PDA

View Full Version : Question about booking another cruise while on board.

BeccaO
02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Ok, we were on the Dream in January. Our last night on board we booked a future cruise in order to take advantage of the discount and onboard credit they were offering. For anybody that is familiar with doing this, we booked a misc cruise for next January for my husband and myself, and now we decided to add the kids and pick a 7 night cruise. Now, my question is, do I call and change this reservation and still get the discount and the onboard credit for the new choice of cruise we decided on? Is this difficult to do?

Ed
03-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Not difficult at all; we just did the same thing ourselves.

But we did it in an even easier way - - we transferrred our reservation to Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com), and not only did Nanci get our reservation changed from a 5-night on Dream to a 7-night on Fantasy including the discount and OBC, but now we have an additional OBC from MJ. And MJ is keeping track of all the important dates and sending us reminders - - when final payment is due, when we can make onboard and shore excursion ressies, etc.

Couldn't be happier ! :cloud9:

BeccaO
03-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Wow!!! I had no idea that I could do it with MJ!! I have used them in the past for DW ressies but never dreamed that you could switch over a ressie like this and still take advantage of discounts that were offered right on the cruise!!! Thanks for the info, I am thrilled!!!

Ed
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow!!! I had no idea that I could do it with MJ!!

You absolutely can. MJ's folks are very well versed in all things related to DCL as well as the Disney parks and resorts. Sort of a "one stop shop". In fact, as I'm writing this, Nanci and Kathy are in New York checking out Fantasy and will be attending her christening tonight!

I know that I'm personally relieved that they are handling my reservation and keeping me posted on due dates and the like; every once in a while, I have a "senior moment" and such things slip by me. :old:

:captain:

ElenitaB
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
As I'm becoming more and more prone to those Senior Moments myself :blush: , I really do appreciate the gentle nudges I get from my wonderful MJ travel agent. But besides the reminders, I totally appreciate the fact that they're all up on the latest discounts... our last cruise, my MJ TA alerted us (and secured for us) a super discount. Love those ladies! :notworth:

BeccaO
03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Not only do I appreciate MJ, but I also appreciate the help I get here on Intercot!! Thanks for the info Ed, I have already sent a request to MJ with my info, just waiting for a reply with any help they can give me!!!!

Tink1
03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
I just replied to you by email BeccaO.

We do assume DCL reservations that were made directly with DCL.

However, due to the fact that the commission is less on transferred reservations, the OBC is also less. The OBC is determined by the amount of commission rec'd by the agency.

Nanc