PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland is closed!!!

Joannelet
03-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi just a quick update. No one is allowed right now to enter the parks in Disneyland. Those that are there are being held there. A suspicious item had been found in one of the trees at park entrance. My source is supposed to update me as the news comes in.

BrerGnat
03-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Official Story HERE
(http://www.ocregister.com/articles/park-343008-object-area.html)

Scary stuff. I don't recall this ever happening at DLR before.

Hope it's resolved quickly and safely!

The article doesn't mention that people are "trapped" inside. I would assume that anyone who wants/needs to leave can use the monorail, perhaps?

Looks like they are keeping people out of the Esplanade area.

I have to wonder, though, if the employee found the suspicious item at 7am, how many people can possibly be inside the park?

Joannelet
03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for adding the link!
There are reports that it was a backpack. Glad they are keeping everyone safe!

Quadstriker
03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Better safe than sorry I guess.

BrerGnat
03-03-2012, 01:54 PM
CBS news in Los Angeles is now reporting that Disneyland will open "soon" and that the item in question turned out to be harmless.

Joannelet
03-03-2012, 01:58 PM
That's good! Natalie, Did you see that the article said they were on lockdown? I would think that meant they couldn't leave by monorail either during the investigation.

Disney4us2
03-03-2012, 03:57 PM
We are there now in the middle of it all. The parks are both open and running. Interesting morning here to say the least. Just long lines at the bag checks.

Disney4us2
03-03-2012, 03:59 PM
That's good! Natalie, Did you see that the article said they were on lockdown? I would think that meant they couldn't leave by monorail either during the investigation.

The monorail is closed now due to construction at DCA. Should open next week.

BrerGnat
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
The monorail is closed now due to construction at DCA. Should open next week.

Aaah. Thanks for the info!

I was wondering when you'd check in. I know you guys go to the parks most Saturdays. :mickey:

Disney4us2
03-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Aaah. Thanks for the info!

I was wondering when you'd check in. I know you guys go to the parks most Saturdays. :mickey:

I was checking from my phone. Just can't stay from Intercot:blush:

Disney4us2
03-04-2012, 01:12 AM
What insanity. This was a reminder of OMDD. Too many people and I don't have the patience to just sit and wait. At first we lined up and saw a few security guards around a white substance. To me it looked like a box of powdered laundry detergent had spilled. The guards kept everyone away from it saying they didn't know what it was.

We had breakfast at GCH. Walked around a then closed DTD. Stopped at Rainforest Cafe gift shop and then to the DL Hotel. The CM's were very informative (as they can be) and let us know when the park would be opening.

I found out later this evening from a CM friend that there was a paper rolled up in something that looked like a pipe. It was for Geocaching. I heard that the bomb sqauad was called in.

We didn't let the temp closure bother us and actually got a lot of pin trading done and a purchace at Rainforest Cafe gift shop.

I am glad that it turned out to be nothing, but also glad for the safety that Disney provided. There were some people already in the park for magic morning hour and they could not leave the park.

Joannelet
03-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Glad nothing came of this and that everyone was kept safe. Great job Disney! :)

BrerGnat
03-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Wow, this is the second incident of this nature that turned out to be Geocaching. Last time was at Downtown Disney.

I think perhaps Disney needs to make a rule against Geocaching locations on property. This is a huge waste of money, to have to call in the Anaheim PD and bomb squad and shut things down like this for hours on end.

Glad it was nothing sinister, but it's just as bad when it takes up so much resources that might be needed elsewhere.