney and announces the new planning dvd. I don't recall seeing such a notice yet this year. I know I ordered the 2011 dvd around this time last year.

Dragongirlx
03-08-2012, 09:16 AM
It doesn't look like we are getting a new one in the UK this year. They are promoting the online planning tools instead. I am quite disappointed

zipadeedoodah
03-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Is anyone else disapointed in the new dvd's each year, though? They used to be so much better in the 90's than they are now. They give you the BARE minimum amount of info, and it's usually intermixed with annoying hosts. I have the 1994 vacation planner vhs and that was an amazing video. They showed you little snippits of practically EVERY attraction and it wasn't accompanied by an obnoxious host. lol I still watch that one sometimes to get me pumped up about going. (even though animal kingdom was not around yet, and they show you attractions like superstar television and the monster sound stage...and HORIZONS!) :mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-08-2012, 01:34 PM
I got the 2012 planning DVD sometime back in December. It isn't as good as it has been in years past.

cuteduck223
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
the 2012 dvd isn't that great. my 3 year old doesn't like it (which to me is the indicator). We do watch the older ones from time to time...she asks to watch her "disney movie" Curiously, 2010 is one of her favorites.

AmandaChan
03-13-2012, 04:03 AM
Is anyone else disapointed in the new dvd's each year, though? They used to be so much better in the 90's than they are now. They give you the BARE minimum amount of info, and it's usually intermixed with annoying hosts. I have the 1994 vacation planner vhs and that was an amazing video. They showed you little snippits of practically EVERY attraction and it wasn't accompanied by an obnoxious host. lol I still watch that one sometimes to get me pumped up about going. (even though animal kingdom was not around yet, and they show you attractions like superstar television and the monster sound stage...and HORIZONS!) :mickey:

the best one yet that we have seen would be the anniversary one, with the four different people showing you around. dh and i ordered them every year after that and we have been disappointed since!

CuteAsMinnie
03-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Maybe the 2013 DVD will be better due to the major Fantasyland expansion???