PDA

View Full Version : Any good CS at DHS?

faberj
02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
We have only had TS at the Studios. Are there any good CS places?

darthmacho
02-27-2012, 10:37 PM
It doesn't have a good reputation, and admittedly the theming is lame, but in 2003, we had a pretty good relaxing meal at ABC Commissary. If they kept the food the same and just re-themed it, it might not be so bad. :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
02-27-2012, 10:57 PM
DHS is not a park that we find good for CS, but our standby has always been Backlot Express, by Indiana Jones Show. It's burgers, dogs and some other things(?), but has been pretty consistently good.

The Commissary for us was not very good (twice), but every one has different taste. . . . :shrug:

Whenever we go, we try to make it a point of lunching TS at 50s Diner. :tasty:

Niecyboo
02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
We really like Starring Rolls bakery. They only have 2 or 3 sandwich choices, but they are really good sandwiches. Of course, the desserts are what keep us coming back!

AmandaChan
02-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Backlot express wasn't so bad.. and they have refill station you can fill your water bottles or refill sodas.

ABC gets a lot of bad reviews but I used to love their cuban sandwich, and they have curry if you're craving something like that. it's a nice change from a burger. I've never been to starring rolls but i've heard it's good... and you can sometimes coerce staff to sell you apiece of grapefruit cake from the brown derby.

JoF
02-28-2012, 03:00 AM
I would vote for ABC commissary.
We were there in October and had great food.
Otherwise I've only tried the pizza planet, which was ok.

Jillirose
02-28-2012, 07:19 AM
We really like Starring Rolls bakery. They only have 2 or 3 sandwich choices, but they are really good sandwiches. Of course, the desserts are what keep us coming back!

agree:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
02-28-2012, 08:38 AM
I like Backlot Express because they have different type of sandwiches to change things up a little, and Starring Rolls is good; but Bill and Min's (or the name may have changed recently but the booth is still there) have GREAT Corn Dogs! :thumbsup:

KatrinaJ91
02-28-2012, 09:34 AM
We like Backlot Express, Pizza Planet and the Studio Catering Co.

Wolf
02-28-2012, 10:18 AM
I like Toy Story Pizza Planet alot, and nothing else there really, we usually eat at our resort that day, lunch at PP then eat pop corn or something till we get dinner elsewhere. We had Commisary once and it was the worst food I've ever had on property...Like it made MCD's look deeeeelightful!!!

minnie-mouse
02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Studio Catering Co. or ABC Commissary

Kairi_7378
02-28-2012, 07:15 PM
ABC Commissary is fair. Had a bad experience at Backlot Express during our last trip. We usually snack here, and then head to an early dinner at Epcot.

ElenitaB
02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
We generally end up at Backlot Express. Opposite to the previous poster, we've had bad experiences at the Commissary (breakfast back when they used to serve it there and lunch). I agree with Wolf's assessment of the Commissary.

Cinderelley
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Starring Rolls is the way to go. Their desserts are heavenly. :cloud9:

Backlot Express isn't too bad either if you happen to be near there when you get hungry.

MNNHFLTX
02-29-2012, 07:29 AM
I like the Commissary--they have some unique dining options. The sandwiches at Starring Rolls are good too, but they need more tables in the patio area. Last time we were there we had a really excellent Chicken Caesar salad at Catalina Eddie's on Sunset Blvd.

Disneywarrior
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
ABC Commissary used to be a great place to eat. The dining room is comfortable and pleasant, but now, the food is horrible. The menu is very strange. Who eats shrimp with a cheeseburger? Yes, that is actually on the menu! The chicken curry looks and smells absolutely hidious! The only thing worth eating is the chicken cordon bleu and it is only mediocre. The only desserts are sugar free yogurt parfait and a chocolate mousse, which let's face it, is pudding. The menu definitely needs a change! Overall, DHS seriously needs to add some CS options.