PDA

View Full Version : SSR Treehouse Villas

disneynarula
03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
We are booked at OKW in a two bedroom villa for next January.:mickey: We will be a party of seven MIL, FIL, DH, DSs (8 and 6) and DD (almost 3).

While I am excited to try a new resort I am wondering if we might enjoy the room at the Treehouse Villas instead. I know there will be pleny of room at OKW but the treehouse villas are the same price and it might be nice to have the kids in their own room.

Has anyone stayed at these and be willing to share their experiences?

Jillirose
03-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Although I can't speak from experience, I can relate my brother's thoughts. They were excited when they booked it, but after the vacation said that they felt they were too far from transportation, food, and pool and wouldn't stay there again. They did enjoy the layout, theming, etc.

disneynarula
03-02-2012, 05:41 PM
That was my concern. It seems pretty isolated and we will most likely not have a car.

Maleficent's Dad
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
It's a few years old now, but here is the review I wrote when I stayed at the THV.

Review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=159743)

DizneyFreak2002
03-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I stayed at the Tree Houses a few times now and I musts ay I love them... The villas are pretty big, three bedrooms (one with bunk beds)... There are two bus stops on site, North and South... The North station is closer to the entrance, I believe that is the North station.. The second station is further down the road... The area of the tree houses really isn't huge and spaced out, unlike OWK, Coronado, or Caribbean Beach... I also have requested my room be closer to the bus stops, and never once did I feel I was ever too far from the bus...

The transportation system can be a little confusing for first timers though... You have to take a bus from the tree houses into the main resort then get off at the first stop and wait for your theme park/DTD bus there... Then coming back from the theme park you do the same: go to the main resort, get off the bus stop, and wait for a tree house bus...

The tree house villas also have their own pool, so no need to head to the main resort for use of the pool... Yes, you may need to walk to the pool, but it isn't far really... It is actually a nice stroll...

One of my favorite things about the tree houses is the quiet... peace and quiet... you can sit on the deck and not hear any loud noises from neighbors in rooms close to you, or tried cranky kids at the end of a long day (and I mean no disrespect, but we know kids can be cranky when tired)...

The villas also have a kitchen, so bring some food... There is also a grill, but I think you have to provide the charcoal...

Crow
03-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Ive read about them and would love to try staying there, but always too far out of price range. if the same price as OKW for you id say try them. and let us know how you liked it.

Mousemates
03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
We very much enjoyed our stay in the treehouses, but as others have said there seemed to be a bit more walking involved and the trasportation was somewhat cumbersome, with the "whole catch two buses to get someplace" thing going on (kind of like at Fort Wilderness). However, to us the benefits of privacy and the uniqueness of feel (for disney lodging) more than made up for the extra traveling time.