PDA

View Full Version : Going for Halloween week.

williambonetto
03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
We are going the week of Halloween. I want the kids to go trick or treating in Disney. Is there anything i need to know about? Is there anything special I should take them to being Hallowen related?
Thank you

buzznwoodysmom
03-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Definitely take them to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. We were in WDW for Halloween in 2010 and attended the party on Halloween night. It was great. I'd read reports to avoid going Halloween night as that party is always a "sell out" and it would be super crowded. That night did indeed sell out, but we still managed to have a fabulous time. We would definitely do it again given the chance.

We were staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and each day there were pool parties at the main pool. On Halloween day the games and songs were all Halloween themed. From everything I've read most of the resorts will have some sort of Halloween related activity going on at the resort during the day, and many of the resorts have trick or treating that night. Many of the resorts also do movies outside at night. The movies will likely be Halloween related that week, if they are being held.

Downtown Disney used to do trick or treating on Halloween night, but I seem to remember reading something about that being either toned down, or discontinued, in 2011. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will come along and give the proper information on Halloween night at DTD.

It is a great time to be in WDW. Enjoy!

Jillirose
03-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Loved that time of year! There were several outdoor concerts and our kids did trick or treat in Downtown Disney - sounds like that is no longer a tradition...