PDA

View Full Version : Por reovations

Miss Tink 2
02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
We have never stayed at POR before, but our DD was thinking of going here in a new themed room for our DGD's 4 &6. What kind do they offer? I thought I read somewhere that they had Mermaid rooms? Is this true? Also for those who have stayed here before, did the size of the resort make it less enjoyable?

wickedgin
02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
POR has newly refurbished "royal" rooms, the only mermaid rooms I know of will be in the new Art of Animation resort.
I love POR, and I think the size of the resort only adds to my enjoyment of it. I love walking "through the woods" and along the river. IMO, the walk from most of the POR buildings to the food court feels shorter than the walk from the far ends of AKL to the lobby. I think the royal rooms are in Parterre and Oak, which are both fairly close to the main building, so the size of the resort shouldn't be as daunting.

brownie
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
The size of the resort did not make it less enjoyable for us. We had a rental car and it was a bit of walk to our room from where we could park our car. I think the footprint of the resort adds to its ambience.

mom2morgan
02-28-2012, 04:08 PM
I haven't been since the renovations - I've seen pictures of the "royal rooms" and they look stunning. But I would recommend this resort to anyone, any time. The grounds are beautiful, the food court is great, there is a very nicely themed swimming pool plus several "quiet" pools if you don't feel like crowds, there is a boat to Downtown Disney - and even if you choose not to spring for one of the (more expensive) Royal rooms, you still have a choice of two different themes.
Edited to answer your ACTUAL question (oops) - We don't usually mind the size at all; despite the warnings it isn't actually a really long walk to anywhere. But if there is some concern about that with two young kids, the preferred rooms put you right near the pool, food courts, bus and boat stops, for (I think) $15 more per day.

MrPeetrie
02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
It is a magnificent moderate resort. There is so much to do. You can fish, rent bicycles, take a carriage ride, or take a boat ride to DTD to name a few. It has a great pool complex. I like its clever food court. (The water wheel turns the inside fan.)

I have never found the size an issue. In fact, I've always enjoyed the walk to the food court or to the bus stop. It's a really nice resort!