PDA

View Full Version : Cape May vs Chef Mickeys for Breakfast!

disneynarula
03-03-2012, 03:21 AM
For our trip we will be on the DDP. We are traveling with a group of seven and I can't imagine my MIL or my FIl wanting to spend a dining credit on a Character Meal.

Both my DSs and DH like to sleep in. The plan is to leave DSs with the inlaws and DH and take DD to a character breakfast and just pay out of pocket for it. It will be a fun Mommy/Daughter event. The boys will probably go to Disney Quest for their special night.

The only character that we must see is Minnie. She will be almost three at the time of travel.

Would you do Cape May or Chef Mickey's?

Someone told me Cape May is cheaper. Is that true? On the WDW website it shows the same price as Chef Mickey's.

Will we be able to get there for a morning ADR from OKW without a car. This is the first time we are not going to have ours.

Jillirose
03-03-2012, 07:30 AM
I have been to both several times, my impression of Chef Mickey's is that it is much larger, and the characters pass through faster. We saw all the characters at our Cape May table, including Minnie. They all stopped and spent as much time as we wanted and played pranks on the kids. There is a difference in outfit too - Cape May character's wear a blue sea themed frock. I heard that Cape May is closing for refurb - so that may impact your decision.

Not sure on the price difference, but I would take a cab.

Gusgus
03-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I agree with the previous poster.

I found these prices:

Chef Mickey:
$40.46 FOR ADULTS $20.23 FOR CHILDREN 3-9

Cape May:
Adults $28.75 Children Ages 3-9 $15.97

disneymom15
03-03-2012, 10:40 AM
According to my app
Chef Mickeys breakfast $28.99 adult, $15.99 child. Dinner is $38.99 adult, $18.99 child.
Cape May breakfast $26.99 adult, $14.99 child.
Dinner is $39.99 adult, $18.99 child.

Pirate Granny
03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Can take a bus to Epcot or Studios, and walk over to the Beach Club...if you don't want to take a cab. For chef Mickey (price is only $2 more) can take bus to MK and walk over to contemporary or take the monorail over.

Disney Doll
03-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Chef Mickey's seems to be "the" character meal everyone wants to do. It's loud, it's crowded, it's chaotic. Every character meal will be to some extent, but I think Cape May is more relaxed than Chef Mickey's. It's probably easier to get a ressie there too.

mom2morgan
03-04-2012, 10:39 AM
another vote for cape may. i also think the quaint New England atmosphere just says mother/daughter event.

disneynarula
03-04-2012, 11:08 AM
It's just killing me to spend $$$$$ for breakfast but I think we have to do it!

Mom on a Mission
03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I completely agree. We've done both and my kids have actually said they don't want to go back to Chef Mickey's. The acoustics of that space are horrible and it is very loud and chaotic. Cape May is calm and relaxing and the characters will hang out with you for quite a while. It is also an easy walk into Epcot afterwards if you can meet up with the rest of your crowd there.

I hope it will be open when you are there!!

Also, I think Cape May is only one dining credit if you do want to use it, where Chef Mickey's is two.

disneynarula
03-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I am pretty sure that Chef Mickeys is just one dining credit.

Thanks for the advice I think we will go to Cape May!