PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe Opinions

mgmnut
03-04-2012, 09:34 AM
I hear a lot of negative reviews of the Rainforest Cafe. Last year I believe it was only allowed on the delux or better DP but this year it shows upon the regular DDP. Did it get knocked down a peg?

Most of the comments are that it is not very "Disney" and you can go to any RFC accross the country and get the same menu.

We have never been. My wife and kids want to try it this year.

Is the atmosphere at the Disney RFC's any differnt then the RFC's accross the country?

Is there a difference in the decor between the RFC at DTD and the RFC at AK?

Lastly, is it worth trying, at least for the atmosphere?

tinksmom02
03-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I would say that if you've never been to a RFC before, then give it a shot, especially now that it's on the DDP. I think all the RFC are similar in theme, but not exact, so the RFC at DTD will be slightly different from the one at AK. The menu is the same across the board, though, I think. The food is OK, nothing great.

We have an RFC in Atlantic City so don't feel the desire to do the ones at Disney anymore. T-Rex cafe is a little more unique, I think.

disneynarula
03-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I like RFC. The food is decent and my boys love it! I have been to the one in Las Vegas as well and they both seemed about the same to me.

It does not get good reviews on the boards, probably because it's a chain that in most major cities. If you live near one it's not a big deal and probably not your best choice at WDW.If you don't then go for it!

We never lived near one so going to the RFC at WDW is fun for us.

I am excited it is now on the DDP, it was not always the case. I am sort of sad they switched to ADRs. This used to be a spur of the momement thing for us to eat there. I guess they were losing business to all the TS that did take the DDP?

Pop Centurion
03-04-2012, 12:22 PM
We have an RFC in Atlantic City so don't feel the desire to do the ones at Disney anymore
Same here. I have to admit that when we go to the one in AC we try to imagine we're in WDW but once we exit & see the boardwalk our dream is quickly shattered. :( :silly:

Madame Leona
03-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I live about an hour from a RFC and we LOVE it. The food is good. It's not gourmet but it is consistent. I usally get a sandwich of some sort and I've never been disappointed. I've been to the one in DD and I really liked it. They all appear to be similiar so I would just pick the location you would like more and go with that.

tjstrike
03-04-2012, 03:59 PM
We love the RFC in AK. We always try to eat there at least once per trip. The decor and atmosphere is awesome and the food is pretty good too. I love the triple play (steak. ribs and coconut shrimp) and for dessert get the volcano with a mudslide to drink !! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm not a fan, but if you don't have one near you it is worth trying once for the unique atmosphere. The food is standard bar and grill chain type stuff, mostly mediocre and over-salted but not bad.

KatrinaJ91
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Our family really likes RFC. As others have stated, we do not have one anywhere near us and this is the only time we go to one. The atmosphere is fun and we love the little shop. We have always had good luck with the food and have enjoyed all our meals there!