PDA

View Full Version : DWTS: Season 14

Melanie
02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
I think this was a first, both stars and their pros were announced this morning. The show premieres March 19 on ABC.

The pairings are:

• Melissa Gilbert - Maksim Chmerkovskiy

• Jaleel White - Kym Johnson

• Sherri Shepherd - Val Chmerkovskiy.

• Martina Navratilova - Tony Dovolani

• Jack Wagner - Anna Trebunskaya

• Donald Driver - Peta Murgatroyd

• Maria Menounos - Derek Hough

• Roshon Fegan - Chelsie Hightower

• William Levy - Cheryl Burke

• Gavin DeGraw - Karina Smirnoff

• Gladys Knight - Tristan MacManus

• Katherine Jenkins - Mark Ballas

Melanie
02-28-2012, 08:43 AM
I have no idea who 3 of these 'stars' are, but the main thing that stands out to me is that they must be making Tristan really pay his dues. He'll likely be gone by week 3 or 4. :(

This IMO is a really weak cast. If I stick with it, I think Jaleel and Donald will be good, and it looks like Cheryl probably has a good chance (although I've never heard of her guy). Melissa and Maks - that will be interesting. :yes:

Melanie
02-28-2012, 08:59 AM
HA! Just realized that one of the names I didn't recognize, I've actually stood right next to the kid. Roshon (along with some other Disney Channel stars) was part of the Give A Day Get A Day campaign a few years back and he was at the press event I got to go to at Epcot. I was planting trees with them, and a few other hundred of our closest friends. ;) I remember taking pics and having to ask my sons at home who these guys were.

Scar
02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
I have no idea who 3 of these 'stars' are, ...I only recognize 6 names... and 2 of those are dancers.

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Who is Katherine Jenkins??

sonamae80
02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Who is Katherine Jenkins??

She's an opera singer!

I'm excited to watch...but then again, I'm such a sucker for this show! LOL!

I think Roshon will do great! And I think Jaleel will do great too! Not so sure about any of the girls just yet...but they may surprise me! ;)

coloradowendyl
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
No reality tv or politicians this time...works for me!

Jack Wagner did Melrose Place, but he is always going to be Frisco Jones to most people!

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Jack Wagner did Melrose Place, but he is always going to be Frisco Jones to most people!Amen to that! :D

Dopey's Girl
02-28-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't really watch the show, but when I saw the list, I wondered who most of them were until I got to Jaleel White. They must be desperate to pick Urkel. Jack Wagner, Melissa Gilbert and Martina N. were the only names I knew.

TheDuckRocks
02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
This just keeps getting worse for me each year, there are 5 of these "celebraties" that I have no clue as to who they are.

TiggeRia
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I have to say I wasn't too excited by the cast this season, but after watching the opening show I was pleasantly surprised! I will most definitely watch again next week.

Melanie
03-20-2012, 06:37 AM
I have to say I wasn't too excited by the cast this season, but after watching the opening show I was pleasantly surprised! I will most definitely watch again next week.

Wow, everyone can dance!

sonamae80
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
WOW!!! Best season opener EVER! Gladys Knight really surprised me! That woman can move for her age! :D I loved that Sheri Sheppard danced to the song "Sherry"! That was too cute! Jaleel looked fantastic! I'm even more excited about this season! :D

Melanie
04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
DONE with this show again, and maybe forever. Every year it turns into the Derek and/or Mark show. I'll never get what it is about them.

TinkerbellT421
04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm with you Mel. It's very annoying.

Princess'Mom
05-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm with you Mel. It's very annoying.

I concur! It jumped the shark a long time ago. But somehow I'm sucked into watching it every season with the family. :sick: I think my DH is a closet DWTS fan! Go figure!