PDA

View Full Version : Best resort for a family of 5?

KatMcPic
03-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Between the Contemporary or Poly, which is the best resort for a family of 5. We have 3 kids - 11 yr old and 8 yr old twins. This is the first time at either resort for us. We have only stayed at the WL in the past. TIA

mook3y
03-06-2012, 09:54 PM
based only on pools... Poly. :) :number1:

mydisneygirls
03-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I would definitely say the Poly. It is more kid friendly, there is a great slide at the pool for the kids and you would definitely like the atmosphere much better. Also, the rooms at the Poly are bigger than other resorts. The Poly is my favorite resort, followed by WL.

Davy Crockett
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
We are in the process of helping friends book a trip in the fall and they too have 5 family members (3 daughters ages 10, 7 & 4). Pools aside at the Poly you have 2 queens and a couch that converts to a bed, but at the Contemporary you have 2 queens and have to request a roll away. I would vote for Poly and the pool is better also :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
03-07-2012, 12:32 PM
The Contemporary's room are slightly larger. Both have 2 queen beds and a daybed, that can fit a small child. In my opinion, I prefer Poly, it seems more laid-back, relaxed atmosphere, the pool area is more fun, and it just seems more kid-friendly.

wdwfansince75
03-07-2012, 12:47 PM
We are in the process of helping friends book a trip in the fall and they too have 5 family members (3 daughters ages 10, 7 & 4). Pools aside at the Poly you have 2 queens and a couch that converts to a bed, but at the Contemporary you have 2 queens and have to request a roll away. I would vote for Poly and the pool is better also :thumbsup:

Note that the rooms at the CR do have 2 queens and a daybed. And the CR rooms are as large as the rooms at the Poly...

There is no wrong answer here...when we were there with kids about that age, and later, with grandkids those ages, we liked the ability to walk to and from MK, so we liked the CR...Most of our more recent trips have been to SoG...3 or 4 rooms for little more than one room at Poly or CR...Since we aren't leaving anything to the kids, they find that saving money for their retirement is a good thing.

Since we usually go to and from MK by way of the Poly when staying at the Poly, we have really come to love the place...Love Captain Cook's and Kona Cafe, and the general peacefulness of the resort. Looking forward to staying there again on our next visit. Again, there is no wrong answer for this one...try one this time, and plan to do the other on your next visit!

BrerGnat
03-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Contemporary. I like the bathroom set up there. It is a totally separate room, with double sinks. Inside that room is ANOTHER room for the toilet with a door that closes. So, someone can be in the shower, someone can be in the toilet, and 2 people can be using the sinks all at the same time. That makes it VERY friendly for a larger family.

All Contemporary rooms have 2 queens and a daybed standard.

I like the Contemporary's pool, slide, and water spray area, as well as the hot tubs. :thumbsup:

I think Contemporary's quick service, gift shops, and arcade are much better than Poly's.

Contemporary has the walkway to MK. Priceless!

AmandaChan
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Have never stayed at either, but I have visited both and I can't wait to stay at Poly for the first time. If it was me, I'd pick Poly. I think the kids will enjoy the theme and setting and pools more.