PDA

View Full Version : Why no Fantasmic show and 7:00 closing at Hollowood Studios?

Alpha Jeanie
03-05-2012, 09:02 AM
We will be at Hollywood Studios on Wednesday, June 6th. They have morning extra magic hours that day. The park closes at 7:00 that night with no Fantasmic show scheduled. Does anyone know the reason they would close at 7:00pm? It is the only day on the June calendar with a 7:00 pm closing. We picked that day to visit Hollywood Studios because we always go to the park with extra magic morning hours.....we get so much done in that one early hour.

We will try to park hop another night to catch Fantasmic if possible, but I'm just puzzled why that is the only night in June that they close at 7:00.

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Probably a special event of some kind. Companies often rent out parks in the evening hours for private parties and such.

Melanie
03-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Probably a special event of some kind. Companies often rent out parks in the evening hours for private parties and such.

And Hollywood Studios seems to always be that park rented out.

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 01:34 PM
And Hollywood Studios seems to always be that park rented out.

My guess is it's cheaper than renting out the Magic Kingdom...

Alpha Jeanie
03-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I would love to work for that company!:mickey:

AmandaChan
03-06-2012, 09:17 AM

I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars that probably costs.

Main Street Jim
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I've worked my share of corporate parties over the years at Magic Kingdom - Bank of America, KFC, DeWalt Tools, McDonald's...

For KFC, I got to drive their CEO down Main Street in the Fire Truck during a "special presentation" of SpectroMagic. For the DeWalt night, I got Matt Kenseth's autograph and a picture (NASCAR driver, who also happened to win the Daytona 500 that year - and won this year's as well :) ).

Talk about short crowds...LOL....I remember for the KFC night, there was like 500 people in the park. But, every attraction was up and running. For McDonald's, maybe 2-3,000. DeWalt had "only" rented out Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (the "most popular lands" in the park).

Patricia
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM
When I was younger, either Reynolds or Boeing (not sure which parent was granted the passes) rented Disneyland for an evening, once a year. I do recall unlimited fun without ticket books, even though we had the Magic Key Club tickets.. it was great to wear a pass around our necks and hop on and off anything we wanted over and over.

Ha! That's dating myself. :blush:

BrerGnat
03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars that probably costs.

Well, in 2001, if you wanted to have a wedding in the MK, in front of the castle, after hours it cost $35,000. You'd get NO rides for that, just the ceremony!

Comparatively, the Wedding Pavilion cost $1,500 to rent.

Guess which one we chose? :D

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 11:00 AM
I would guess it is probably one of the least expensive to rent out for the evening.

When I was on the WDWCP my roommates father came down for a conference.His company rented out HS for the evening and he got us passes.

It was when ToT was brand new. I don't think they had fast pass then and the wait was always loooooong.

That night was so much fun. We rode ToT about ten times in a row with about a fifteen minute wait! It is one of my favorite "MgM" memories.

ShanlovesMickey
03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
We are planning our trip to Disney the 1st week of June. We have never seen the Fantasmic show and we were planning to go on the 6th also. I guess I will have to plan another night to go to HDS.

Shannon