PDA

View Full Version : Monorail closing alert!

emerzmom
03-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I am currently at WDW staying at Bay Lake Tower. Starting today the resort monorail will close daily between 11 am & 6 pm for the next three weeks. It was such a pain today! The transportation cast members were not clear as to where we needed to go and what was going on in several spots. We waited over 30 minutes for a bus this afternoon @ the TTC...and it was pretty warm out. When a bus finally came we all boarded then the bus driver told us we all had to get off because she was told she had to go home. I guess her shift was over. We then had to wait for another bus to come. It was not very magical.
I am confident they will get this more organized but it is really inconvienant even if Disney gets their act together.
Was there pre-warning on this and I just missed it?
So, if you missed the warning and you are traveling to WDW in the next 3 weeks now know what is going on. This will not only effect monorail resort guests but anyone with ADR's at any of the monorail resort.
Live from The Happiest Place on Earth
:mickey:
Julie

midgetpepper
03-03-2012, 07:08 AM
If you "missed the memo," then so did I because I have not heard anything about that. :sob:

midgetpepper
03-03-2012, 07:12 AM
So I just looked around and it said it was due to construction on the Grand Floridian...

Strmchsr
03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
We have a thread discussing all the info here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=189510) so I'll close this one to keep everything in one place.