PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends...Info???

BrerGnat
03-04-2012, 11:01 AM
So, when does the Star Wars weekends information come out? I know the dates were released, but nothing else yet.

DH and I are scheming to make a quick weekend getaway trip down there (sans kids) since DH has always wanted to do a SWW, and he has quite a few days off around Memorail Day weekend May 25-28, as well as June 7-10.

Also, is going on the last weekend worth it? DH is primarily interested in merchandise, not so much celebrity appearances (unless it's Carrie Fisher in a gold bikini circa 1975). ;)

Is all the good merchandise sold out by the last weekend? I am not really too keen on being there Memorial day weekend due to crowds.

Strmchsr
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Usually it's end of March when all the details come out. My dad was there last year on the last weekend and said there was plenty of good merchandise left. I'm looking forward to going on the first weekend this year. My boys have never been and they are super geeked about it.

BrerGnat
03-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Ok, good to know.

MOJoe
03-06-2012, 11:00 AM
As far as merchandise is concerned, the only thing i have seen is the logo for this year. It's Donald as a dual-lightsaber wielding Darth Maul. This should be available for the entire event. I can't remember a time when the official logo merchandise sold out.

Some other items can sell out. Limited edition Big Figs can be very popular. And when Disney had "weekend pins" that were only available certain times, they could sell out.
Last year some of the best items in my opinion, were only for sale to DVC owners and Annual Passholders. Anyone could get the passport pins, but you could only buy 2 or 3 at a time. They didn't thrill me, so i passed on them.
So i guess that it all depends on what is available and how Disney releases it. For an avid collector it's important to get to the merchandise tent early. For all others, not so much.