PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Rooms or Not

MikeJake
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Is it worth the $200 price difference to upgrade to preferred rooms at PO Riverside? Never stayed there and first trip to Disney overall.

Thanks.

mechanic
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Really only you can answer that. The rooms are all about the same. Its just the location. Preferred rooms are located near things people want to be close to. Do you mind a longer walk? Its just a personal preference.

MikeJake
03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Having never been there is the walk very far is it inconvienent?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
I would say yes. POR is lovely, but it is large and I don't feel like a long walk back to my room after a long day walking around the park.

We like the main pool, and use the food court, and like to be close to both.

But, it isn't a must. There are bus stops throughout the resort, and quiet pools as well, so if you don't mind being further from the main building and pool, save the $$ for other parts of the trip.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-07-2012, 01:00 AM
We have stayed at POR a few times and have never had a preferred room. The landscaping is beautiful and we find the walk to be really pleasant. And there are bus stops scattered around the resort, so we're never far from one at the end of a long day. Actually, come to think of it, we always ask for a quiet room and end up as far from everything as you could be. The walk is never more than 10-12 minutes. Personally I think that you could find better things to do with the $200!

Have a great time whatever you decide! :mickey:

c&d
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
We've never stayed at a preferred in POR. The resort was so lovely to walk around that we never minded the walk. Personally I would use the $200 for something else at Disney only because we don't spend that much time in the room.

minnie04
03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
I would agree, the walk isnt that bad. Plus it depends on what time of year you are going too, because if its a slow time you might just get a room closer with out paying the extra money. You can always ask at check in to put you as close to things as possible (again) without paying extra $$. Unless you are carrying a ton of stuff back to the room everytime. I would say pass and enjoy the walking :mickey:

I would spend the $200 on something else forsure..

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
We have also never payed for a preferred room and never felt we were lacking something. I always request the mansion section. It was not a very long walk to anywhere. That being said... I was not there with children. It was just myself and a friend.

BrerGnat
03-07-2012, 02:01 PM
What time of the year are you going? If it's going to be REALLY hot and humid, pay for the preferred room.

Otherwise, if you don't mind a 10 min walk (at most) don't bother.