PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs

williambonetto
03-01-2012, 07:11 AM
We will be staying in SSR in the fall (10/27 - 11/03). We have a 4 and 7 year old. Looking at the resort map I am trying to figure which section would be best for the little legs. I am thinking of either the Grandstand or the Springs. We do like being close to everything. Any pros or cons i should be aware of. Thank you for got help.
Bill

MinnieMommie
03-01-2012, 07:28 AM
We love Grandstand and that's where we always try to stay. It is the first stop on the bus as opposed to the Springs which is the last (and sometimes hard to get a seat getting on). Grandstand is a hop skip and a jump to the Carriage House (food), boat to DD and has easy access to the main pool (but we usually use the Grandstand pool which has a hot tub, concession stand and refillable mug station). If you want Grandstand I would try to get the building closest to the Carriage House.

I'm not sure if you are considering Carousel but they have a new pool with play and food area. :mickey:

williambonetto
03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I thougt of the Carousel but I think i want to be a little closer to the walking path also. All i can do is ask. I know there is no guarantee. It will be our kids first trip to Disney and I'm the one freaking out trying to make sure it is the best it can be. Thank you.

disneynarula
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
We stayed in the Springs about two years ago and found it pretty easy to get to the main buildings but far enough away to be quiet and relaxing.

We had our own car and did not use the bus system.

tjstrike
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
The grandstand is best for the bus

The springs for the main pool and food

Congress park for good views and a short walk to DTD

Our favorite is congress park. :thumbsup:

Aurora
03-02-2012, 06:01 PM
We like Congress Park too. It is a bit of a walk to the pool and main building, but it's a nice walk.