PDA

View Full Version : Is All Stars Music a good choice?

mom2morgan
03-02-2012, 09:17 PM
My 19 year old daughter, who will not be staying with us at CBR had chosen ASMu based on theme. It certainly does look cute, but I'm wondering if this is a good choice, or if there is anything else she should be considering - I know POP is much newer; is AsMu looking worn? How are the busses in September? pool, food court?

disneynarula
03-03-2012, 02:47 AM
I prefer Pop but I have enjoyed my stay at All Star Music as well.

Pop is newer and the rooms were a little better maintained.

I thought the bus service was about the same. People complain because the All Stars all share bus service but I didn't think it was that bad. If the parks are busy each All Star will sometimes have it's own bus anyway

Pop Century is also bigger than the All Stars. We had a room the was the farthest from the food court and lobby and it was not that bad at All Star Music. Certainly walkable for two young ladies.

If she is using the free dining promotion she may have to be flexible with her choices. Sometimes rooms sell out with the free dining in certain resorts.

mickeyman42
03-03-2012, 08:06 AM
I love ASMu, we have stayed there 3 times. I found the buses to be great, and the only time we shared was at the middle of the day, during the busy times each resort had their own buses. actually when there was bus sharing, it seemed like the All-stars had 3 times the number of buses making it easier to get home.

also love the food court. we think its the best one around. even when its busy its so open and large that you never feel overcrowded. Apparently the food court at pop is smaller? I don't know, never been there.

the rooms are basic, terrible? no just basic, but all of the all-stars are basic. are they in need of repair? I dont think so and we stayed there last august. actually, and I may be wrong, but I think ASMu at a refurb not that long ago, maybe 2-3 years? if its more then boy does time fly!

our kids love the pools, the piano pool more than the main pool, but thats because there is an Ariel statue there and they love that. when we stayed at CBR the kids did NOT like the pool at all. they wouldn't go on the water slide and the kiddie section was a little intimidating (with the big water buckets dumping water) for our 8 year old, so the 4 year old wouldn't go handy to anything. anyway while at CBR they both wanted to back to the Ariel pool the entire time (made me wish I had saved a few bucks and done it)

I guess my point is that you are going to find people who will love and hate everything about every resort. we love the ASMu, someone else won't, thats fine. but its not a deplorable, horrendous nightmare of a resort, so i wouldn't worry about it. it is what it is, not the Grand Floridian, but hey, not nearly as expensive either!

TheVBs
03-03-2012, 04:35 PM
We've always had great stays there. The rooms were redone not too long ago. We've never had a problem with the way things looked. During our Sept. stays the pool, food court and buses were all good, not too busy.

IamBelle
03-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I love All Star Music and have stayed there many times. All of the themed areas are not too far away from the main lobby, whereas Pop Century is much larger and some of the theme areas are VERY far away from the main lobby...At AsMu I prefer the Calypso rooms since it is the closest to the pool and the lobby, but I have also stayed at the Rock n' Roll rooms and the walk is not much farther at all.

zipadeedoodah
03-07-2012, 05:04 PM
the music and movies are both excelent in my opinion. I would stay at either one in a heartbeat, and not be disapointed at all! It's a great choice :)

Suz36
03-08-2012, 10:43 AM
We enjoyed our stay at ASMu. We stayed in the Country Fair area, and even though it was the farthest from the main building, we enjoyed the walk, and I think it was quieter being in the back. The food court was nice, and we had great bus service. If they like the theming, I say go for it!