PDA

View Full Version : 10 days-Am I crazy???

Wolf
03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
So...I just booked at 10 day trip for POFQ Sept 29-Oct 8 or 9 (We aren't sure which day we are coming back yet) Am I bonkers??? The longest we've ever gone for is for 6-7 tops, and that was years ago!!! I have wanted to do this for along time but am still in shock we are doing it...Yall who have done it, help??? What do we need to do to plan for such a undertaking? Any and all tips are welcome please! I'm excited but feel like its abit daunting now that we are actually doing it. :blush:

SBETigg
03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Not crazy! It's the perfect amount of time to be able to really relax and enjoy your trip without feeling any need to rush around. You might want to plan for a few ADRs, and you might want to spend more time enjoying your resort or discovering other things about WDW and not every minute in parks. Other than that, my only advice is to take your time, enjoy it.

tadshome
03-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Not crazy, you will have a great time. Last year we spent 19 days in Disney staying at POFQ and loved every minute. Planning for 2013 and hoping to go for 21 days :cloud9:

JRocker
03-03-2012, 07:21 AM
For myself, that is the only way to really enjoy the resort. You don't feel like you MUST get out of bed before the parks open, and stay until they close.

Very relaxing.

The biggest down side is that the 'never want to leave' part of the WDW visit is greatly intensified.

paragon
03-03-2012, 08:14 AM
NOT CRAZY! I love the ten day trips! We've done a four day trip-it was a tease! We have also done 7 days, found that we just wanted it go on longer, often saying "can we/should we add two more days?"- plus we always suffer from the 'LAST DAY DOOM AND GLOOM", so we just book ten day trips now. It gives us plenty of time to move along at a better pace,see each park at least twice,and leaves a day in the middle for a relaxing day/free day and its just long enough so thet the "last day doom and gloom" isn't as bad.
Love the ten day trips!!

Gregandmel
03-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I would LOVE a 10 day trip. We are the 6-7 day trip people as well. You are doing a GREAT amount of time and we LOVE POFQ!! Our arrival/departure days are just that - we ONLY arrive & depart and don't plan on doing any of the parks. We prefer to just arrive, get set up in our room, explore the resort, have a nice dinner and get to bed early. That typically leaves us 5 full days to enjoy WDW. We do 1 park a day, and mid week we have a down-day where we sleep in and usually hit DTD. (We aren't able to do "all day long" at WDW - it wears us out too much so we go at a nice pace, but don't get to see or do as much) If we had an extra 3 days, it would allow us to spend a day resort-hopping to check out the other places, maybe do a water park, and definitely go BACK to our favorite (or 2) parks before we left....maybe even checking out Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure as well. So - we are hoping for a 10 day trip next time, and of course, it won't be long enough either! LOL. ENJOY your 10 days - and maybe even hit the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Epcot's Food & Wine Festival - great choice of dates!! :thumbsup:

Jillirose
03-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Would love a 10 day trip! I would spend time poking around and exploring the resorts :)

Kairi_7378
03-03-2012, 09:26 AM
You're not crazy! You'll get to enjoy lots of the little "extras" that a lot of us who do shorter trips dream of doing someday.

I think that the Unofficial Guide recommends a trip of 10 days.

Jeri
03-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Not crazy at all. Our last 2 trips were 10 days & 12 days and our next will be 12 again.
The longer trips are great because like others have mentioned you can relax and not feel so rushed. We get the 10 day hoppers & plan to not be in the parks for those 2 days. You can go to DTD, stay at your hotel and swim, check out other resorts.
It is amazing to have all that time, you will love it. I don't think I can do anything shorter again.

kcrc
03-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I agree with other posters! We have done 9 days most trips, and, believe it or not, sometimes that still doesn't seem long enough! We definitely "plan" a couple free mornings to sleep in and go out to breakfast. We also leave a couple nights "free" so we can hang in the pool, maybe catch the movie at the resort. The free days sometimes are the most fun! I think once you go for the longer vacation, it's really really hard to go back to a shorter one! Enjoy!

teamblackwell
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
We booked 10 days also, thinking we would cut it down to 7-8 days. Now were thinking to keep the full 10.
September can't get here soon enough!!
FD rules.

TheVBs
03-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Definitely not crazy! We wouldn't go for less than 9 days now, but prefer 10. It is much more relaxing and takes the pressure off because you know you'll be hitting parks multiple times. But even at 10 days there are things we can't fit in!

faline
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
You'll be surprised at how quickly even 10 days goes by!

Wolf
03-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks yall!!! Im so happy to hear from people who have done it before!! Are there things we need to do to adapt to the longer trip? We are doing the dining plan and have a mug from that but we thought about shipping down a case of water and maybe some cereal and milk?

Wolf
03-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Also, when do they normally put out hours for October? I found Sept 29&30 on the wdw official site but am a overplanner and am going crazy not being able to plot where to go.. hmm...maybe I should be put in the soft room till the awesomeness sinks in lol!! Im already so excited I.don't know how I'm going to make it the next 6-7 months!!

faline
03-04-2012, 02:53 PM
October hours should come out around the 1st of April.

If you're going to purchase more, you might consider a grocery delivery service.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I've done 12 days before and loved it. Much more restful. You can take your time, browse the stores, spend time in the pool, go mini golfing etc.
And you could think about ordering from Garden Grocer and have water, soda,cereal, milk etc delivered to the resort. Do it early because you might not be able to get the delivery date that you want. Happy planning!

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
You're not crazy. I would love to do a ten day trip.

The one thing that I can see getting "old" would be the food. Even 4 days of eating out at restaurants wears on me. But, other than that, I think it would be a blast.

I suggest taking some days entirely OFF from the major theme parks. Maybe do water parks, see Cirque at Downtown Disney, play mini golf, rent watercraft, bikes, etc. There is a lot of fun to be had outside the theme parks, and you will end up more relaxed if you take part in some of those activities.

Even when we go for only a week, we often only get 4 or 5 day tickets, and have a couple "off" days. It works out really well for our family.

tinkman
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
No, you are not crazy. Our first trip was 5 days and when we booked it we thought we were crazy for staying so long. Boy, were we surprised! And that was when AK wasn't open yet. We started extending our trips to 6 or 7 days and it was much better, but then DW and I went for 10 days. Loved it. It was so much easier to relax, stop and enjoy so much more rather than rushing around trying to do everything. Sleep in, stay late, park hop. Now, this is the only way we'll do it.

Wolf
03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
:mickey: Thank yall <3 I feel much better now! It seemed like such a huge stretch of time at first but now I'm excited, just going crazy waiting for park hours to come out lol

Pop Centurion
03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Not crazy at all.
Our first 2 trips were 7 days then after that we started doing 10. Now our previous 2 have been 14 days and we still wish we could stay longer.

mudpuppysmom
03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Someone else said it and I'll repeat it.....You will be surprised at how fast 10 days goes!! We have been 9 days and it seems gone in a blink!

We are a family of four with two boys (aged 3 and 9) and honestly, we don't see everything everyone wants to see/do! Last trip DS#1 wanted to go back to DHS to do the drawing with an animator and while we tried to make it there.....we never did! He and I went back one evening to buy dad a shirt he liked and by the time we rode the boat over from Boardwalk and got in and got the shirt the last session was already in progress....

You can get in, get settled and then let the fun begin!!

mgmnut
03-10-2012, 06:26 AM
We are normally 7 days trippers. We have done the 10 day trip and love it. You get to take in so much more, water parks, other Resorts, shopping at DTD or Disney Quest, etc..

In the end you'll still wonder where all the time went.

Enjoy!!

sara114
03-10-2012, 06:37 AM
I've done the 10 day trip, but I also bought an annual pass for that trip only. Used the annual pass discount for the room and saved lots of money !

LudwigVonDrake
03-11-2012, 07:51 PM
10 days is a perfect amount of time to do all the things you want to do and not rush. As someone posted earlier, you'd be surprised at how fast 10 days go by.

128 days until my next 10 day trip :mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
03-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Good for you!!! You'll be able to relax and enjoy your trip and never have to feel rushed! Do have a few ADRs in place, enjoy the resort, the pool and all your magical moments!

:mickey: