PDA

View Full Version : Checking into SW from resort (before checking out)

NokOnHarts
03-04-2012, 11:13 PM
I think I remember the Disney hotel checking us into our airline before checking out of the resort, but how does this work if flying SW airlines? I know you should check in right at the 24 hr mark if possible - does the hotel do this in a timely manner or do you check yourself in at the 24 hr mark to make sure it's done on time? Is internet available to do this on your own?

DizneyRox
03-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Never heard of the resorts doing this for you (in your absence). If you need to check into your airline, you need to get the info you need and visit the front desk (or guest relations at a park) and they can do it. You would do this at the 24 hour mark.

That's one reason why we do early bird with southwest, that flight home is often not a convenient time the day before check out.

faline
03-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Yes, if you don't have early bird boarding, they you need to go to the concierge desk of your resort (or the resort you're closet to at the time) or to the guest services desk at the park where you are. Bring your flight information with you and make sure you are within your 24 hour window.

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Never heard of the resorts doing this for you (in your absence). If you need to check into your airline, you need to get the info you need and visit the front desk (or guest relations at a park) and they can do it. You would do this at the 24 hour mark.

Just want to point out that if you stay Club Level, they WILL check you in and print out your boarding pass in your absence. The past two times we've stayed CL at the Beach Club, they have done this. We have woken up and had our boarding passes and "temporary" luggage check in stickers in an envelope under our door on the morning of check out. On our last trip, my husband's boarding pass was missing...a quick trip to the desk and it was re-printed (they had checked him in, but the pass had not printed).

I don't know how this works with Southwest, since we flew Jet Blue both times and had assigned seats.

Just wanted to point out that there are instances where you will be checked in automatically within 24 hours of your flight without you having to do anything.

OP, do you have a smart phone? You can download the Southwest app (or just use the mobile site) to check in for your flight at the 24 hour mark. You can then have your pass printed at the front desk, or at the Kiosks at the airport.

NokOnHarts
03-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, we will have a smartphone with us, thanks for the tip. Do you know when you check in online or through the app if they tell you what boarding group you are in then, or do you have to wait till your boarding pass is printed to know your group?

Thanks!

Fangorn
03-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Do you know when you check in online or through the app if they tell you what boarding group you are in then

Yes. Both the app and the mobile SW site will tell you your boarding group and number once you've checked in. You can then print the boarding pass at your leisure. If you're checking your luggage at the resort, they will print your boarding passes for you then.

Like DisneyRox, we've gotten in the habit of using the Early Bird option for the return trip. It's worth the extra $10/person to not have to bother with checking in at the 24 hour mark.

Steve

tinkman
03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
You can either check-in at 24hr mark simply by going to guest services at your resort or wait till you check your bags the day you fly out.

CuteAsMinnie
03-08-2012, 11:35 AM
We always opt for the $10/pp fee so we have one less thing to worry about. I would definite consider this at least for the return trip.

ThanxForNoticin
03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I agree with some of the other posters. When we fly Southwest, we have almost always gone the route of paying a few dollars for the early bird option for the flight home. We're usually spending a significant amount of money for our vacation there. An extra $10 per ticket to make sure we can get decent seats on the way home seems reasonable. I can tell you, I've already been enjoying myself during a vacation and completely lost track of the day/time - and missed the 24-hour mark!

But if you opt to check in yourself, the smartphone approach is a very good way to do it - check in and print them later. Enjoy your trip!