PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation and Pop Century - Generations Gap Bridge

PopPhan
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
When AoA starts to open up, will the Generation Gap Bridge be open so that people can pass between Pop and AoA? I suspect it will, at some point anyway, but have heard nothing about it.

Maybe, with this Free Dining offer just announced for Disney Visa cardholders (opening to the public on Monday,) we might just head down in late September for a visit...We would be staying at Pop, but it would be nice to be able to cross the bridge and take a look around AoA....

zipadeedoodah
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing! The bridge still has the "legendary" years on the bridge to my knowledge, so I wonder if they plan on removing them before it opens to guests.

It would be nice if perhaps the swimming pools can be shared between the two resorts much like the All-Star resorts do. (I think they still allow it?)

JoDisney
03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
My response is that I do not believe the bridge will be opened between the resorts for quite awhile. I do not think that Disney wants the new resort to be easily accessible to POP guests, initially. My thinking is that if you want to see the new resort, you will need to make the drive there.

TikiGoddess
03-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't have the bridge open. On my last stay at Pop Century, I walked all the way across the bridge (it was blocked off at the end - this was just as they were restarting construction). All they would have to do is remove the fence/blockade and voila, you have a path connecting the resorts.

Kathy