PDA

View Full Version : Buses from theme parks

momof3+twins
03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I was planning to head over to downtown Disney straight from the theme park and then head back to the park after shopping. Is there a bus from the theme park to dtd or do I have to go all the way back to the resort a hop on a bus there?

03-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Back to a resort. Closest is the Contemporary.

faline
03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Back to a resort. Closest is the Contemporary.

The closest resort will depend upon which theme park the original poster is visiting.

As noted, no direct busses between theme parks and Downtown Disney

Main Street Jim
03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
To get FROM a theme park TO Downtown Disney:

Take a resort bus to any of the DtD resorts - Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter, Saratoga Springs - and then a boat from there to Downtown Disney.

To get FROM Downtown Disney TO a theme park, reverse the process, with one exception, and that depends on whether or not you're going to Magic Kingdom. Me, I'd take a resort bus to the Contemporary, then take the short (< 5 minutes) walk over to the front of Mk.

joonyer
03-04-2012, 09:11 PM
The closest resort will depend upon which theme park the original poster is visiting.

As noted, no direct busses between theme parks and Downtown Disney

This helps discourage people from using the free parking at DTD and then taking a bus to a theme park. That's one reason why you can't bus directly.

Quadstriker
03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Taxi is always an option as well. Will save you a lot of time and energy at the cost of 10 bucks or whatnot.