PDA

View Full Version : Buying discounted tickets ?

elmjimmlm
03-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I have always booked a package with Disney and I was just thinking...If I book a room only reservation and buy discounted tickets then can I add these tickets on my KTTW card so everything is together?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes. If you book tickets in advance (like through the Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC) you can ask that they be added to your room key.

tennantsrwe
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Just wondering....are you saving by doing it this way? Just didn't know if the discounted tickets provided a decent savings in compared to a package. Thanks!

joonyer
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
The best (legitimate) ticket discounts are only a few dollars less than what Disney charges. You can save a little bit of $$, but probably not enough to be better than package rates with a room discount or free dining offers. You can find deals for room only (with a discount) and then buy discounted park passes to save a few extra dollars. We have done that before when we were not interested in the DDP. The easiest way to find the best option for you is to ask Magical Journeys to give you some package quotes, and then you can check out discount ticket prices.

Dyanna
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
We do this every time we go. Once you get your KTTW you then take those cards along with you park passes over to the Concierge desk as just ask them to combine the 2. Never had any problems. Just takes a few minutes per card but yes it can be done:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Just wondering....are you saving by doing it this way? Just didn't know if the discounted tickets provided a decent savings in compared to a package. Thanks!A Disney package isn't a money saver. Let's say you stay 7 nights and want a 6-day base ticket. Let's say you book through Disney directly. Your price for a package and your price for booking a room-only and buying separate tickets through Disney will be identical, down to the penny. The differences are in the amount of the initial deposit, the time full payment is due, and the cancellation terms.