PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we can make it from 6:05 pm ADR at Boma to 9:00pm Fantasmic

Alpha Jeanie
03-02-2012, 09:28 PM
We will be eating at Boma for a 6:05 dinner the first week of June. Do you think we will be able to eat dinner, take a quick look at the animals after dinner and make it to Hollywood Studios for the 9:00 Fantasmic show?

We will have spent that whole day at Animal Kingdom, so if we have to skip "looking at the animals", it will be ok.

It will be night extra magic hours that night at Hollywood Studios, so we will still be able to go on other rides that night, even if we end up missing Fantasmic. We hope to make it to the show, because there is no Fantasmic show the other day we plan to visit Hollywood Studios.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-02-2012, 09:37 PM
The rule of thumb is to allow at least 1 hour to get from a resort to a park or vice versa. That being said, you usually have to be in line at least an hour before the show. You could always take a cab to get you to the park quicker but that can be as much as $20.00. So you can do it but it might be a little tight time wise.

SBETigg
03-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Boma is a buffet so you pretty much set your own pace once you're seated, and we've been seated on time when we've been there. I think there's a good chance you can make it.

DizneyRox
03-03-2012, 03:49 AM
I don't think you can make it. Between the meal, transportation, and then the wait necessary for Fantasmic, you'll need to be pretty lucky.

As mentioned, they recommend getting in line early for Fantasmic. If they stop the nightly performances, which I haven't heard anything about, lines will be longer. Just getting from the bus, through security, turnstiles, and then walking over to the theater, you could be looking at 30 - 45 minutes.

Boma shouldn't be rushed.

The resort itself is fantastic, so if you've never been there you'll be selling yourself short skipping out early.

Taxi would be your best option for transportation. Might be the only chance you have actually.

disneynarula
03-03-2012, 05:53 AM
What time of year are you going? We went during a busy time and we were not seated on time at Boma. We waited about half an hour past our ADR time. I would allow at least an hour to eat. If you get seated on time you could be done and in line for the bus by 7:30. Then you need to catch the bus to the Studios. The buses usually run every fifteen minutes so if you get the bus right away I would guess you might be able to get to the studios by 8:00. If you just miss it it will be close to 8:15 when you get there. Then you have to go through security and the turnstiles. If everything runs perfect you may be able to get in line for Fantasmic by 8:30 at the earliest.

I am not sure if that is enough time. I might try to change your reservation at Boma if possible.

I guess you could eat really fast since it is a buffet but I wouldn't rush through dinner at Boma!

Gusgus
03-03-2012, 09:49 AM
It will be very tight. Boma is fairly popular and unlike the previous poster unless we had a reservation when they open we usually wait 15 - 20 minutes and sometimes more to get a table. If you find yourself getting tight on time take a taxi instead of the bus. The crowd levels then are about 7 out of 10 and it's Star Wars weekend. Depending on the crowds, you may need to be there an hour early (8:00) or you may not get in.

Gusgus

ledudes
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I highly doubt it. We have never gotten in right at our reservation time, and then you would need to eat and get on a but to HS and make it in line by probably 8. Maybe if you get right in and rush through your meal, but it is a yummy buffet with fun sesserts so I wouldn't ruch through if I were you. Traveling to and from parks and getting in through security and ticket booths etc. can take awhile even if you try to rush.

Alpha Jeanie
03-03-2012, 11:29 AM
We will be at Boma on Monday, June 4th for a 6:05 ADR. This will be our 3rd time to Boma, so if we dont get to "tour" the hotel grounds & see the animals again, it will be ok. Again, we will have just spent the whole day at Animal Kingdom and hopefully have seen our fair share of animals on the safari.

This will probably be our only chance to see Fantasmic on this trip since the day we are actually spending at Hollywood Studios (Wed, June 6th) will be their early morning hours and for some reason they are closing at 7:00 that night with no Fantasmic show on the schedule.

We have seen Fantasmic 2ce before, and the kids love it, so we hope that it will work to see it on this trip.

Does anyone know what time the first reservation is for Boma for dinner? Just wondering where a 6:05 reservation would fall on the list.

I think taking a cab would be a great idea...thank you for your suggestion.

SBETigg
03-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Show up the recommended fifteen minutes prior to your reservation time, too, maybe. The sooner they get you on the checked-in list, the better.

LVT
03-04-2012, 07:17 AM
I had a 1st seating 5:30 res once so 605 sounds doable.
Even if the line for Fantasmic is long, the view is OK from all corners of the stadium seating.
THe CM might know if you have a chance to get in based on the line length. We tend to go in towards the end and just hope for the best.

ThanxForNoticin
03-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I honestly thought last year when we ate at Boma early, we were seated by 5:00 - but I could be wrong. I agree with the idea that you get there 15 minutes before your scheduled time, just in case there's an earlier opening.

But just be careful, don't ruin a fun dinner like Boma trying to rush through it to go and wait in line for a show you might not get into if you're too late. You can make a nice evening very stressful that way. If it's your only chance to enjoy Fantasmic this trip, perhaps you can look to eat someplace closer? There are options at DHS, EPCOT, or the Boardwalk area that might work better. Any chance there might be something earlier at Boma (although I'm sure you have already checked)?

Good luck. I hope the evening works out for you.

Pop Centurion
03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Figuring average case scenario it will be close.

Say it takes 15mins from ADR to be seated (average). It's then 6:20
If you don't take your time eating you could be there for an hour between eating & paying the bill. Now 7:20
15-20min wait for the bus followed by 10-15 min travel time & you should arrive at DHS around 7:55-8:05
Add 10 mins to walk from the bus & get into the park. You'll then be at the end of a long Fantasmic line at 8:05 to 8:15. This leaves with the possibility of being turned away if the amphitheater is full. (I was turned away in Sept when I got in line 45mins prior)

This is all guess-timate but gives you an idea of what kind of time you're working with. Other things can factor in such as heavy traffic, longer wait for bus (it's happened to me a couple times coming from AKL) longer wait to be seated, etc. But also you could be seated right away, walk outside just as a bus is pulling up, low attendance for Fantasmic. So it's really up in the air

Main Street Jim
03-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Another thing to consider, too, is, is that the first (and/or only) performance of F!? Or is that (a 9:00pm show) a second performance due to EMH? :thumbsup:

If the 9:00 show *is* a second performance, it's usually a LOT less crowded than the first one.

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Why not get to the hotel early to check it out and see the animals BEFORE dinner?

To be honest, after a day at AK, the lodge itself is ho-hum, at best (the "savannah", I mean).

I think you can make it. As mentioned, if time is really tight, just hop in a cab. You'll be at the Studios in no time!

And, don't stress too much about getting prime seats for Fantasmic. You can walk in late and still find a place to sit. The bonus to sitting up top, towards the back, is that once the show is over, you can get out of there FAST before the rest of the crowd starts exiting.

Alpha Jeanie
03-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Thank you for all the advise. If the cards are stacked right that night, I think that we could make it to Fantasmic. We will be at Boma at least 20 minutes before our 6:05 ADR and hope for the best.

sonamae80
03-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I have no advice, but just wanted to mention that we will be visiting WDW during the same week you will be there! :D We are staying at AKL and are having dinner at Boma on Wednesday, the 6th! ;)

Alpha Jeanie
03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I have no advice, but just wanted to mention that we will be visiting WDW during the same week you will be there! :D We are staying at AKL and are having dinner at Boma on Wednesday, the 6th! ;)

We will see you there!
Meet you at the zebra domes!