View Full Version : We're finally going back! Day 3 - part 2

SallyMcQueen
02-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Cast members
Me – 33
DH – 34
DD – 8
DS – 4 (first trip)

We all got ready after swimming and were out the door by about 4:30. We decided to drive to the Contemporary just to make sure we’d get there in time and we were also planning on going to DHS that evening to take advantage of EMH that night. Well it took us much less time to get there than we thought, so we walked around the Contemporary for a bit and had a drink at the Outer Rim. Finally at about 5:10 we decided to check in for our reservation. We got ushered through the picture line and right to our table. We were seated right next to the buffet, which I liked. Our server, Rebecca (I think), was fantastic. She gave us the heads up on how the characters would come around and was just plain old super. We got our drinks and before we knew it Donald was at our table. Now I’ve heard complaints that the characters rush through and don’t spend much time with each table. I didn’t really get this impression. Both with us and with the tables around us, they hung out to give autographs and take pictures and play around for a minute or so with the kids and then moved on. Also, with being right next to the buffet you could quick run over fill your plate and keep an eye on where the characters were so you get back to your table beforehand.

As for the food, it was good. I don’t remember everything that was there, but it was your typical buffet offerings. I do remember a good pasta dish with a kind of creamy cheese and veggies. The desserts were great and I think the kids ate more of those than anything else. After we all had our fill we decided to head out to DHS.

We walked through the turnstiles pretty close to 7, which was the closing time that night. Our first stop was the Great Movie Ride, which I hadn’t been on since 1997. It was a nice way to let the food settle before getting on the more adventurous rides  We checked our phones for the wait time for Toy Story Mania, it was something like 50 or 60 minutes, ummm no thanks. So we then head over to Star Tours, which had a 5 minute wait. We get there and they are asking to see everyone’s resort cards. Not once at MK the night before did anyone ask to see our cards. So we flash our cards and head to the front of the line and we are on our way to help the spy escape. DS hadn’t been too excited about any ride up to this point, in fact he asked a couple of times if we could not go on anymore rides. Well, we get off Star Tours and he says “That was AWESOME!!!! Can we go again?” Heck ya, because that was totally awesome. We walked right on again and got a new scenario. After convincing both kids that “no, you don’t need a Darth Mal mask, or Jedi Mickey or that thingy over there,” we start heading towards Tower of Terror.

Full Disclosure – Tower of Terror is my favorite ride, most favorite ride ever. In 2008 DD was big enough, but not brave enough to ride and frankly DH isn’t much of a thrill ride fan, but will go on them periodically. So the last time we came to WDW I only got to ride once and alone. Well since then DD has turned into a ride junkie just like me. She and DH made a pact that they’d ride for their first time together. DD was nervous and so was DH, I later found out. Well DS and I walked around for a few minutes then I decided to pop-a-squat next to the coffee stand right next to the exit. I got us some sort of snack while we waited. DS had the same problem as DD had last time – big enough, not brave enough – so he got to hang out and have snacks. So we are waiting and waiting and waiting. Now the wait was only 10 minutes, but it seemed like they took forever to come out. Well, DD didn’t even say a word, just grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the entrance to ride again. Sweet!! I’ve got a ride buddy now for TT. I love TT no matter what, but I love it best at night. As usual it didn’t disappoint. By this point we were all starting to drag so we decided to go back to Pop.

We got back to the room and the kids settled in for the night while I got us organized and packed up what I could, because in the morning we were checking out of Pop and checking in to Beach Club!

SBETigg
02-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Good times! Chef Mickey's sounds great, glad characters took their time with you. And you have a new ride buddy for Tower of Terror. Awesome. :)

faline
02-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Another long, but very fun day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Sounds like fun

Mfarquar
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
That is my dream - to someday have a child that loves ToT as much as my husband and I do. We actually had a conversation on our last trip that we would bring along a family member to wait with them if they didn' t - we cannot have a trip without riding at least 15 times!

Glad your daughter caught the bug!

vizsla
03-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the report.

buzznwoodysmom
03-02-2012, 10:12 AM
What a super fun day. And now you get to move to the Beach Club!!!!! We love Beach Club!

DisneyorBust
03-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Great trip so far! Now that you have a TT riding buddy your hubby can opt out knowing that you're in good hands!
Looking forward to your next report!

Dopey's Girl
03-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah for a ToT buddy. It is my favorite ride too!

hauntedmansiongirl
03-07-2012, 01:35 AM
I am amazed at how much you packed into everyday and how short the ride lines were! You went at a great time! :mickey: