PDA

View Full Version : Character Meal Bus

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
We will be in WDW for the first time without a car. I heard there is a resort bus for Character Meals. Is that true? Do they go to all the character breakfasts from all the resorts.

We need to get from OKW to Cape May Cafe and I really don't want to pay for a cab since I am already paying for the overpriced breakfast.

We want to do an early ADR and then be to Epcot when it opens. I am making the ADR for a non EMH morning.

princessgirls
03-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I am not aware of a character meal bus...
Disney does run early buses to the parks however.

You could get on a bus to Epcot, and then wait for a Beach/yacht bus from there.

Julie:mickey:

Janmac
03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
On one of our trips there was such a thing as a character bus, which ran at 7 am to take guests with early ADRs to the parks. I had asked at the Front Desk and didn't get a useful answer as to bus options (no problem - couldn't expect that CM to have ALL the info). I somehow discovered WDW-RIDE, called that number and got a good answer.

The bus did not have characters on it, it was the early bus. The first day we managed to leave our room at 6:45, arriving at the bus stop just a little before 6:55 - just as the bus was pulling up. He loaded us and left. I was very glad we had not planned to get to the stop at 7 am.

Parenthetically, if memory serves (which is does less and less nowadays) I think this was the time we were the only ones on the bus. Driver asked if we were going to the MK - which was his official destination. We said 1900 Park Fare and he said he'd drop us at the Contemporary and we could get the monorail to the GF. As we were walking into the resort, there was a very brief shower - almost a mist. We saw 5 rainbows for just an instant. Magical start.

Another option for you is if DHS is having an early EMH on the morning of your Cape May ADR. Then you can get a bus to DHS and the boat to Beach Club, or walk.

We planned a Cape May breakfast, with subsequent AK morning, to coincide with an early EMH at Epcot. Walked through to the International Gateway, and then to BC. Great experience walking through Canada and UK so early in the morning.

So, maybe WDW-RIDE has an answer for you. Have also called WDW-PLAY, DINE and STAY. I suppose there are others, as well.

Jan

#1donaldfan
03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I have never seen a character meal bus ??!!! I'm not saying there are none, yet after many trips and many character meals under my belt this is the first I've heard of one ...... :confused:

SBETigg
03-07-2012, 12:13 PM
They used to have this, not sure if they still do. I didn't think so, but worth calling and asking.

Janmac
03-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I have never seen a character meal bus ??!!! I'm not saying there are none, yet after many trips and many character meals under my belt this is the first I've heard of one ...... :confused:

Our trip with the character meal bus was December 2001. Bus transport - the every 20 minutes kind - in the '90s started early. Then Disney cut way back on the bus service, starting maybe half an hour before the parks opened. Something like that. But they ran one bus early for the early character meals.

Jan

TheDuckRocks
03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
We will be in WDW for the first time without a car. I heard there is a resort bus for Character Meals. Is that true? Do they go to all the character breakfasts from all the resorts.

We need to get from OKW to Cape May Cafe and I really don't want to pay for a cab since I am already paying for the overpriced breakfast.

We want to do an early ADR and then be to Epcot when it opens. I am making the ADR for a non EMH morning.

The problem I see with your plan is that the busses that early go to the parks and I have never seen them picking people up from the park to go back to the resorts at that time. They might do it but I've never seen it. To get to Cape May you would have to go through Epcot if they don't take people to the resorts by bus that early.
I would call Disney and check out what they have to say as to how you would handle the journey.
The busses will start around 7AM to go to the parks, we always arrive at the bus stop at around 6:45 as sometimes there might be one little earlier.
OKW is so close to the Epcot area I would think the cost of a taxi would only be about $10. We have found over the years that taking a bus to the breakfasts at the other resorts to be well worth the extra money.

brownie
03-09-2012, 11:06 AM
To get to Cape May you would have to go through Epcot if they don't take people to the resorts by bus that early.

You won't be able to cut through Epcot before it opens, though.

Iluvtink
03-09-2012, 01:16 PM
As someone else mentioned earlier, I think your best option will be to get the early bus to Hollywood Studios and then walk along the river back to Beach Club for Cape May Cafe. It's about a 10 minute walk, very pleasant if you're up for it.
Good luck and enjoy.

disneynarula
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
How much do you think a cab would run?

Starting to think Chef Mickey's might be better...transportation wise. I will have to look at park hours as our ADR window gets closer.

TheRustyScupper
03-10-2012, 08:56 AM
How much do you think a cab would run?

1) Figure about $20.
2) As mentioned, you cannot go resort-to-resort.
3) Buses go to resort-to-park.
4) Then, you transfer to another bus.
5) A taxi is your best bet.

NOTE: For Chef Mickey's, you would take the MK
bus, then walk or monorail to Contemporary.

BrerGnat
03-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Cape May will be a tough one to get to early morning if you are not staying at one of the Epcot area resorts. I'd pick somewhere else.

Unless you are staying at the Contemporary, where you could walk to the MK bus depot and hop on a Beach Club bus early in the morning (and yes, they WILL take passengers back to resorts that early.)

mustBgoofy
03-11-2012, 05:18 PM
How would I go about getting from Pop to 1900 Park Fare? I also need to add that I am resort hopping this day and will be transferring from Pop to AKL for a conference so if I am able to drive over, I can do so. Thanks!

BrerGnat
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
How would I go about getting from Pop to 1900 Park Fare? I also need to add that I am resort hopping this day and will be transferring from Pop to AKL for a conference so if I am able to drive over, I can do so. Thanks!

You can either drive and park in the GF lot, or you can take a bus to MK, then boat or monorail over to GF.